It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why again do they want intercontinental?
Aren't most of their enemies in the same neighborhood?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
two words. samson option.

en.wikipedia.org...

they've got hundreds of thermonuclear weapons, each in multiple-megaton range. extending the range of jericho 3 missiles to 5000 miles or more means that if attacked with nuclear weapons, israel will of course go down, but they'll take half of the world with them - and that means by direct hits. you can only imagine the results such war would bring to the planet.

who knows, perhaps they want to extend the range of their missiles even further than the distance mentioned in that article, effectively having white house on their potential hit list? just read that wikipedia article:

We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.

they believe they are destined to bring the wrath of god to this planet - and sadly, nothing can stop them. it's too late, they're certified insane. sooner or later, someone will hit them - they're too much of a bully in the middle east and if someone thinks they're looking for peace, he's naive. they're doing their best to provoke the war that will take them down, so that they can push the button and take everyone else with them, fullfilling the prophecy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
also, something stinks here.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to an official report which was submitted to the American congress in 2004, it may be that with a payload of 1,000 kg the Jericho III gives Israel nuclear strike capabilities within the entire Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and almost all parts of North America, as well as within large parts of South America and North Oceania.

almost - now you know what 'extend' means
5000 miles? yeah, sure, and pigs fly.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Ehhhm. Well, i am an Israeli. I totally agree that nukes are a must in order to insure existence of Israel, but what the hell is the reason to get transcontinental delivery systems????
I seriously do not get it. Better delivery systems - yes. Better depots - yes. Higher payload - well, maybe. Range??? Why? What existential threat is there on other continents? Polar bears?
¥I wonder the same thing.Probably Russia/China.Maybe N.Korea,Venuzuela(iran allies).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Ehhhm. Well, i am an Israeli. I totally agree that nukes are a must in order to insure existence of Israel, but what the hell is the reason to get transcontinental delivery systems????

In order to shoot down Iranian ballistic missiles of course. That's the same excuse that the US claims while deploying ABM batteries all around Russia. Same sh*t, different pile.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It was Golda Meyer when she was Prime Minister of Israel who either on video or it was reported when she was being interviewed, made the comment in essence that if Israel failed they would take down the rest of the world with her. I suspect Netanyahu is acutely aware that most of the world has had quite enough of him and his religio/political aspirations. No other people have that mentality which makes this one group, made up as it is with a smaller percentage living in Israel as compared to its larger percentage of people living all around the world.
The Jewish people, however delightful most are, are a minority people with a minority religion that is dictating to the world. 22,000,000 dictate to billions. Perhaps its time for the nuclear drip feed from all other countries to start to dry-up. Too dangerous is simply too dangerous. Politics is one thing, but Paranoia is not the quality you want to see within a party engaged in acquiring and upgrading nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yet the world fears Iran

Wow.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I seriously do not get it. Better delivery systems - yes. Better depots - yes. Higher payload - well, maybe. Range???

Who ever said higher payloads like most of the nuclear powers they likely are going for smaller payloads that are very accurate.

Even 20 years ago most nuclear weapons only could hit within 100s of feet of the target.
now they can hit within 20 feet of there target.

This means that they don't have to be high yield to destroy the target.

This also means that you could take apart 1 high yield weapon and from the nuclear pit make 2 or more low yield weapons.

Add to that we don't even know if Israel has hydrogen weapons then they may be able to take there old 1 high yield weapon and turn in into 5 or 6 low yield hydrogen weapons that can hit a target with high precision.

The US has 1/2 kt weapons that work and 1/2 kt weapon is big enough to ignite a hydrogen secondary giving a dialable yield weapon of from 5 kt to 150 kt

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Im getting sick to the stomach reading this crap. Hypocrisy in its highest form. These people are the true definition of terrorists. And the saddest thing about this, is that people in general dont raise there eyebrows when reading about stuff like this. The American and Israeli propaganda is deep attached in peoples mind, thanks to the jew media that has infested a large part of the world. People should be more concerned of these zionist pigs than Ahmednidjad and "al-qaida".

Hate to say this, but mankind is doomed to fail.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientHerbalist
Im getting sick to the stomach reading this crap. Hypocrisy in its highest form. These people are the true definition of terrorists. And the saddest thing about this, is that people in general dont raise there eyebrows when reading about stuff like this. The American and Israeli propaganda is deep attached in peoples mind, thanks to the jew media that has infested a large part of the world. People should be more concerned of these zionist pigs than Ahmednidjad and "al-qaida".

Hmmm, Jew media? Zionist Pigs? Just say it you hate Jews!

Now, let me ask you this, why is no one making a big deal of the UK upgrading their nuclear weapons? Why is no one making a bid deal about the US upgrading theirs (constantly)? These two countries are involved in more wars that Israel and have caused more misery worldwide than Israel, and that's coming from someone who is a proud Brit!

The US is the ONLY country I know who has used nuclear weapons to my knowledge, despite much provocation Israel has never used a nuclear device! They have nuclear weapons and it is only sensible to upgrade them rather than let them fall into a state of disrepair, where they become dangerous similar to what has happened in old Soviet states.

