It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters and semi-automatic weapons!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by cav01c14

I didn't know it was against the law until I called someone. We aren't within city limits, but evidently there's still a law against it. Something to think about before you assume that being beyond city limits means you can do whatever you want.

Well most laws state you must be at least 600 yds from any house. I never stated that it wasnt illegal to do that. Take a hunter safety course and you will learn lots of things.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Ah, More information which now makes the complaint legit. Sounds like you live in my rural, yet urban neighborhood. We get that all the time where I live.

But right across the street, which is another township and county and it's legal to shoot in that particular area. Guns are blazing at all hours...well, from 6am to nightfall (or 10pm if it's a lit range.)

Thank God I get along with my neighbors, otherwise I'd have to drive a hour to shoot.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

I'm not a hunter. I'm not sure why they would knowingly do something like this, unless they think the mud on the road is going to keep the authorities out.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sounds to me like someone has bought a new toy and has just decided to have a little target practice fun with it. For the most part, I don't really see the harm in that unless, as you say, they're too close to other houses while doing it. Otherwise, I really couldn't care less what type of weapon they're using while hunting, either, provided that its powerful enough to reliably kill the animal they're hunting with a single decent shot. If they want to use a semiautomatic to do it, I don't have a problem with that.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Around here it's one family, and the whole community can't stand them. Every hunting season, you honestly could not tell if we're getting invaded or they're just hunting. I've approached the young guys, which are the ones making everyone mad, and they won't speak about it. I've met the older brothers that own the farmland, and they say that they're just having fun and not endangering anyone. They basically surround the housing development on all sides with land and feel like we're more of an obstacle in their hunting, than a community.

If I really wanted to be mean about it, I could tell them to stop trespassing to get their dogs. This year I think I will.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Evolution, just curious, but for someone who has only been registered on ats for 480 hours how is it possible to have started 42 threads and have 900 posts?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Um, I write the threads, I make the posts. It's not hard to do.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you are just trolling. You know a subject like this is going to get people upset and that is the very reason you made this thread in the first place.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d087fe7b679.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10/30/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

My Dad has been a hunter for his entire life, he says hunters like that need to have their gun shoved up their....and learn some responsibility. I guess most of ATS wouldn't agree with that. He is a pretty good archetype for what I think an ATS member is though. I guess I was wrong about that. It's amazing how so many high ideals get shoved down poster's throats here, yet when it comes to real world situations, and not sitting around arguing in the political forum, you all obviously do not agree with them in practice.

All I've heard from the majority so far is, "GIMME MY GUNS YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS!" No one wants your gun, I want you to shoot it like you aren't a danger to others. Residents here have dug bullets out of the side of their homes. These young men are a danger to themselves and others.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Id say, call the cops and whine a bit. If it's a legit call, they will visit them and put a stop to it. If it's their farm land and thye have the right to shoot there, then the cops will tell them that, and they will let you know your options are to ignore it or move. Either way, let the cops handle it. I don't think anyone here can help you.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I called them, they're taking care of it. They'll be back though, they always are.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am sorry I have to ask this but from your wording and sentence structure you sound like a young kid so just how old are you anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
eh i went through a comparable issue(made a thread about it to) but i was the one being complained against for shooting on my land (4.46 acres) and my neighbor kept calling the cops complaining i was shooting (during daylight hours and not on Sunday)more then he liked they came out 3 times each time told me what i was doing was legal and safe (might be different situation then yours in the op)and eventualy stopped responding to him until he moved (no one liked him around here) id just have to say while it looks like your in the right i would not consider threats against a persons animals as a tool to convince these people as from how you describe them they don't seem to "with it" or at least may not give a frack about the law and could consider less then legal forms of vengeance if they find out you purposefully went after their dogs.
sounds like you got mos of it solved with the cops assuming they were in fact breaching the law ( i dont know ur area or its laws but out here im rural so its different for me) just hope you didnt start a feud

as to the gun and type let them hunt with what they want and as long as what their doing is legal i dont see any reason to limit what you can or cant hunt with as long as its humane got enough gun laws allready limit our rights enough as it is good luck with the neighbors!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronfairness

Funny, I know lots of hunters and none of them do that. They are mostly hunting for food, although there's no doubt they enjoy making a clean kill too.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What do some guys shooting shotguns for fun have to do with hunting?

Are you just ticked off at the noise? Go talk to them. Ask them to keep it down. Check the local regs. Often there are distance restrictions and roadway restrictions and a bunch of other things that add up to unlawful discharge.

In very few areas can you wander into the woods and just blast away all day without violating some kind of regulation.

I don't what this has to do with hunting. I spent all day in the back lot firing guns. Didn't have a damn thing to do with hunting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

26, born and raised in the country, I know what a real hunter is. These hoodlums ain't it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I'm not going to hurt their dogs, I love animals. I just said that when season starts and guys with guns and camo start zipping through my yard, I may be less than friendly about it this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

ah my apoligies i had misread your post(was hungry!!) so i do apologize for that ,correct me if im wrong(in montana at least) you have to ask for permission to go through private property to hunt let alone to hunt on some ones land,so if its not public land(ie a public road) i dont understand why they end up going through your property to hunt,and am also confused as if they cant legaly fire guns (due to the proximity to your house) how would they be able to be hunting around your "semi-rural" housing area just wanting clarification thanks !

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Going to shooting range is a must do thing for ethical hunters, as we want to be able to kill our prey with one single shot and instantaneously, to avoid the animal to suffer.

Hunting with semi-auto rifles is a disgusting thing, no ethical and for that motive, where hunt has traditions and values it is also forbidden by law.
As I know in USA is allowed.. but what they know about moral and style?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by KilrathiLG

I don't know about where the OP is but where I am state law permits hunting anywhere that isn't clearly posted otherwise.

Because of this just about every proprty owner along forest and farm land posts their property.

Of coure asking the land owner for permission regardless is the polite and respectful thing to do.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join