It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans with AR15s protecting Occupy Phoenix

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
AJ on Prison Planet is reporting the Neo -Nazi relationship...

www.infowars.com...

Course the Southern Party Law Center goes a little overboard I think on misunderstanding some elements of fringe groups.

That being said, the above pic of him with the swastika pretty much dials it in for me.

Interesting developments.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's cool what they're doing but if the crap hit the fan these guys would be dead in 30 seconds. They're massively outnumbered, so in reality their guns are little more than props...

And if that happened a very large amount of citizens and an even larger amount of highly trained ex military persons would take flight to their location, amass in a massive army of pissed-off individuals that would hunt down everyone involved in their death and either kill them or bring them to a courtroom.

Don't underestimate how interconnected we are. There are millions of us just waiting for a reason to jump and believe me that would be a damn good one. Don't think we would just lay down.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey you know what guys? I didn't see any abuses by the cops at that one!

Whats the deal now? COWARDS!!

-Alien

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
GOD this thread is making my head hurt.

First all you idiots stop brinign Ghandi and MLK up. You people are ignorant of history. Ask yourself two questions.
1. What would have happened to Ghandi if he had to deal with the Japanese occupying India rather than the British?
2. Who were the Deacons of Defense and how did they protect MLK as he traveled?

This JT ready is a douchebag Nazi. He does not represent conservative Tea Party America. He does not represent the true constitutional patriots of this contry. He does not represent the 3%. He does not represent vets. He is a collectivist. His beliefs are no different than communist he only hates government when its giving things to minorities. He has no problem with a government that takes from jews and other minorities and gives to his approved cronies.

That being said there is nothing wrong with armed protest I have been to several. We had no issues with the police we showed up, carried our guns waved our signs and flags, said our message and went home. The cops new what would happen if they attempted to oppose the demonstration. Some of you kiddes need to get your heads out of your fundements and learn how the world works.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crohny

I understand your sentiments fully. The UK is not buy far a nation were we conduct our selfs 100% peacefully in protest. The one thing we do and we do it so well i might add is show resilience,grit and most all stubbornness even in the face of overwhelming odds. This is not a thing that is in our Genes
Instead for most people its down to our up bringing. From our grandparents we have heard the story of the blitz ww2 and so many other story's. These storys have gave us the sense of pride and worth as a country. This sense of pride has been adopted by the generations after. It is this mentality that gives us the resolve to confront our suppressors with out need of violent confrontation. I would like to add we are not a bunch of pacifists ..but solely have learnt over time that through peaceful protesting comes better results. Let me say to the OWS in US that the time for a hands on confrontation always seems like its around the corner when dealing with brutality from the opposing side you need to sustain your selfs from playing the confrontation card as long as you can. As to not stigma the movement with what label TPTB what to attach as it will be game over due to your limited support as of this time. Remain on course as you are and grow in numbers it is through this you will archive.

edit on 1/11/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2011 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

I am from the UK, protests are not always peaceful and it may also be worth noting that despite the 1 million that peacefully marched against Iraq war, our government still went anyway so it achieved nothing, just an observation

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I know what you said is true there are still more that could be implemented before confrontation. The longer you hold of confrontation the stronger your numbers. I do believe that confrontation is inevitable in some cases but they need to hold of right now because of simple demonizing and marshal law will follow.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well... I would watch the video but the youtube channel got shut down.... Apparently due to multiple 3rd party copy right claims.....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well... I would watch the video but the youtube channel got shut down.... Apparently due to multiple 3rd party copy right claims.....

Oh come on man. You are an ATSer. You have no excuse not to just copy the thread title, slam it into youtube search, and come up with this:

And several others, which may be the same thing, not sure.

But critical in that video is when he says "Yeah, the cops wanted us to take our guns somewhere else, but we politely told them 'no, we're just going to stay here and make sure those people can continue to protest peacefully.' " And I don't think the cops wanted to push the issue.

I like it. A lot. This man deserves a "protect the people" medal.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by underdogradio
Just what peaceful protestors need, a guy with a gun. Great way to get some innocent people hurt or killed. Peaceful protestors don't need weapons. I wonder if Gandhi was packin' heat while hunger striking.

I've not been a fan of the NRA or of the people who do NOTHING but worry about the "Right to bear arms" being about the only Constitutional Amendment they fret about.

But why does the person seeking peace have to be a door matt? Why is all the "disarming" supposed to be for people who want justice, a fair wage, or an end to war?

>> It seems to me, if you are dealing with bloodthirsty fascists who want more money for the top, more death for the military to get cheap resources and take more money, more, more, more -- then the ONLY purpose of a peaceful protest is to get attention to the cause and to annoy those in power.

As long as those in power do NOT get violent -- why do they care if Protestors carry their constitutionally protected weapons? There is no RIGHT TO SHOOT protestors, anymore than there is a right to shoot police officers.

However, there is a RIGHT to defend oneself. My advice; instead of complaining about Vets or Protestors carrying weapons -- let's just let them make their point and NOT shoot at them. Seems easy to me.

>> The only people who cry foul that peace"ful" protestors might pack some heat, is those people who want to see them beat up and to be discouraged from their cause.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow. I've never seen a more cogent argument from a "border patrolling" gun-toter. I don't mean that in a bad way...

I haven't been a fan of the people guarding the border from Mexicans -- seems to me that illegal EMPLOYMENT causes the problem and we shouldn't be blaming desperate poor people for how bad it is in Mexico.

But BEYOND all that debate -- he makes a great point; "If we don't come up here and defend someone's 1st amendment from people with guns -- then nobody is going to be around to defend our 2nd Amendment rights." That sentiment can go for the RIGHT of people to Unionize, the RIGHT of people to be safe in their homes and privacy, have a living wage, have opportunity.

