It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Nov. 9th. What would you do IF our Pres. doesn't return power to networks during emergency syste

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly! Why not in the middle of the night, not during prime time news for my time zone. I will admit it...I am concerned. IF something nefarious did go down, I'm in a rural area....but, how would densely packed city folk take to
a potential martial law situation.

Yes, I live in a suburb of the capitol...shhh...

Maybe during this "test," the prez is actually going to speak about something--which in essence, your OP quote subtly implies????

10-28 (if you believe it) then 11-9, then 11-11.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

I just gave you the 111 th star on that post

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe it would be time for alien disclosure? They already know how we are going to react.
Reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode during the missile crisis. They are having a dinner party at buddies place and he shows off his bomb shelter to his guests. The alarm comes in for missiles headed toward USA and you guessed it, not enough room for everybody. hilarity ensues.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I will take my shuttle and go in the orbit for a couple a days,till the things calm down,then i'll be back home.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have concerns about this new national alert test.

First, I have read that in some regions the TV broadcast might not display the "this is a test" graphic or crawler. That just makes me think "War of the Worlds" chaos.

Second, I've went back and read the articles from a few months ago and it is discussed as more of a "presidential alert" system.

Third, I think this is only the first step to take over all major lines of communication. There is the "Commercial Mobile Alert System" that is being worked on. Meaning emergency messages can be "pushed" priority to cell phones. To do this companies are having to install special chips in phones. My question is, could those chips also block the phone from receiving other signals? My second part of this concern is that presidential "kill switch" for the internet. They are trying to dress it up a "cyber security".

It seems they are making most of these changes slowly hoping people don't connect the dots.

www.fcc.gov... - regarding the "no image" issue.
voices.washingtonpost.com... - presidential alerts.
wraltechwire.com... - Cell phone alerts.
news.techworld.com... - Cyber Security legislation (kill switch).

OiO
edit on 27-10-2011 by OneisOne because: link not working.....

Looks like the wraltechwire.com link isn't working properly. When it hits the main page, use their search with "National alert system to use cell phones" as the term. It will pull up the blog post.
edit on 27-10-2011 by OneisOne because: added how to find an article.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Excellent post!

Yes, I see the alert is for "Presidential" use. Meaning only he can control the "kill" switch. I don't like it at all.

As it gets closer to more widespread instability in major cities, OWN....I'm really wondering if using the "kill" switch is something Obama is working into his plans. I will admit ....I honestly do think our Potus is mentally unstable. He's a damn wild card, with too much power.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Mentally unstable, surrounded by a group of 'commie' sympathisers, whose revolution has come to pass. We should all be worried.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

All this had made up my mind for me. In the next week, I'm going to find out who in the community, has a ham radio set-up. I'll bake a loaf of bread,and go be neighborly....it can't hurt ya know.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thank you Des......

OK, for this next post I'm placing my tinfoil hat on....... (get ready for wild theory!)

It's funny you mention the instability. The mobile alert network for cell phones is supposed to be up and running by the end of this year for New York & Washington.

So with my tinfoil hat on..... What if these protests are part of a plan and the people that planned them assumed that they would spread from New York to Washington in a big way. Thinking that people would move from protesting the bankers to protesting the government, literally. Then they would roll out the mobile alert to deal with these "protests" and most of the population would be comfortable with that. Sort of what happened with the London protests and Blackberry shutting down the messaging service to help "calm" the activity. Not that I think they are basing this on what happened in London. I think it has been planned longer than that. (Maybe London was the UK test of this tactic?)

/tinfoil hat....

I am on a conspiracy forum right??

OiO
(and I agree with you about the president)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man, oh man.

Given the content of some threads in the last few weeks, I think a break from the internet would do a lot of folks good. Specifically between right now and say, December 22, 2012.

Just shut it off and go outside. Jeez louise, not every conceivable act out of your control has puppet strings attached to it. Not every bump in the night has a spook behind it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Man, oh man.

Given the content of some threads in the last few weeks, I think a break from the internet would do a lot of folks good. Specifically between right now and say, December 22, 2012.

Just shut it off and go outside. Jeez louise, not every conceivable act out of your control has puppet strings attached to it. Not every bump in the night has a spook behind it.

I'm sure there's a Unicorn pooping rainbow skittles website for you somewhere, on the world wide web. ATS is sorta known for being a Conspiracy site....just sayin'...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I hate Skittles. Besides, I don't see any signs saying you have to agree with everything to post here.

All I'm saying is there are conspiracies, and then there are "you're just bat# crazy" type stuff.

When this turns out to be a normal 3 minute drill and Dr. Oz comes back on afterward, are you going to calm down and maybe do a little introspection as to why you genuinely thought this "scenario" was a possibility? Or will you continue down the rabbit hole, chalk it up to success of the "ATS Effect", and move on to the next doomy gloomy date?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Of course....and, I won't be happy until I know where all the wabbit holes are.

What I'm writing about is all supposition, what if, scenarios. It doesn't hurt to stretch one's mind. Yours could use a little outside the box time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Fair enough.

And you're right, your thread is more "what if" then fear mongering/predicting.

I guess come the 9th, we'll know for sure. And one of us might have a smug look on their face.

And the other will be eating bread with a neighbor while watching Dr. Oz.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Fair enough.

And you're right, your thread is more "what if" then fear mongering/predicting.

I guess come the 9th, we'll know for sure. And one of us might have a smug look on their face.

And the other will be eating bread with a neighbor while watching Dr. Oz.

I'm beginning to like you.....IF TSHTF in the future......I'll share my bunker supplies with you

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Much appreciated.

And if I'm wrong on the 9th, I'll be back here (presuming "here" still exists) and eat my crow humbly.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I have concerns about this new national alert test.

