It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daaaaawg I have lost my job.......!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You know guys, looking at all these teaching abroad jobs... you have to pay fees just to register... are they cons?!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What works well here in the states, look for cash jobs while collecting! Some of it depends on your skills and available jobs.The UK maybe be different than the U.S., I can usually find moving jobs, tree and lawn care work, help out someone skilled in a trade as a laborer. Mason,roofer, carpenter, electrical, plumber in your local area.

The labor will be strenuous, but you will also gain valuable job skills starting as laborer.Say you end up with a mason, if you prove yourself, he will undoubtedly start teaching you the trade.
Best of Luck.

At the very least, you will learn a basic trade to aid you in your future to resolve your own home problems, like basic leaks and electrical. Saves you much money doing it yourself.
edit on 11/1/2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat...It was due to my own # up, though. I have no one but myself to blame

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudes. It's bad. = ( = )

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have sympathy, I lost my job in january and havent worked since then

I have applied for countless jobs, but I dont even get a reply - except for maybe two who replied to say 'no'. I have worked for the majority of my adult life so not having a job is alien to me. It's soul-destroying when potential employers can't even be bothered to reply.

I can't afford to go out so I don't have a social life. I don't have the money to even eat properly - I feel so depressed, worthless.

Now I understand why some people decide that enough is enough, and 'check out' of this life ... .

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

There are plenty of teaching jobs around but you have to dig a little bit sometimes. Not really necessary to use the sites that want a fee. They often source their material from free sites to begin with. (Follow up on the link I posted in my previous post and see what's there under the general job classifieds rather than the bigger, "glossy" ads that are from agencies.)

And no worries about having a few drinks. Know the feeling after becoming unemployed. Been there done that...

Mike

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

On the contrary, trashmen are highly paid over here in the UK, £11.00 an hour or abouts. I wouldn't knock that career choice.

Here in Erewash (Notts/Derby) the council uses agency workers and pays minimum wage for dustbin men.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

I have applied for countless jobs, but I dont even get a reply - except for maybe two who replied to say 'no'. I have worked for the majority of my adult life so not having a job is alien to me. It's soul-destroying when potential employers can't even be bothered to reply.

I can't afford to go out so I don't have a social life. I don't have the money to even eat properly - I feel so depressed, worthless.

Now I understand why some people decide that enough is enough, and 'check out' of this life ... .

Hey! Thanks for the sympathy lol you must feel low since January... I'm praying I am not in your position although sub-conciously I feel it may happen to my also! (Keeping really positive though! You not being able to afford a social life is really sad =' ( Don't be depressed =' ( You may be jobless but at least your trying! Your hoping for the best and everyone here including myself understands there is no one better than you or I in this world! = ) chin up =' ) I'd give you a gay hug right now haha

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by Kostas

There are plenty of teaching jobs around but you have to dig a little bit sometimes. Not really necessary to use the sites that want a fee. They often source their material from free sites to begin with. (Follow up on the link I posted in my previous post and see what's there under the general job classifieds rather than the bigger, "glossy" ads that are from agencies.)

And no worries about having a few drinks. Know the feeling after becoming unemployed. Been there done that...

Mike

Hey Mike tomorrow I will follow up that link and I'll email you with the outcome along with others on here! Not worth it now, although I am not pie eyed I have had a few haha. Thanks for taking the time to reply though! Appreciated!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kostas

Someone mentioned ebay which is a great thing to do if you have time on your hands, it really is amazing what some people will buy. My parents have just got into it this month and have already made over a grand, selling anything and everything. My dad sold a box for a watch for £50. Old mobile phones games machines, anything really.

Once you have made a little money invest in things to sell or offer your services to help others sell their stuff, taking a cut for yourself.

You are now time rich, cash poor, you need to target those who are cash rich, time poor.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not sure where you are in the UK but I found this site:

Directory of job boards & recruitment agencies in London

Also a very good resource for at least work to maintain some form of livelihood can be found with temp to perm agencies. The position I hold requires us to utilize "temp" employees quite often. The plus is that they are usually pre-screened and tested to meet the job requirements. Most often, we hire these temp employees full time, others we let go because they don't make it per se.

