It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trick or Treat??? How about some good Trick stories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think it's kinda funny that kids always say "Trick or Treat" on Halloween here in the USA.
As far as I know, most everyone just hands the kids bunches of candy and says "Don't you look cute!"

Where are the Tricks in this whole deal? I am so broke that I can't even buy food for my dog, much less candy for the neighbor kids! If only I knew a card trick or something!

So is there anyone here that can offer up a "Trick" VS "Treat" as means to satisfy these pre-diabetic monsters?

I'm looking for last minute solutions for tonight and I'm planning for next year, so any advice would be appreciated!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When I was a kid my Mum dressed me up as a mummy by making strips of a white sheet and basically wrapping me up from head to toe, I couldnt walk very fast and we started knocking on doors.
We went to one house and a lady answered and we said "trick or treat" she said "well I have a trick for you!" the upstairs window opened and I looked up to see a girl tipping a big bucket over, my mate's ran off but due to my costume I couldn't run......The bucket contained rotten eggs, sour milk and god knows what else...some went in my mouth
So the trick was played on us lol.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I think the trick or treat line means that if you don't give them a treat..they will play a trick on you..

Thats how we were explained what it meant as a child..

But hey.. it would be hilarious if you said.. ". I choose trick."...after they chant the line.. and pull out the cards..

Would make you stick out in my mind as a kid..

but.. be careful of the "tricks" they may play on you..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
When I was a kid my Mum dressed me up as a mummy by making strips of a white sheet and basically wrapping me up from head to toe, I couldnt walk very fast and we started knocking on doors.
We went to one house and a lady answered and we said "trick or treat" she said "well I have a trick for you!" the upstairs window opened and I looked up to see a girl tipping a big bucket over, my mate's ran off but due to my costume I couldn't run......The bucket contained rotten eggs, sour milk and god knows what else...some went in my mouth
So the trick was played on us lol.

... wow.... what a mean lady... is that even legal? ewwww

edit on 31-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Mean woman, she obviously had a rough one last year.
I didn't see a single trick or treater this year, maybe due to my work schedule and the fact the parents take their kids T+T''ing either days early or very early on Halloween night.
They can't take the abuse they get from the older kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well this one still makes me relive my trick guilt over and over again every bloody Halloween.

When I was 12 a friend of mine got a hold of bangers and a cans of worms. If anyone doesn't know what these are, basically they are miniaturised versions of dynamite! When they go BANG! you hear and feel it.

Anyway, there was this mean old fart who lived in the same street. We went about our usual business, knocking on doors, getting goodies and some not-so-good goodies. Then we came to his door. We knocked. He opened and squirted water (at least I hope it was) at us from a water pistol.

So we took one of these cans of worms. Placed it on his doorstep. Pressed the doorbell again. Stuck a banger in the middle, lit it and ran as fast as we could. Next thing we hear as we ran down the alley was the BANG! and then a lot of obsanities soon after.

Next morning I looked out my window and he was still scrubbing worms entrails from the door... And window. But it was funny as hell at the time.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Xcellante because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I used to dress up as a scarecrow with a wool bag mask, and pretend to be a decorative mannequin in the yard scaring kids every so often by getting up to stretch. After the first Halloween of doing this I noticed that the very little kids would always somehow know that I was in there, and would look in my direction long after passing. So the next year I just waited for the right moments, and lift my head, and look right at the kid, and shake my head. This was followed by "dad the thing moved," when dad looked backed I would be back in the original position. Repeated that twice, and then on the third time would get up, and start walking behind them, usually scaring the bejeezus out of the parents as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

That is excellent spooking..

those are the harmless type of things that make great Halloween memories when you look back at them .. way more than the candy..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well in my younger days I was quite the mischievous type. One year we got a new neighbor that hated me and my bunch so on halloween we went up and did the hole trick or treat thing to her and got zero I mean "NO CANDY" we were ticked. So I went home and made what we call a dumb bull (a wash tub with a hole in the center with a cotton rope through the hole then rub bee's wax one the rope then take the rope and hang from something me a tree limb right next to the house wet your hands and pull on the rope with a tight grip it will make a loud moan) I placed a ton of dried briers on the front and back porch that way when she came out I had her both ways. About 2am I started pulling on the dumb bull and the sound echoed across the country side. About that time the porch light came on and she came out the door at full boar barefooted and in her moo moo she hit the briers and started hopping around and screaming then she fell in all those briers. Ah the good ole days

I would say TPing someones yard but we do that for any occasion

edit on 31-10-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I live where no kids come to visit for Halloween. So, we always go to my sister's house in town. She loves Halloween and sets up all sorts of ghoulish things for decorations. There's a big tree in her front yard and she uses fishing rods and lines to hang sheets and bats and such things from, so when people beging to walk up her sidewalk to her front porch, she lets these things drop and it scares the bejeebus out of kids and sometimes, even parents.

One time I did live in town and I had a mechanics jump suit from when I was in the army, and I would stuff it with towels and rags, and had a gorilla's head attached to it. I had it rigged up with a rope and a pulley, and when people came to my front door, I would let it drop in front of them and believe me, it did startle everyone. After Halloween that year, I put the "gorilla" in the passengers seat of my car and drove to work and school for about 2 months with the thing in there. Just for jollys.

When I was a kid, though, my kids and I would take bars of soap with us, and when we came to a house where we knew the people were home, but stingy, lol, and not answer the door and hand out candy, we would write BOOOOO on their front windows.

Oh, yeah, One time I spent Halloween night hanging from a tree, with a rope attached to me, looking like a hanged man. When kids would get close to me, I would moan and movfe my arms and legs. I think that was pretty spooky for them, because I heard quite a few shrieks.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ha ha, mine was when I was around 10yo.

We live in Oz, where Halloween wasn't very celebrated in those days.
Anyhow a bunch of us kids were taking turns to knock on doors.
My turn, saw a nice man (Who seemed like he had just got back from a lengthy session at the pub!),
say "Oh, Halloween! Ok sweetie, wait right there!'
Yelling to his wife, "Honey ,its Halloween, what treat have we got for this sweet girl?"
After a few moments he returned with a 'present' nicely wrapped in newspaper, saying "Now promise me you wont open this till you get home"
"Ok" I promised, as he was so nice.
I get back to the gang who were "Whadja get?? Whadja get?? Open it Open it!!"
Feeling terrible for breaking my word to this nice man, I gave into peer pressure & opened it.

Inside ,was what was left of the bone from his T-bone steak dinner....

>.

new topics

top topics

join