It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see "earthquake lights"??? (Atlanta)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I had my big kid camera with me but driving and tryna shoot with a nikon is an epic fail.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
According to my friend in china, Frogs are also a good indicator of forthcoming quakes.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Have you looked at the links provided to see if it looks like what you saw??just wondering

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

second link was inactive. the google one.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

Hardly see frogs here. No water.

second line

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Nothing like that to me but it was night time. does it do that during the night?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Any more insight into this?

watching earthquake chart just in case.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If your gut feeling tells you something was out of the ordinary about the lights then you are prolly right....before the earthquake that hit west virgina months ago i noticed that the sky was all sorts of wierd colors 2 days prior to the earthquake....i was driving home from work and i kept telling my friend there gonna be a earthquake man..those colors are way out of the ordinary then 2 days later we had the earthquake..if youll remember it was the one felt up n down the east coast..it was back in august...we willl know in a day or two if what you saw is indeed a precursor.
edit on 3-11-2011 by TheSonOfMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfMan

It would be cool as hell if there is an earthquake, but I do hope not. Have earthquake lights been confirmed as an occurrence or are they "reports"?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Don't think i've ever seen those sort of illuminations here in Ohio...

it is odd... guess we will see...
edit on 3-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
reply to post by eeks4

Nothing like that to me but it was night time. does it do that during the night?

Good question...This is a video of the lights in the evening time before the earthquake in Christwww.youtube.com... church

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

this is in the evening (sunset) check this vid out and see if this one is close.........www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

The videos sky is still too early in the day. It was too dark to really tell. All I knew is that it was eerily bright and had a strange almost greenish tinge to it.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

considering the time and the storm..I think you probably saw the storm..11pm is a bit to dark to see eq lights...so chances are you saw lightning from the storm....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Still doesn't make sense for my location and the fact that I saw similar illumination 0_o

it looked far too odd.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
I got off work at around 11:15pm and was leaving the downtown Atlanta area headed north on the downtown corridor. Around the fork, where I branched off onto 85N I looked due north and saw a BRIGHT area in the sky, I mean intensely bright, for miles across the horizon. It kinda looked like lighting behind a cloud that had been paused, mid flash. It even kinda resembles the aurora borealis. Unfortunately, I couldn't snap a photo, but I wanna know if anybody might have an idea of what that was. It looked like the various photos of "earthquake lights". And I stared long enough to see that it was most likely not sourced on the ground.
edit on 3-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

Here are some pictures of aurora bwww.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch& tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=vHOzTsbwK4yq0AGnyPzWBA&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=629&sei=%20w3OzToK1DeLx0gH-7OjHBAorealis..check it out....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

There's a lot of speculative claims about 'earthquake lights'....and while there are certainly some legitimate study involving balls of light comming out of earthquake zones due to the crushing of certain minerals, these look more like ball lightening...and don't stick around.

What you saw was much more likely another rather new (for latitudes farther from the poles anyway) and somewhat mysterious phenomenon known as Self-Luminous Clouds.....also known as Noctilucent Clouds. They are thought to be a sign of Climate Change, as theyve become far more common in the lower latitudes than ever before....Here's a link.

www.wired.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

No, the clouds had already moved out. We had about an hour an a half of very strong wind. The storm was long gone. Look at the radar still that was posted on page 1. I live downtown in Atlanta, haven't seen the storm for some hours..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

There's a lot of speculative claims about 'earthquake lights'....and while there are certainly some legitimate study involving balls of light comming out of earthquake zones due to the crushing of certain minerals, these look more like ball lightening...and don't stick around.

What you saw was much more likely another rather new (for latitudes farther from the poles anyway) and somewhat mysterious phenomenon known as Self-Luminous Clouds.....also known as Noctilucent Clouds. They are thought to be a sign of Climate Change, as theyve become far more common in the lower latitudes than ever before....Here's a link.

www.wired.com...

YES THAT'S IT!!!!!

It was PITCH black other than that band in the sky. Far past twilight and such. Sun was LONG gone and didn't notice a moon.
edit on 4-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, earthquake lights happen minutes before or after an earthquake sometimes even while the earthquake is in process. might be what you saw was the aurora borealis. They range in a variety of colors here is a picture of a purple one. I live in Alaska and we get them all the time, it happens when the earth gets hits with solar activity. I'm guess we have been getting a lot of solar activity lately.

oh.... yay!! lol..
edit on 4-11-2011 by belastaris5 because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join