It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Report: Israel seeking to upgrade its nuclear weapons capabilities

www.haaretz.com

Israel is working on improving its nuclear weapons capabilities, according to a report by the independent Trident commission in the United Kingdom that was published in the Guardian newspaper on Monday.

According to the report in the Guardian, Israel is extending the range of its Jericho 3 land-to-land missiles so they will have the capabilities of transcontinental missiles.

According to the report in the Guardian, the world's nuclear states are planning to spend more than $800 billion in the coming years to modernize and upgrade their nuclear arsenals. The United States itself will sp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well isn't this a comforting bit of news! I don't like any country having nuclear weapons. I really don't like all the nuclear powers upgrading the arsenals. I wish we could just dismantle all the bastards. The idea of MAD isn't particularly comforting to me.

It boggles my mind that Israel has this much power, and it also gives me a great deal of concern. The whole reason just seems bat poo crazy and when you add a few nukes to the fire it just seems dangerous as hell.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So let me see........

Iran: We are building a nuclear energy facility. Yes it could be used for enriching uranium.....but that capability comes with building a nuclear power plant. And you have no right to tell us we can't produce nuclear power. Here Here!

USA/NATO: No.

Israel: We are going to expand our unknown number of nukes abilities by being able to obliterate anyone anywhere. because we will only feel safe when we can kill anyone that opposes us.

USA/NATO: Oh SURE let us help you....wait nonono we will do it for you!

I seriously despise the hypocrisy of our current leaders "elected" officials.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
no money for teachers, nurses, starving children, freezing pensioners, disadvantaged kids, amputee veterans, shelter for the homeless or water for half the worlds population...but still

gotta have them nukes yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

makes ya sick doesn't it. i mean physically sick.

God help us all

stu x

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

To be fair, Iran has (according to the IAEA) failed to demonstrate that they are not seeking to develop nuclear weapons as the Iranians are rather secret. No one is complaining about Iranian attempts over the last few decades to turn on a nuclear power plant.

In addition, and to be fair, if you can show that NATO or the USA is actually supportive of Israeli nuclear weapons programmes you would win an award. In your own words, where is the smoking gun?

To topic. The major nuclear weapons nations need to constantly upgrade their systems. The UK needs to replace Trident, for example. The costs are spread over a large number of years, so not that bad after all.

Regards

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
And not a word of outrage or protest from america and the western countries.. Nor any sanctions against israel... Were it any other country the west would be screaming its head off in protest and slapping them with sanctions.. Gotta love western hypocrisy allowing the genocidal psychopaths israel to upgrade their nuclear weapons capability.
Disgusting...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Tigers: "We will double our efforts at colonizing this land and army while the birds and sheep pay for it. Also we need to upgrade our nuclear weapons"

Mouse: "We are working on a small project for nuclear energy and you can look at anything we do"

Tiger: "Terroristssss!!!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would be comforted a bit more if all nuclear weapons were in the hands of athiests, agnostics, the sane.

They know that we aren't coming back. once you launch it you can say goodbye to any dreams you may still possess.

obliteration weapons should be secular.. IMO.
or non-existant.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
$700 billion for banks: check.
$800 billion for nukes: check.
$670 billion for defence: check.
WW3: check.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Our government certainly has their priorities straight amirite?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
and even worse;

According to the report in the Guardian, the world's nuclear states are planning to spend more than $800 billion in the coming years to modernize and upgrade their nuclear arsenals. The United States itself will spend $700 billion dollars on such projects. Other countries that will reportedly invest in upgrading their nuclear arsenals are Russia, China, Pakistan, India, Israel, France and Britain.

and this from a different article;

Ostensibly, this is an impressive diplomatic achievement, indicating that the international community has rejected the Arab position that Israel is a nuclear power. But it would be a serious mistake to believe that this spells the end of pressure on Israel to become a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Israel is one of only four countries that has not done so, and it will encounter quite heavy pressure in the framework of the commission's activities in the year ahead. Israel must change its nuclear policy

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Israelis are just as fanatical as any other countries in the region, and I wouldn't trust any of them with nuclear weapons. But, then again, I don't trust the US with nukes either. 800B is a LOT of money to be spent on just nuclear weapons, and it really does make me wonder why they believe the cost is justified.

The only thing I can think of is that they plan on using them. Maybe. It was one thing when the US used two nukes during WWII, as all the countries that have them today didn't have them then. It was still wrong imo, but that is a discussion for another day.

At present, if any country decides to use nuclear weapons, the backlash from those actions will be horrendous. Nothing good can come from nuclear weapons. Nothing good at all, despite what the government wants people to believe. People are worried about Iran having nukes, when I'm more worried about countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc. I think the West should just stay out of the Middle East, but that would be impossible with our utter dependence on crude oil.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
$700 billion for banks: check.
$800 billion for nukes: check.
$670 billion for defence: check.
WW3: check.

Cheque please!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ehhhm. Well, i am an Israeli. I totally agree that nukes are a must in order to insure existence of Israel, but what the hell is the reason to get transcontinental delivery systems????
I seriously do not get it. Better delivery systems - yes. Better depots - yes. Higher payload - well, maybe. Range??? Why? What existential threat is there on other continents? Polar bears?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think its time we forgot the individual countries that are drawn into the 'must-have nuclear in our arsenal cupboard' and look at precisely whose determined to get their next range of updated horrors onto the world market and into those cupboards and VIP paid for.

Its protecting the land and especially the people who have to live in the areas where depleted uranium has been delivered by this hidden layer of providers that our attention should be focused on. The cancers and disabilities that new babies are being born with because the parents have been or are exposed to these filthy chemicals. Nuclear weapons and the contamination they create, gets into the water table and it spreads. Never mind who sent it, inevitably with time it will come right back at you.

Our problem is that we seem to have bred a whole load of third rate politicians who have no diplomacy skills whatsoever and prize their own wallets above their job. Their aids, skilled only in treachery and rudeness and are focused on private goals of their own. When you read the ancient Indian literature, it speaks of wars fought on the ground and in the sky. We have odd deposits of 'glass' in the deserts which leaves the possibility that these descriptions are probably true. Its hateful thinking that with booring regularity man has to reinvent the nuclear wheel of ill forture again and possibly again..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well if they decide to turn to the Samson Option of course they are going to need to hit everywhere around the world duhhhhh....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Don't they have American nukes anyway.......

I don't know about you but in my mind nuclear weapons are a defensive weapon.....

You posses them so others wont nuke you.....

Hence the reason why IRAN wants to procure one or two......

I really don't think if the Iranian president had a boatload of nukes just show up out of no where he would immediately blow the crap out of Israel.....

I am pretty sure he likes being ALIVE like the rest of us.....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
good israel needs to defend itself from the primitive muslim fanatics in the middle east (iran, syria etc).

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
US TAXPAYER GIVES FAKE STATE OF ISRAHELL 3 BILLION IN MILITARY AID ALONE EVERY YEAR....SUCKERS!

I'm a US citizen BTW and if it were up to me I would cut ALL aid to this rogue terrorist state.

I'm sick and tired of aiding these zionist criminals.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I worry that in 100 years every country will have a bomb that can wipe out the Earth. Total mutually assured destruction. Perhaps instead of wasting that money perfecting nukes we could all just agree to leave the things wher they stand or dismantle them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join