First, I have read that in some regions the TV broadcast might not display the "this is a test" graphic or crawler. That just makes me think "War of the Worlds" chaos.

Second, I've went back and read the articles from a few months ago and it is discussed as more of a "presidential alert" system.

Third, I think this is only the first step to take over all major lines of communication. There is the "Commercial Mobile Alert System" that is being worked on. Meaning emergency messages can be "pushed" priority to cell phones. To do this companies are having to install special chips in phones. My question is, could those chips also block the phone from receiving other signals? My second part of this concern is that presidential "kill switch" for the internet. They are trying to dress it up a "cyber security".

It seems they are making most of these changes slowly hoping people don't connect the dots.

www.fcc.gov... - regarding the "no image" issue.
voices.washingtonpost.com... - presidential alerts.
wraltechwire.com... - Cell phone alerts.
news.techworld.com... - Cyber Security legislation (kill switch).

OiO
edit on 27-10-2011 by OneisOne because: link not working.....

Looks like the wraltechwire.com link isn't working properly. When it hits the main page, use their search with "National alert system to use cell phones" as the term. It will pull up the blog post.
edit on 27-10-2011 by OneisOne because: added how to find an article.

I thought the FCC was required to show the "this is a test" graphics. Can you imagine how many folks don't know squat about the National test. The barrage of phone calls to tech support for broken televisions. All the pay-per-view movies missing 3 minutes
It could turn out to be a cluster-****.

Also, if emergency messages can be pushed through the cell phone networks...who is to limit the time of the pushing. Too many loopholes for my liking. I still haven't found a viable reason the blackberry network was on the frazzle a couple of weeks ago here in the U.S. AND, who decides what constitutes an "emergency".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
What if the black out has something to do with the "aircraft carrier" sized asteroid passing between the earth and moon on nov 9th?

Well..
The fly-by is on Nov 8.

News release: 2011-332 Oct. 26, 2011

NASA in Final Preparations for Nov. 8 Asteroid Flyby

The full version of this story with accompanying images is at: www.jpl.nasa.gov...

NASA scientists will be tracking asteroid 2005 YU55 with antennas of the agency’s Deep Space Network at Goldstone, Calif., as the space rock safely flies past Earth slightly closer than the moon's orbit on Nov. 8. Scientists are treating the flyby of the 1,300-foot-wide (400-meter) asteroid as a science target of opportunity – allowing instruments on "spacecraft Earth" to scan it during the close pass.

Tracking of the aircraft carrier-sized asteroid will begin at 9:30 a.m. local time (PDT) on Nov. 4, using the massive 70-meter (230-foot) Deep Space Network antenna, and last for about two hours. The asteroid will continue to be tracked by Goldstone for at least four hours each day from Nov. 6 through Nov. 10. Radar observations from the Arecibo Planetary Radar Facility in Puerto Rico will begin on Nov. 8, the same day the asteroid will make its closest approach to Earth at 3:28 p.m. PST.

The trajectory of asteroid 2005 YU55 is well understood. At the point of closest approach, it will be no closer than 201,700 miles (324,600 kilometers) or 0.85 the distance from the moon to Earth. The gravitational influence of the asteroid will have no detectable effect on anything here on Earth, including our planet's tides or tectonic plates. Although 2005 YU55 is in an orbit that regularly brings it to the vicinity of Earth (and Venus and Mars), the 2011 encounter with Earth is the closest this space rock has come for at least the last 200 years.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

How would I know what was going on. Would I still be able to use other means of communication, like cellphone, land lines, internet. Or, could these be cut off too....I don't know

I find myself thinking what would I do. I live in a rural area. Would I get in my car and go check in with the nearest town to get a gauge of what is happening. I'm pretty well set up for a SHTF situation....but I'm not ready for it to happen now, mentally that is.

I got to test my feelings on that situation last year.
A large tractor/truck ripped out a bunch of power lines, leaving a wide area with no power. Our electric company always has a recorded message telling us what has happened, so I went to phone it. No phone. Our phone lines are all under ground, so it was odd that the phone was out at the same time.
Being very rural, I have no cell phone service here, so I got in my truck to head towards town to get service to find out what happened. No service where it usually kicks in.
I had to go all the way into town to find out that there was a glitch in the phone company that knocked out all cell phone and regular phone service at the SAME TIME as the power was off. All the businesses that were able to stay running were doing all transactions by paper.

Just before getting into town, I was starting to wonder "is this it? Am I wasting gas?"

What a weird feeling it was. I didn't feel ready either, and it was a good test for how I will feel if TSHTF.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I thought the FCC was required to show the "this is a test" graphics. Can you imagine how many folks don't know squat about the National test. The barrage of phone calls to tech support for broken televisions. All the pay-per-view movies missing 3 minutes
It could turn out to be a cluster-****.

I think they are getting past that because it is the first test of it's kind. After the test broadcasters are required to report back the results. I guess that's the "fix-it" plan. Who didn't see the graphics, what needs to be fixed. I just don't like the fact that they are saying the graphic and crawler "may or may not" display in some areas. I thought there was supposed to be a nation-wide "awareness" program about the test. I have not seen much about it on the broadcast networks, maybe they will once we get closer to the date.

Originally posted by Destinyone
Also, if emergency messages can be pushed through the cell phone networks...who is to limit the time of the pushing. Too many loopholes for my liking. I still haven't found a viable reason the blackberry network was on the frazzle a couple of weeks ago here in the U.S. AND, who decides what constitutes an "emergency".

I agree about the loopholes and control!!! And I'm really, really leery about the chip & software required for these mobile alerts to happen.

OiO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join