I dream of a world where NO ONE has these terrible weapons, but with or without them I prefer a world where we all live in peace and harmony. We can only hope and pray.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nuclear weapons are not a threat to world peace, rather they assure that no WW style large-scale conflicts beyond localised proxy wars will happen again. I am sure every other nuclear power sometimes upgrades its arsenal, too.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that Israel may be bluffing?

Stranger things have happened.

Maybe they don't actually have nukes at all.

Perhaps they rely on conjecture and fear along with support from the USA/UK and other sources.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So what if a nuke can hit its target within 100 feet or 20 feet? With a nuke its a moot point!!

Originally posted by ANNED

I seriously do not get it. Better delivery systems - yes. Better depots - yes. Higher payload - well, maybe. Range???

Who ever said higher payloads like most of the nuclear powers they likely are going for smaller payloads that are very accurate.

Even 20 years ago most nuclear weapons only could hit within 100s of feet of the target.
now they can hit within 20 feet of there target.

This means that they don't have to be high yield to destroy the target.

This also means that you could take apart 1 high yield weapon and from the nuclear pit make 2 or more low yield weapons.

Add to that we don't even know if Israel has hydrogen weapons then they may be able to take there old 1 high yield weapon and turn in into 5 or 6 low yield hydrogen weapons that can hit a target with high precision.

The US has 1/2 kt weapons that work and 1/2 kt weapon is big enough to ignite a hydrogen secondary giving a dialable yield weapon of from 5 kt to 150 kt

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

Originally posted by AncientHerbalist

Hmmm, Jew media? Zionist Pigs? Just say it you hate Jews!

Now, let me ask you this, why is no one making a big deal of the UK upgrading their nuclear weapons? Why is no one making a bid deal about the US upgrading theirs (constantly)? These two countries are involved in more wars that Israel and have caused more misery worldwide than Israel, and that's coming from someone who is a proud Brit!

The US is the ONLY country I know who has used nuclear weapons to my knowledge, despite much provocation Israel has never used a nuclear device! They have nuclear weapons and it is only sensible to upgrade them rather than let them fall into a state of disrepair, where they become dangerous similar to what has happened in old Soviet states.

I dream of a world where NO ONE has these terrible weapons, but with or without them I prefer a world where we all live in peace and harmony. We can only hope and pray.

just call us all anti-semitic already.

israel is the only country that has hundreds of thermonuclear weapons, as well as biological and chemical weapons, and doesn't openly admit any of those exist in their arsenal, yet they don't deny it either. that's one thing.

second thing, they aren't upgrading their weapons - those are state of the art technology i presume. they're upgrading their missiles used to deliver such weapons, which aren't too old either - to increase their range, which isn't small at all. either that, or such article is just a provocation so that some people like you can call others that fall into the trap anti-semitic. if you would read my previous posts and especially wikipedia articles linked within, about jericho III missiles as well as samson option, you would know why people are mad because of this.

how many wars iran caused in the past years? compare that to the constant expansion of israel (check how their borders changed since the country was founded and you'll see why arabs hate them so much) and what it caused. sure, US and UK aren't better, but at least they're not openly saying that if anyone will try to take them down, they'll destroy whole world - and that's exactly the stance of israel. their government is insane and if they won't be stopped, they'll destroy most of the life on this planet, while leaving a gift of nuclear winter for the rest.

also, anyone saying that israel has the right to do this or that, please do the following thing:
- check the size of US, amount of their nuclear weapons and their range,
- check the size of UK, amount of their nuclear weapons and their range,
- check the size of israel, amount of their nuclear weapons and their range.

you call that sanity? you're insane then.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I thought all their enemies were regional?..

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't get Israel at all these days. They seem to be evolving backwards. Very 20th Century. The more things change, the more dug in and obstinate they get, like a grumpy old man.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities

www.haaretz.com

Israel is working on improving its nuclear weapons capabilities, according to a report by the independent Trident commission in the United Kingdom that was published in the Guardian newspaper on Monday.

According to the report in the Guardian, Israel is extending the range of its Jericho 3 land-to-land missiles so they will have the capabilities of transcontinental missiles.

According to the report in the Guardian, the world's nuclear states are planning to spend more than $800 billion in the coming years to modernize and upgrade their nuclear arsenals. The United States itself will sp
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wonder who is going to end up paying for this?
Can Israel afford that?!!
edit on 1-11-2011 by WatchRider because: Affording this.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The so called jews which are Khazars (not the Hebrews --tribe of Judah) are likely the most dangerous tribe
in the world today. Natural tyrants they have blood lust and conquest on their minds ALWAYS. Add to that they have gained control of all the western worlds main stream media, many western governments like the US, and publishing and you have a very, very dangerous situation.

Worst thing the US ever did in history was give this criminal warrior tribe nuclear and biological technology, BUT that happened because these peoples infiltrated the US gov't many decades ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

I wonder who is going to end up paying for this?
Can Israel afford that?!!

Why the stupid American goyim taxpayer, that's who.

We give these Khazar criminals at least 30 BILLION a year in military aid alone, this doesn't include other aid which is billions more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join