It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'High-class terrorists running US, UK and France' — RT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think he's actually saying that the pot shouldn't call the kettle black.
Way to twist things.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
reply to post by Xcathdra

in your opinion if i may ask,what would it take to fix the financial sytem of the country,pertaining to the federal reserve and the tresury?

You are always welcome to ask me questions or for my opinion.

In my opinion, and from a simplistic view point -

* - End the Federal Reserve and open an investigation to determine if that entity has broken any laws.
* - Take the current tax system and throw it out the wind - replace with a flat tax
* - People MUST get involved in politics and actively participate
* - Re-elect those who do their job and fire those representatives who dont.
* - Restore the concept of imminent domain to public benefiet only with safety attached.
* - Stop the ability for corporations to buy candidates / elected officals.
* - Enforce oversight rules in sectors of the economy that have the most impact on citizens should it fail.
* - Enforce the laws and prosectue those who manipulate currency / economy for their own gain.

Most importantly - Apply common sense. People must engage and have conversations with government at all levels, with business leaders etc. It is impossible to have a law that is black and white, and the laws we do have that attempt the black and white view often times do more damage than good.

People must get involved in politics. They must vote, talk to their reps and be heard.

One of the concepts that makes this country great is our ability to accept more than one idea / concept. We have been down this road before and we came out the other side of the tunnel, albeit bruised battered and exhausted.

We have decisions to make in the next election - People must stand up and be heard less they become quiet whispers fading in the dark.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

that is all fine and dandy, but you are confusing a history debate with a debate about the actions of the US (and others) right now

Please separate the two
edit on 30-10-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
There goes Xcathdra with its anti Russian views again and pro government stance

You and a few others really need to get off your obfuscation game - it does not work. My comment about Russia was not anti Russia as you falsely claim. Apparently when it comes to facts, you have no desire to engage the topic and would rather just attack the poster. This is typical behavior of people who dont understand the problem and view the world in a myopic manner.

Whats funny about your comment is how hypocritical it is. You are the one who hates anything western or western media related.

You actively participate in the very action you accuse me of.

So what your saying your defending the islamists in Chechnya who want a sharia law and an islamic state in front of the russian people?

Nope - What I am saying is if Russia wishes to criticise the US in this area, they are just as guilty. I have no issues with Islam. I do have issues with Sharia law though since it violates the Quran.

thats nice Xcathdra i guess you agree with the islamists.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Again, if your going to just flat out lie and make things up, do it on your own and stop trying to attribute actions / beliefs / comments / positions as if I said them.

This is the problem people seem to have. You are completely incapable of accepting more than one idea or thought. You are incapable of understand the concept of a free press, individual freedoms and a person ability to not agree with something.

I think if you and a few others ever tried that, your brains would fritz out being it cant handle anything that you arent told to believe in.

Now - drop the BS attacks on me. Educate yourself on the topic and learn that in a free society we are allowed to challenge people, thoughts and ideas. A concept you and a few others just cant get your heads around.

BTW - If you want to prove anyone wrong, it must be done with not only facts, but verifable facts. On the off chance your lost on this, it means that in addition to making a claim, you must be able to support it with something other than personal attacks.

Now - do you have anything on topic?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Xcathdra

that is all fine and dandy, but you are confusing a history debate with a debate about the actions of the US (and others) right now

Please separate the two
edit on 30-10-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

You cant seperate the 2 since they have a direct impact on each other. When we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it. When we ignore history, we lose the ability to understand why one country / group of people dont like a different country or its people.

Ignoring history is why we are in the position we are in now.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The most glaring difference between the AUC and Colombia’s guerrilla groups, according to the State Department report, is that, “The paramilitaries have not taken action against U.S. personnel.” Does the inclusion of this statement mean only groups that target U.S. personnel are considered full-fledged terrorist organizations and, therefore, are subject to U.S. sanctions? Such a categorization scheme is cold comfort for the millions of people in Colombia and around the world who are victims of the AUC and other groups whose goals and objectives, though not necessarily whose means, just happen to coincide with U.S. political and economic interests.

By excluding the AUC from the FTO list, the State Department has made it clear that it does not judge terrorism as much by an organization’s violent activities as by who is the target of those activities. Not only do the FARC and ELN target U.S. personnel, they are also fighting against U.S. political and economic interests in Colombia. Consequently, they are on the primary FTO list. Meanwhile, the double standard used to create the State Department’s lists once again illustrates that terrorism serving U.S. interests is not, in Washington’s eyes, really terrorism.

CJ

There are hypocritical definitions of terrorism made by US govt.

