It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is already well known that around 95% of UFO sightings can be explained as commonplace things, and the remaining 5% are still mysteries that don't seem to fit any conventional explanation. Is it too much of a stretch to suggest the same might be true for alien abductions?

That said, I think this study is very clever and a good idea. I have had many hallucinations during moments when I was half-asleep myself, and if I hadn't been careful to study them and the circumstances surrounding them I might have been convinced that I was seeing alien technology, too. So I can definitely see lucid dreaming as a cause for "alien abduction" scenarios. People are often too quick to underestimate the power of our own imaginations, especially in the state of altered perception that occurs near sleep.

But what bothers me about this study is that it -seems- to be suggesting that this could be a possible explanation for ALL alien abduction reports and even all UFO sightings. Sorry, but the lucid dreaming theory doesn't fly very far when you start dealing with daytime sightings, or UFO's that are seen by multiple reliable witnesses at the same time, with each witness providing the same descriptions and characteristics.

It's a good study and I'm glad somebody's doing it. This is one more step toward putting these strange sightings into perspective. But it is NOT, and can never be, the Holy Grail explanation to discredit all future reports.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If this is true, how do we explain abductions that have more than one person experiencing abductions at the same time?
This video has two guys claiming they were abducted, and that they are still being abducted. There were three of them, but one has since died from cancer. I do know that after watching this video, camping wont be the same ever again LOL!

youtu.be...
edit on 2-2-2012 by Aylien because: the video link didnt work

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Don't Shoot the Messenger!

Researchers say they have conducted "the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind."

In a sleep study by the Out-Of-Body Experience Research Center in Los Angeles, 20 volunteers were instructed to perform a series of mental steps upon waking up or becoming lucid during the night that might lead them to have out-of-body experiences culminating in encounters with aliens.

Article Link

So if you do the identical experiment, only exchanging "alien abduction" with "bear encounter", would the positive affirmation that research subjects were able to dream of bear encounters lead to the conclusion that "bear encounters are just a product of the human mind"????

Sorry, but I have to take issue with a lot of the methodology and underlying assumptions of this "research project".

I think it might have some value within the study of dreams, but it has little value outside that particular field.
And yes, I think that lots of "alien abduction experiences" may just be ordinary dreams, lucid dreams or may involve hallucinations associated with "sleep paralysis".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Bevore i start, sorry for my bad english
)

The abduction phenomena yeahhh i dont know.. I think the most people that have these experiencesndeed have dreams, physical problems, or take mushrooms, lsd or other drugs.

There is 0 proof that people are abducted...

Implants: that have metals from earth

True that people made strange drawings in caves in the stoneage of beings etc... but also in that age .. medicin docters (Shamans)and plants that could turn your brains into mush

and who says people in those times did not have a fantasy or a big emagination...

Why isnt it.. that people that are abducted espacialy the famous cases that are abducted multiple times
dont implant a chip or tracing device, so if they are abducted there is proof....

its only stories stories, that i must say sound Great... but have 0 % proof..

in the begining of the abduction phenomena the beings looked diffrent... no they all look grey or reptoid..
i think the goverment especialy of U.S. is making all this stuff up to hide secret projects....

Aliens excist in the galaxy.... but there are no races that have the technology to travel among the starts...
even if we have anti gravity like people claim... that gives us not the power to reach the speed of light.... its al theorys reverse enginerig etc wahahahah...
i swear if you visit a psycward you will hear a lott of storys there...
and i know there are cases of people that are normale and smart, with normal jobs.. but mabey they are looking for fame or atention... to talk in a group in a circel...

Green man that have sex with woman PLeasseeeee
Pregnant woman with removed zygotes whahahaha its a crazy WORLD :=)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Alien abductions are dreams, but not as described here. They are actually deep-seeded flashback dreams stemming from early life (first year). Babies see things in a blurry manner, and their eyes are more sensitive to light (why mommy looks like a grey bathed in light and why daddy looks like a reptilian). Babies are typically carried into the room/to the changing table habitually, which is what causes the memories to stick (the repetition).

Lifted up and taken == picked up by mom and dad
Feelings of anxiety/fear == emotions experienced during that period of life during changings
Anal probing == butt paste/A+D ointment

You're welcome!

edit on 11/1/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

Never thought about that in that manner... Akuma you hit the nail..... i think this it it
where did you get this idea from ?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah, because people always have vivid dreams while driving down the raod

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Yeah, because people always have vivid dreams while driving down the raod

People use subtances while the drive right ? alchohol drugs etc.......

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I have had first-hand experience with this. I am more likely to believe that it is a variation of HSP [Hallucinogenic Sleep Paralysis] than a teachable waking technique. There has been some research in the area of magnetically-induced Alien abduction type experiences which, again, are not the result of a teachable technique. In both cases the symptoms were very similar, with the exception of the paralysis aspect. Modern instances of HSP are more likely to be compared to an Alien abduction due to the influence of pop culture whereas historically they would be associated with spiritual beliefs and folklore.

All that being said, there is still some doubt in my mind. I never experienced anything like it before or since.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
vivid dreams dont leave material chips in side your body...lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
meaning vivid dreams dont leave implants inside your body....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The whole topic is wrong, because of the fact that most abductees do not go public. Why do they not go public? Because they don't dream anything that happened, they don't even have memory of what happened. They just have strange marks on their bodies.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crystalclearz

Alien abductions are dreams, but not as described here. They are actually deep-seeded flashback dreams stemming from early life (first year). Babies see things in a blurry manner, and their eyes are more sensitive to light (why mommy looks like a grey bathed in light and why daddy looks like a reptilian). Babies are typically carried into the room/to the changing table habitually, which is what causes the memories to stick (the repetition).

Feelings of anxiety/fear == emotions experienced during that period of life during changings

You're welcome!

Never thought about that in that manner... Akuma you hit the nail..... i think this it it
where did you get this idea from ?

Just some creative thinking. :-)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
meaning vivid dreams dont leave implants inside your body....

The so called implants....

are from earth....

there is not 1 implant case where there is proof that they are from another planet

:0)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You're welcome!

My goodness, that actually makes a lot of sense except for one part I want clarified:

I understand the "light makes mom look like a gray," but why does light make dad look like a reptillian?

edit on 2/8/2012 by Jabronie because: to clarifiy

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To scientists ET abductions cannot exist in their definition of the 'natural world'. So they base their experiments on factors & variables that eliminate ET as a possibility to begin with. Therefore studies like this aren't valid due to a fundamental bias that excludes any other conclusion that isn't in line with science's 'natural world', hence why the paradoxical term 'paranormal' is frequently used in describing UFOlogy, metaphysics & spiritual studies.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Crystalclearz

doesnt mean anything...if there from earth or not...i know i wouldn't put implants in my body....so i dont expect all others would...so saying again vivid dreams dont leave implants..lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join