It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'World War II Evacuee' Costume For Little Girls Is Most Offensive Of All Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The more of these threads I read, the more I realize I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I had my children.

I think I need to come up with something REALLY offensive.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Just goggle and you will find all kind of ideas for Halloween, that is how my daughter found how to dress along with her boyfriend.

Now my son is going to make certain group a littler uncomfortable as he is going to dress as a Zombie Jesus he will look like the pictures of Jesus as he have long hair pass his shoulders and natural tan skin.

Actually he will make quite a very good looking Halloween Zombie Jesus.

BTW no trying to offend anybody here you know.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Zombie Jesus is always an excellent one.

In *some* cultures, I might be put in jail for several years for that...or this:

loltheist.com...

I am of the opinion that if you look closely at many things in the Universe, God clearly has a whooping sense of humour. So I think we'll be okay.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
*snort*

When I got tired of hearing Zombie Jesus day comments, I egged my hubby into pretending he was going to eat his buddy, while growling "Braaaaiinnssssalvaaation!" at him.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Nice picture on the link, I tell you what, with the looks my son have (no because I am his mother)
he can get away with anything.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If people want offensive, there's always the "Priest" costume with the small child attached to the front. I'd include a pic but I don't want to risk a ban. Just do a google image search on "dirty priest costume".

Have a walk around town in that one, it's sure to garner attention!

edit on 28-10-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

That is pure genius!!!!

I've been told (by the missus) im not allowed to dress up as Gary Glitter as i will traumatise any littlies that come knocking..............i think she misunderstands that that is the point of it

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

HAHAHA .. omg that is so ridiculously offensive it's hysterical .. I know what I'm buying next year for the party.. wow..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The outfit is perhaps somewhat inappropriate for halloween, but by no measure is it offensive.

During world war 2, the government realised that our greatest asset, children, were also the ones at the most risk living in major cities, which were prime targets for Axis forces bombing raids. So they evacuated the children, with the permission of their families, to safer locations out in the countryside, away from the cities.

The children wore their own clothes, the only addition to their own clothing which could be termed an "outfit" was the tag. Which was pretty much the same as dogtags wore by soldiers today.

If you find an action taken to protect the children to be offensive, then.. Well theres not much hope for you. I think you are just trying to farm flags personally.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For the record, I'm not advocating people purchase the "dirty priest costume".

I'm merely pointing out that, compared to the OP, the dirty priest costume is far more "offensive"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
These guys really have the monopoly on this..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i want to be an occupy wall street protester for halloween (:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
For some reason I was expecting to see a black and white striped concentration camp style of costume, which would certainly have been offensive, but, a British child Evacuee is hardly offensive and like others have said, represents an important time in British history.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I do not think this is offending, at all.

The WTC center costume...however...there was pictures a while ago about a costume, one person being the WTC and another person the plane..with WTC jumpers painted on etc..etc...that was a sick...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, just ordered one of these for the misses for some saturday night entertainment

Can't wait to see her in it at the weekend WOWSER

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I see no problem with this costume.
It's actually kind of cute.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I don't see the problem. That outfit could just as easily be construed as the stereotypical French resistance ....

That's exactly what I thought.
Not offensive, just BAD marketing.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Partygirl

We don't really celebrate Halloween much here in Australia but I notice it is getting more popular,,

you don't have Halloween???? dammmmmmmm i'm sorry dude, come to america!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Every year they try to take costume ideas from the most recently popular kids movies, and this was inspired by Lucy in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I don't see what is so bad about it.

Here's another idea-

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OP....Are you for real? What in the hell is offensive about this costume??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join