Good terrorist , Bad terrorist.
edit on 30/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You do know that RT is a Russian propaganda machine aimed at causing disorder in the West?
It's just a modern version of Lord Haw Haw's speeched to the British and Allies from the Nazis.
However, May I suggest that you take both Russian media and Western media, compare and contrast them and make up your own mind on what is true and what is not.
Just remember that it is highly unlikely that RT will ever try to promote Western ideals or leadership....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

and your point is.......

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
You do know that RT is a Russian propaganda machine aimed at causing disorder in the West?
It's just a modern version of Lord Haw Haw's speeched to the British and Allies from the Nazis.
However, May I suggest that you take both Russian media and Western media, compare and contrast them and make up your own mind on what is true and what is not.
Just remember that it is highly unlikely that RT will ever try to promote Western ideals or leadership....

PressTV is right up there with misrepresnting facts as well. If you check their website you will find an article about the US putting its hands around Irans neck, at which point they attribute the quote to a US military officer. The problem with that is the officer never made the comment, and the person who did make the comment wasnt even talking about Iran.

PressTV / RT are not news sources. They are stenographers, printing whatever the government tells them to do no questions asked and no verification process to boot.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

thank you for your response,one more i would like to ask, it is no secret what alot of people think about main stream media and the role it plays,what accions should be taken in that matter?
edit on 30-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
The USA is the only superpower that invades other nations for oil.....

France is the one who got the LIBYA bandwaggon rolling.

How can you say the only superpower that invades other nations for oil is the US?

Seven months ago, the Libyan people were under threat and attack by the armed gangs commanded by Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, the strongman who had brutally ruled Libya for 42 years. Within 10 days of the U.N. Security Council voting a resolution mandating the protection of Libya’s civilians, policing of a no-flight zone, and prevention of illicit arms transfers by air and sea, NATO took command of a significant force of dozens of ships and hundreds of airplanes and commenced military operations. NATO’s success was swift — saving tens of thousands of Libyan lives, grounding Qaddhafi’s air force, and watching Libya’s coast.

In all, 14 NATO members and 4 partner countries provided naval and air forces for NATO’s three missions.

Together, these 18 countries bore the heaviest brunt of the alliance effort. France and Britain flew one third of all missions — most of them strikes —

www.nytimes.com...
You can not make a blanket statement about the US like that.
NATO and 18 countries all had there hand in the Libya cookie jar.

Also I would like for you to show me where the US got one drop of oil out
of Iraq. We did not win an oil field Iraq has full control over it.
edit on 30-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst

thank you for your response,one more i would like to ask, it is no secret what alot of people think about main stream media and the role it plays,what accions should be taken in that matter?
edit on 30-10-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

Regulation of MSM should be done by the people, not the government. In terms of truth in reporting and facts, the people must be the ones who should be vigilant and research before believeing / not believing. If a news source continues to lie / obfuscate / bend etc then the people should stop watching that channel and urge others to do the same.

Having a government regulate media is a bad idea since it can have unforseen consequences.

The ultimate authority on holding organizations like that accountible belong to the people. The only laws I would like to see would deal with revenue as well as who has ties to what group / government etc.

If a claim is made, it should be supported and if any errors / misrepresentations occur, any correction / appology should be front and center and not buried in a 3 am news update that no one is watching.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

France got the ball rolling in Libya.
China was heavily involved in pre-war Libya. So much so that they evacuated 50,000 workers.
The war ends and Sarkozy is on the phone to China.
China agrees to give Europe 100 billion Euros for its bail out fund.
The Britsh Prime Minister is not happy with Sarkozy.
All is not what it seems....
Please watch this as it might help you understand a little better what's going on in that region:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
There are hypocritical definitions of terrorism made by US govt.

Of course there is. Its nothing new and its not just restricted to the US. The US / EU and several other countries label Hamas and Hezzbullah as terrorist organizations while at the same time Arab countries / Asian / African countries dont view them as terror groups.

Originally posted by hmdphantom
Good terrorist , Bad terrorist.

Strategic goals / alliances / ideology - its the nature of the beast. Im not saying your wrong, however there seems to be a serious issue on this site where people blame the US for all, while ignoring every other country, regardless of the fact that the ignored countries are engaged in the exact same behavior.

So long as other countries run operations towards the US / Freedom, you will find my position aligned with that of the US. If people find that offensive so be it. Thats the price people pay for wanting to live in a free society where sometimes the other party wins.

The other thing to take into account, which from what I see you nor other have ever considered this angle, is what do these groups do? If a group fights against the government and only the government, thats one thing. If that group who is fighting against the government starts the indiscrimnate killing of civilians through specific, deliberate targeting, then they get the plagues or my calvary, which ever gets there first.

The Us views Hamas as a terrorist group not because they target Israeli forces. They are labeled that because they make no distinction between military and civilians, and have gone to great lengths to justify their actions / view points.