Nonetheless, perhaps a google search of temp to perm agencies as well as recruitment sites might be a direction to head in. Most times temp to perm agencies can have you working the very next day if you're qualified enough and there are available positions.

Just some added alternatives to consider. Good Luck and keep a positive outlook, things will get better!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Even though I am tonight getting drunk on my own and feeling sorry for myself, I have realised why I joined this sight!! Your all so inspirational and full of useful ideas which really makes me feel positive about tomorrow re-reading the thread and using the suggestions! Thanks again to EVERYONE! Your not judgemental and you can obviously see the future is bright for anyone with inspiration! THANKYOU! INFACT ID GIVE Y'ALL A GAY HUG!!!

Thanks!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kostas

Hey! Thanks for the sympathy lol you must feel low since January... I'm praying I am not in your position although sub-conciously I feel it may happen to my also! (Keeping really positive though! You not being able to afford a social life is really sad =' ( Don't be depressed =' ( You may be jobless but at least your trying! Your hoping for the best and everyone here including myself understands there is no one better than you or I in this world! = ) chin up =' ) I'd give you a gay hug right now haha
haha I'd love a gay hug right now actually.

I'm sorry for being so down on your thread, I don't have many 'down' days but today is a down day. Things might not always be this bad, I might get offered a job tomorrow.

Good luck with your job-hunt my friend, I hope you won't be too long out of work

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The thing that touched me the most was you and your social and feeling generally down about not having a job. You dont have a job but that wont be forever (as long as you fit to work) it will change. Just look forward. You could be out of work for another few months... but whilst your out of work your applying and you have the full ability to work... someone is more likely to hire you over someone who is blind (don't chastise me) all I am saying is there is a reason to be positive! The more able you are the more chances there are! Qualifications means jack sh*t. All my life I have been taught Business Business Business without the practicle skills... your worth jack.

I hope you do get offered that job, I really do =)

I'm sorry for being so down on your thread, I don't have many 'down' days but today is a down day. Things might not always be this bad, I might get offered a job tomorrow.

Good luck with your job-hunt my friend, I hope you won't be too long out of work

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The thing that touched me the most was you and your social and feeling generally down about not having a job. You dont have a job but that wont be forever (as long as you fit to work) it will change. Just look forward. You could be out of work for another few months... but whilst your out of work your applying and you have the full ability to work... someone is more likely to hire you over someone who is blind (don't chastise me) all I am saying is there is a reason to be positive! The more able you are the more chances there are! Qualifications means jack sh*t. All my life I have been taught Business Business Business without the practicle skills... your worth jack.

Chin up fella, your still a man no matter what your circumstances, the girls neeeeeed ya ; ) In more ways than one!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Try checking out: "doody calls"... a pet-fecal-retrieval service... they are always looking for motivated people to pick up doggy doo...
I'm serious,... I have alot of respect for those guys...they make the job respectable...and it is definitely a needed service...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

he thing that touched me the most was you and your social and feeling generally down about not having a job. You dont have a job but that wont be forever (as long as you fit to work) it will change. Just look forward. You could be out of work for another few months... but whilst your out of work your applying and you have the full ability to work... someone is more likely to hire you over someone who is blind (don't chastise me) all I am saying is there is a reason to be positive! The more able you are the more chances there are! Qualifications means jack sh*t. All my life I have been taught Business Business Business without the practicle skills... your worth jack.

Chin up fella, your still a man no matter what your circumstances, the girls neeeeeed ya ; ) In more ways than one!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

If your taking the biscuit, I don;t really find it funny.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Please claim your unemployment.

If you didn't know, wages have been and are suppressed because employers also pay unemployment premiums. A portion of the money that would have gone to you is paid for unemployment insurance. You have already earned the money.

Please claim it.

Good luck with your job search.
edit on 1-11-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join