It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Rumbling Sound Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I Think i have heard this myself i live in a small town but my house is back in the wood's.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Heres a crazy question.. Is it possible that the approach of YU55 is making this noise? Cosmically speaking it is going to be a "close" object. Just a thought that popped into my mind yesterday.

If anyone can explain or shut that theory down, please do so
Thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Heres a crazy question.. Is it possible that the approach of YU55 is making this noise? Cosmically speaking it is going to be a "close" object. Just a thought that popped into my mind yesterday.

Thanks

I thought that might have been it too, but according to Eyes on the Solar System 2005 YU55 is about 4 million miles away from Earth and counting down. I think sound takes 5 seconds to travel a mile, so that would take roughly 9 days before you could hear any noise from it. And it's only 400m wide, so I'm leaning towards it isn't YU55 causing these weird noises...yet. But I didn't account for the speed that it's traveling or the fact that it's in space, so I could be wrong—I'm no scientist!

But it looks like these rumblings have been going on for a couple of years, possibly HAARP activity heating up the ionosphere?

This one sounds like a war drum beating or something, but apparently it was before an earthquake in Colorado:

Nonetheless, weird stuff! I'd like a proper explanation for all of these noises.
edit on 2-11-2011 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

I live in Oklahoma too (Fort Sill area). We've been hearing the same thing. On top of the noises you describe, we've been hearing booms. Fort Sill is an artillery base, and anybody here can identify artillery explosions- in fact, most of us don't really notice when they go off anymore. These booms are different. They are much louder and their rumbling lasts 10 seconds each.

So, you're not alone in hearing this stuff. I'm not too sure I think it's aliens, however.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

Thanks

happy to oblige. i don't mean to shut you down, but for starters;
- YU55 is a chunk of rock/ice/etc. these are not known for their properties of noise generation.
- especially when said chunk of ice/rock/wtvr is travelling through the vacuum of space.
- the sound comes and goes, seemingly randomly around the world. if somehow YU55 is responsible [say if it's actually a giant space-borne stereo and we just haven't realised] it should be getting louder at a steady pace, equally across the world.

nice guess, and i like the oblique approach, but i think we must look for the culprit in something
currently on earth.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

best way i can describe this sound is as if though an airplane is "stuck or frozen in mid air"

recently im starting to believe that it might be some government "invisibillity" or "cloaking" project.

definatley something is there, that we CANT see, but we can hear it.

a cloaked aircraft is as close as i can get to describing this phenomenon

also i live in florida, about 5 miles away from the airport, i know what a passing airplane sounds like, and this "rumbling" doesnt even come close!...it cant be compared or described as anything else, it sounds gigantic, like i said the closest i can come to describing it is as an airplane frozen in midflight....usually the rumble lasts a full 3-4 minutes constatntly without pause

edit on 2-11-2011 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I heard this soud for several weeks, many times a day! But now it's stopped. It was very fascinating. I really enjoyed getting a chance to hear it. I think it's fascinating. I advise sceptics to research the subject, it is indeed well documented. Several thousand videos of the phenonoma has been uploaded.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Your vid sounds almost EXACTLY like trains when they link up/start/stop etc. The delay between sounds is also consistent with what I know trains to sound like when this occurs as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For what this may be worth to anyone, I live in Upstate New York. Along the shore of Lake Ontario. A couple of times a year our town pulls out this insane machine which apparently pumps pressurized air into certain sections of the local sewer system, presumable to help clear it. It looks like a large dump truck with something like a huge jet engine on it. When it runs, it is loud as hell and sounds like what you would expect a jet engine might sound like up close and personal. It can run for up to 20 minutes at a time. It can scare the daylights out of a little kid and you can hear the thing for many a mile.They usually only bring it out after dark for some reason.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
I am yet to hear this strange noise but I'm certainly fascinated in it.

Strangest I've heard yet.

If that is real that is one creepy ass sound. To me it resembles Whales communicating underwater? Good post.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The sound in that video is definetly fake.I can tell.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

The thing is I live by a single line track and during this noise..a train went by full speed..45mph. How do you explain that..how could we be hearing the noise and on the single line track hear a train go by full speed?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
anybody else think it sounds like a pulse detonation engine?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TolanIsMaximus
reply to post by Neopan100

Your vid sounds almost EXACTLY like trains when they link up/start/stop etc. The delay between sounds is also consistent with what I know trains to sound like when this occurs as well.

I thought it might be trains as well. I used to live next to a train yard in Richmond, va and the long trains would sound a little like that when they started pulling a mile of train cars

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DS140793
anybody else think it sounds like a pulse detonation engine?

There's an interesting thought.....us or the ET's.....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What you heard was low frequency infrasonic wave's caused by the tectonic plates movement.It can have adverse effects on humans,depression,anxiety,poor ability to concentrate,etc.... Pole shift soon to come.It's occured 3 times in recorded Earth history.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I give up...I don't think anyone is reading or comprehending what I am saying.

I honestly do not believe it was a train. I live on very flat area, next a few blocks from the SINGLE track. There is no way a train could link up with another on that track at that time..I know this because the train went by as the noise was going on. the noise continued after the train went by. The train went by at full speed...it passed and the noise was still there.

So on a single line track(FOR MILES) how is a train passing at FULL speed and supposedly linking up and we are still hearing the noise after the train passes??? Maybe I should google map the line so you can see there are NO other tracks near it. Plus this noise was NOT on the ground..I swear it was from above not from ground level. It came in intervals of around every 5 to 10 minutes for around 45 min. It shook our home..we have lived here for 12 years and have NEVER heard anything like this coming from the trains

People heard this from up to 4 miles away--

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I thought that might have been it too, but according to Eyes on the Solar System 2005 YU55 is about 4 million miles away from Earth and counting down. I think sound takes 5 seconds to travel a mile, so that would take roughly 9 days before you could hear any noise from it.
reply to post by duhdiggitydan

Dude are you serious?

Do you know space is a vacuum?

edit on 2-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It depends if you've lived with teenagers. This is a pure comedy, or rather, parody of the REAL phenomenon. Did someone shove a cow in a sewer outlet or something? in comes the YT fakers galore, with the millions of dedicated YT gullible.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

It depends if you've lived with teenagers. This is a pure comedy, or rather, parody of the REAL phenomenon. Did someone shove a cow in a sewer outlet or something? in comes the YT fakers galore, with the millions of dedicated YT gullible.

I cant find the video right now but another member posted a video of a guy in a tunnel with a flex tube (called a "bull" somthing) and when he spins it, it makes this EXACT noise. I call BS on this one, sorry sounds fake fake fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join