Its like the uprisings in the Middle East - where governments like ghadaffi and Assad have labeled the opposing groups as terrorists. I dont share that view point, while many on this board support Assad / ghadaffis view.

Pointing out US actions is one thing, however singleing the US out and blaming them while looking the other way when other countries engage in the same actions is hypocritical.

Respects

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by colbyforce

Bottom line, it's none of our goddamn business what's going on over there. The US govt cherry picks the wars they engage in... Fact.

After Russia and China lose their friends, they'll be next.

America's spending Billions in the former Soviet Territories to buy them off as friends......China's losing Iran as a fuel source

The globalists are truly marching and empire building. Iran is surrounded and will go down shortly. They are knocking on some front doors... China and Russia. There are not many countries to liberate left. Will China/Russia vs. The West be the final armageddon? It appears pretty clear to me. Russia and China seem to be preparing frantically.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

I find it amazing that the "global eletists / NWO" people are so transparent they are willing to place their plans on the internet for all to see.

you guys have got to be joking around with this topic.. Conspiracies all around, trust no one, infiltration..

its almost like a person with multiple personality disorders suffering a blow to the head that makes the injury worse.

Stephen King couldnt come up with some of the far out fear mongering gory blood bath scenarios some people do on this site.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The Us views Hamas as a terrorist group not because they target Israeli forces. They are labeled that because they make no distinction between military and civilians, and have gone to great lengths to justify their actions / view points.

On 14 May 1948, the day the Mandate officially ended and the day before the bulk of the remaining British troops departed, Israel declared its independence and sovereignty, though without specifying borders. The next day, the Arab League reiterated officially their opposition to the "two-state solution" in a letter to the UN.[26] That day, the armies of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq invaded the territory partitioned for the Arab state, marking the beginning of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. The nascent Israeli Defense Force repulsed the Arab League nations from part of the occupied territories, thus extending its borders beyond the original UNSCOP partition.[27] By December 1948, Israel controlled most of the portion of Mandate Palestine west of the Jordan River. The remainder of the Mandate consisted of Jordan, the area that came to be called the West Bank (controlled by Jordan), and the Gaza Strip (controlled by Egypt). Prior to and during this conflict, 713,000[28] Palestinian Arabs fled their original lands to become Palestinian refugees, in part, due to an alleged promise from Arab leaders that they would be able to return when the war had been won. Many Palestinians fled from the areas that are now present-day Israel as a response to alleged massacres of Arab towns by militant Jewish organizations like the Irgun and the Stern Gang (See Deir Yassin massacre). The War came to an end with the signing of the 1949 Armistice Agreements between Israel and each of its Arab neighbours.

wiki

There were some massacres done by Israel forces. Those massacres was a sign to dishearten Palestinians.

They leaved their homes.

That is a real terrorism and no one likes to be forced to leave one's home.

So , Israel is good terrorist and Hamas is bad terrorists - because they fight for justice.

IMHO Palestine-Israel conflict must be solved by justice. It won't be solved by ignoring the truth.

Pointing out US actions is one thing, however singleing the US out and blaming them while looking the other way when other countries engage in the same actions is hypocritical.

America has been behind lots of sinister plans , alone or with it's allies.

America is the biggest superpower and is insisting on it's strategy from long ago.

There has been lots of killings and wars made by the Zionist lobby.US is not going to give up supporting Zionists , because it is getting financial aids.

Invading other countries , killing innocents , taking out the sources has been basic parts of the US strategy from long ago.

There are blames on other countries , too. But they are blamed less than US govt is. Because US attacks other countries like an eagle and other supporters of wars are like vultures.

I am not much educated in English language , I don't live in an English speaking country. I am studying none-English sources mostly. That is why I seem to be weak to say what I intend. But it is getting better.

respects for you , too.
regards.

edit on 30/10/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

It appears pretty clear to me. Russia and China seem to be preparing frantically.

There are other sources of oil. Russia and China are not the enemies for US.

The problem with US is not attacking Iran , is that US is waiting for an appropriate time to attack Iran.

Americans are the problem. They should be convinced to attack Iran. Because , ordinary people go to the fronts. So, they should be brain-washed and ready.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Have you heard of evidence and speculation? Educated guess? Sometimes this is what we have to go by. I know with you it's always "just the facts ma'am," because you have been trained that way. What do you think the future holds, based on current events, Xcath? You probably wouldn't dare document how you really feel. That would make you too vulnerable. Fire away when ready.
edit on 30-10-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think most countries in the world behave in this manor one way or the other. This was just to remind us peeps in the west that we are no better than our so called enemies.
One day we can hope to live in a world were we are more grown up and this kind of thing no longer has to happen. The only world I can see like that is one that has a country called Earth.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join