If MORE people who are considered "on the right" would show up to help people who are "more or less on the Left" -- I think there is going to be a lot more good will and the "divide and conquer strategy" of the Have's vs. the Have Nots is going to fail.

>> When you are trying to solve a problem by beating up people without power and money -- you are looking in the wrong direction. And when the #1 Issue in debates is things like "Don't ask, Don't Tell" in the military while teachers are getting fired -- there is a media that is trying to get us to look in the wrong direction.

IT's a positive sign when I can be proud of a "gun toting border patrol" guy. Even if he does spend a little too much time doing "cos-play" soldier of fortune.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
reply to post by indisputable

I am from the UK, protests are not always peaceful and it may also be worth noting that despite the 1 million that peacefully marched against Iraq war, our government still went anyway so it achieved nothing, just an observation

>> I suspect that the EVIDENCE that peaceful protests work is often pushed by those who are afraid of NON PEACEFUL PROTESTS.

I cannot look at a person like Dick Cheney, or the Likud-party leader of Israel and think; "THERE goes someone who would be impressed by peaceful mobs willing to sacrifice."

>> Gandhi was "embraced" I suspect, because about a billion Indians were ready to rip the English to shreds. MLK was embraced because the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam were about to make it dangerous for lynching crackers. I would LOVE it if change could come with flowers and kisses -- but the world is run by Sociopaths who, as long as they can "win" more power and money, probably are more amused by protests than anything.

These protests are ONLY for the people in the middle; decent people who follow the servants of the Economic Royalists. Three tiers down from the billion dollar bonus Wall Street hedge fund manager, there is a white collar policeman, who might feel "good will" towards these bastards because they got a "donation" once to the police retirement fund. The donations never make up for the wage freezes -- but not a lot of people are paying attention to who ruins their lives behind the scenes.

This War between Main Street and Wall Street is all from the shadows.
So the protests shine a light, and PERHAPS move the people who think that "following the Laws" laid down by the biggest crooks, isn't as important as "looking out for the people."

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
This is just my observation, but perhaps this is the reason why Oakland's PD felt the, let's say ability to overwhelm the protestors with force, whereas in Phoenix there is the potential for resistance so they allow them to continually protest.
Intimidation/propaganda factor. The protestors have the sleight of hand in areas where open carry is legal.
In New york for example, the police feel empowered over it's citizenry due to the fact they have no weapons at their site.

All speculation on my part.

More likely; Oakland is just must more corrupt. The worse the police department, the more likely they are to use violence. People who make the system work, are less likely to get frustrated -- they figure that this process is necessary.

In Oakland -- I think it's just an attitude -- they just HATE these people for whatever reason. Probably for the "dirty hippy" concept that has lasted since we stopped that WONDERFUL Vietnam war.

The idea that the Oakland Police wanted to "preserve the park" meant that they felt like Squirrels and Crack Addicts had a greater right to be there than citizens using their 1st Amendment rights.

>> If the protestors had guns, then when the Police came to shred their tents and kick them out with tear gas at night -- something VIOLENT might have happened. What would be the story then? "Rioting protestors wake up shooting!" On the other hand, these cowardly cops in black body armor might NOT have tried to push everyone out of the park -- who knows?

I only know that before this is over, there ARE going to be gun shots and this is going to get bloody. The people with their hands dipped in gold, aren't going to worry about someone else getting their hands dirty with blood. UNTIL Robber Barons feel like THEY might actually lose money, or even their lives -- NOTHING will change. That's the history of the world.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

The Southern Poverty Law Center is NOT a trustworthy source! They always skew things and push an agenda.

I noticed your hit-piece on that guy has NO CITATIONS.

It's all essentially gossip until some sort of sourcing can be established to verify it's authenticity.

I could say you are a Neo-Nazi on the Internet, and guess what? My hit piece wouldn't have any citations either!

So it's bunk unless there is proof.

Proof 1

Proof 2

Just google him, there is plenty more.

What does this have to do with anything?
Some hate group can always "crash a party" and start trying to mix their message in with anyone else's.

Is this the MAIN message of the protestors? Can they actually keep out OTHER people without help from the Police -- no they cannot.

Is their a tie-in from the OWS protestors with these Neo-Nazis? No. Or the vets? No.
If there is a connection with the "border patrol" -- it would not surprise me. But then again, if they make a correct point and don't cause trouble -- they have a right to be there.

>> If Arizona doesn't want nut bags carrying guns -- maybe they should have THOUGHT OF THAT sooner. A rabid dog can carry a gun in Arizona.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Oh come on man. You are an ATSer. You have no excuse not to just copy the thread title, slam it into youtube search, and come up with this:

No, I wont "come on man". You don't know a thing about me. So, who are you to say I have no excuse for not searching youtube for a video?

It just so happens that I did have an excuse. Ever heard of having to leave for work? Yeah....If I don't show up for work, I get fired. If I get fired, I can't feed my family. I was running late.

Even though I am an ATSer. I am a human first. I do have a life to live outside of ATS, if that is okay with you.

As if it even matters whether I did a search for the OP's video

That said, I am glad that these guys were there standing up for these protestors, however, I am sad to say that OWS really is starting to die out. It was the lack of direction and leadership that is killing them.

I would like to see OWS take a break, get more organized, get a leader and get more direction. Then, this will be a group that makes a real big difference.

Here is to a better future!

Peace and love.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I do not advocate for this person, but J.T. Ready was killed today in Gilbert, AZ. He was part of a Quadruple Homicide/Suicide that also took the life of a 2yr old girl. Police are not sure what his involvement in the shootings was.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join