It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see "earthquake lights"??? (Atlanta)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I got off work at around 11:15pm and was leaving the downtown Atlanta area headed north on the downtown corridor. Around the fork, where I branched off onto 85N I looked due north and saw a BRIGHT area in the sky, I mean intensely bright, for miles across the horizon. It kinda looked like lighting behind a cloud that had been paused, mid flash. It even kinda resembles the aurora borealis. Unfortunately, I couldn't snap a photo, but I wanna know if anybody might have an idea of what that was. It looked like the various photos of "earthquake lights". And I stared long enough to see that it was most likely not sourced on the ground.
edit on 3-11-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I'm down in savannah, I hope it wasn't earthquake lights. Haven't been living here long but does the southeast usually get earthquakes?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Actually this is odd because a couple of hours ago, here in Athens Ohio, my dog was freaking out so I took her outside to go to the bathroom... she decided NOT to go but sat around and looked around. I looked North East in the sky and saw that the sky was illuminated far brighter than behind me. There was no moon and it did indeed appear to have an aurora borealis look to it. I even brought my wife outside to look... thought I might be seeing things.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Authenticated

I'm down in savannah, I hope it wasn't earthquake lights. Haven't been living here long but does the southeast usually get earthquakes?

I've been here about 9 months so I'm not sure. I know we get hell tornadoes, but I don't believe earthquakes are the norm.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
Actually this is odd because a couple of hours ago, here in Athens Ohio, my dog was freaking out so I took her outside to go to the bathroom... she decided NOT to go but sat around and looked around. I looked North East in the sky and saw that the sky was illuminated far brighter than behind me. There was no moon and it did indeed appear to have an aurora borealis look to it. I even brought my wife outside to look... thought I might be seeing things.

The brightness was amazing. I pointed it out to my friend who was riding with me. It was very faint in color, but almost a lavender color. weird...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There is another new thread here about a large solar flare. But I don't know enough of what they are talking about to know if it already hit earth and could have made that light show you saw. You are pretty far south to be seeing an aurora, but maybe it is possible. I sure hope it isn't earthquake lights. Nobody needs a quake. We all got enough on our plates with harsh weather, we don't need any shaking to go along with it all. What time of the day did you see the lights? Had the sun already set by then?
edit on 3-11-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typo

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

It was because of my geographic position that I skipped over aurora and went straight to earthquake lights. It also wasn't flashing, or flowing like the aurora seem to be.

It was about 11:15pm. I'll add this to the OP

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Did you see anything like this..take a look at these light in the sky before a earthquake.........www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We don't get a lot in this area by any means, but we did have one about 6 years ago up here in N. GA. All the appalacians are on old faults, so they are there, just not real active.

That one was the first I ever felt here- it was about 3.8 or 4.0 or something like that. I don't think it was felt in Atlanta though.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

For me it was about... 11:00 pm here... maybe 11:15? It was as though it had a very very very faint green tinge to it? I couldn't tell though... it was definitely not the moon and wasn't any artificial light source....
edit on 3-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Well, it was nighttime, and pretty dark. Also the hue on those clouds(?) was multi colored. The hue on this one was very faint, but had a hint of purple, resembling lavender. It was bright, but not full of color.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by eeks4

Well, it was nighttime, and pretty dark. Also the hue on those clouds(?) was multi colored. The hue on this one was very faint, but had a hint of purple, resembling lavender. It was bright, but not full of color.

Here are some more pictures i hope the link works..ill check it..take a look and see if it is close to what you have seen.......www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&biw=1024&bih =629&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=CmezTqX7FqjH0AHF9fHABA&ved=0CB0QsAQ

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

So yea, about the time I saw it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It could be HAARP or 'earthquake lights' that's wierd. Is it coming from the east? Can you take and post a photo or vid??

I looked up Atlanta and you have a storm cell to your east. Here's a pic from 2 minutes ago:

If the image doesn't work for some reason, go check Intellicast

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I knew I wasn't out of my mind lol. Well... what does this mean? could be nothing or a precursor to something bigger? 0_o I am not an earthquake expert.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

How would I be seeing this from the North East then? BTW it appears to be gone now? is that normal? still a dimmish light but nothing like earlier.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

So it is possible then right? A strong enough quake in the mountains could be felt here yea? Not to mention the lights were due north, so toward the mountains.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yes the storm moved out before I saw it. The storm went east, but the lights were north, directly north. The downtown corridor, before it splits off heads due north, and that's when I first noticed it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

no I don't think thats normal

hope someone got a video!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I actually wanted to take a photo or picture but didn't think it was worth even snapping as my phone does poorly even in low light conditions... this is why I need a nice camera >.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join