It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'High-class terrorists running US, UK and France' — RT

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

right.. nice info, but it still doesnt justify the 1 sided finger poiinting that you and several others have done.

does the Us have problems - absolutely.
does the Us create problems - absolutely
Is the Us the only country to blame and the only country who should be held accountible - Nope.

If you guys want to hold the Us accountible, then start by applying the exact same standard to all countries.

Murder is murder, death is death, war is war, crimes are crimes.

Anything less and the argument becomes less about "justice" and more about political revenge and personal agendas based on a personal opinion instead of facts.

If you want to claim the high road, you better make sure the baggage isnt slowing you down.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Xcathdra

that is all fine and dandy, but you are confusing a history debate with a debate about the actions of the US (and others) right now

Please separate the two
edit on 30-10-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

You cant seperate the 2 since they have a direct impact on each other. When we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it. When we ignore history, we lose the ability to understand why one country / group of people dont like a different country or its people.

Ignoring history is why we are in the position we are in now.

Yes, I agree, but that is not what you are doing, all you are saying is that this happened in history- not that the actions, now, are to be condemned and stopped- a lot of things happened in history, but let's deal with now

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
reply to post by Xcathdra

Have you heard of evidence and speculation? Educated guess? Sometimes this is what we have to go by. I know with you it's always "just the facts ma'am," because you have been trained that way. What do you think the future holds, based on current events, Xcath? You probably wouldn't dare document how you really feel. That would make you too vulnerable. Fire away when ready.
edit on 30-10-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

You are more than welcome to make educated guesses, which by the way are also referred to as a leap of logic. You are free to speculate, whcih we call working theory and well evidence is evidence and can be used in many different ways to either prove, or disprove, that an action occured or if someone is being truthful or lying to us.

Its not just the facts ma'am, so please do not assume what my training and level of experience is. We ask for opinions from people we interview, and we weigh that information carefully before we act on it. If we do act on it, we do our best to verify the validity of that info to head of any challenges that may appear later on down the road.

What do I personally think? i think our country has problems, from the government to law enforcement to the citizens. I think the apathy of the citizens has to stop if they are to get any of the real changes they want that this country needs. I am a proponent of existing inside the "box" of law enforcement to do my job and I dont beleive on trying to make distinctions with civil liberties in order to gain an advantage. I dont see it as being anything but a dishonr to trample over the constitution and laws in order to do my job.

I dont beleive judges should legislate from the bench, and I think those judges who do should be helpd accountible for those actions. I personally feel that having the judiciary interpret a law is an injury to the seperation of powers and to the checks and balances we have in place. If judges have issues with the law, they should file an order having the legislative review it immeditaely to resolve the problem.

I beleive ultimately the job of law enforcement is to protect society, and its societys job to determine the norms. I firmly believe people must educate themsleves and take an active intrest in the government. I firmly beleive their should be a law that makes election days a National holiday to further encourage people to vote.

I beleive businesses should not be allowed to make unlimited anonymous donattions to any political candidate / sitting members. I amf or a law that limits when elected officals are allowed to campaign. I dont know about you but when I vote for president, its for 4 years. Not 18 months and then down time to run for re-election.

I am NOT in favor of term limits, since we already have the ability to fire people. TYerm limit laws to me are designed to do what the people are to lazy to do.

i firmly believe a citizen is the ultimate end to any problems in government. The more we pass laws to account for the people lack of participation, the more we are going to get screwed by the government.

I have seen people go off on me, stating that since im law enforcement, I should be invetigating the President or members of Congress for their actions. Because of that view, im a firm beleiver that whatever the budget for the Department of Defense is, the budget for education should be 3 times that amount. If for no other reason that to educate those people on different levels of government, how it operates, and what their rights are and how they work.

Secondly it drove home my point that people scream for change, yet are so slack jawed howl at the moon lazy, that they bitch for someone else to do THEIR job.

When our government was formed, the question was asked - what type of Government did we get.

the response - A Republic, if they can keep it.

Im not sure why you think I would be afraid to speak my mind on this issue. Being a member of law enforcement doesnt diiminish my ability to speak my mind and disagree with laws and my superiors. The phrase is - There is a time and place.

Ifit ever came down to receving an illegal order, I would refuse the order and head straight to the PA's office to hand deliver my PC statement. If it ended my career as a police officer, then so be it. I would rather go down standing firm on my beleifs than compromise my ethics and oath.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Yes, I agree, but that is not what you are doing, all you are saying is that this happened in history- not that the actions, now, are to be condemned and stopped- a lot of things happened in history, but let's deal with now

Again, you cant seperate the 2.

Example -
what is miranda?
where did it come from?
when is it required?

what is considered protesting?
where did it come from?

How about freedom of press? Where di it come from and wahts the reason behind it? Now, ttake that argument and explain how the pentagon papers fit into it, resulting in prior restraint and the impact on the press.

I agree we must deal with the hear and now, however weve been down this road before at the birth of our country, and prior to that our ancestors fought similar battles before the new world was even discovered.

Why should be ignore history and attempt to reinvent the wheel when we can look at history and use it as our guide. We can go back through US Supreme court decisions going all the way back to their inception and find answers that at the time, werent possible.

At times, its the justices assistant who is researching an upcoming case, when they discover that in the 1940s a dissenting opinion has the answer they are looking for.

Everything we are now, comes from our history, whether its good or bad, it is our history. The more we try to bury it and disassociate from it, the more bogged down we get, because we will be reinventing the wheel constantly.

All the issues we have now, are from our history. Sometimes, the answers we seek, are also in our history. The brilliant dissenting opinion that was the right answer, but in the wrong place and time.

To me the attempt to seperate the 2 is an attempt to rewrite history by ignoring it.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join