It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi family to file NATO war crimes complaint.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

www.news.com.au

MUAMMAR Gaddafi's family plans to file a war crimes complaint against NATO with the International Criminal Court (ICC) for the alliance's alleged role in his death, the family's lawyer says.

The 69-year-old ex-strongman was captured and killed on Thursday last week near the city of Sirte in circumstances that are still unclear, but it has been confirmed that NATO aircraft fired on pro-Gaddafi vehicles driving in a convoy from the city.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well this is good to hear, but I highly doubt with the entire western world bashing Gaddafi every second they get and every second media story being about 'you should hate Gaddafi' that anything will come out of this.
If NATO and TPTB have the power to go into so many countries and do this same crap time and time again, they have the power to not get in trouble for it.

They dont have much chance when this is one link off the ICC website homepage

ICC WEBSITE QUOTE:
Charges: Pre-Trial Chamber I considers that there are reasonable grounds to believe that, under article 25(3)(a) of the Rome Statute, Muammar Gaddafi and Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi are criminally responsible as indirect co-perpetrators and Abdullah Al-Senussi is criminally responsible as indirect perpetrator, for two counts of crimes against humanity: Murder, within the meaning of article 7(1)(a) of the Statute; and Persecution, within the meaning of article 7(1)(h) of the Statute.

[url=http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/gaddafis-to-file-nato-war-crimes-complaint/story-e6frfku0-1226177756231]www.news.com.au

edit on 26-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
pity it will be put into the circular files at nato along with all the other complaints filed against western nations..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
pity it will be put into the circular files at nato

Where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Should they complain to the rebels that killed him?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I was awake all night, feeling physically sick thinking about all these brutal gruesom wicked perverted coups these western forces keep committing. Earlier that day, I was listening to a couple of completely different internet-radio hosts, one in Vegas, and one in Hawaii, describe how the tsa and national security state have totally ruined tourism there, which helps this economy. I feel afraid that Liberty is in it's last death rattle, and I fear all the occupy-protestors are in danger, as I easily imagine authorized mass conflagration upon the American people. While the western forces murder more foreign leaders trying to take care of their own people. And seemingly, this is all for nothing, it doesn't make sense to me.

Minister Farrakhan grieves about his friend in interview.
www.finalcall.com...

Minister Farrakhan entered the studio with an extremely serious look on his face and was very focused as Mr. Kelley asked him the how he was feeling. “I feel like I have lost a very, very important member of my own family. I can't take the assassination of Muammar Gadhafi lightly, as I could not take the assassination of my brother, or my mother, or my wife or my children lightly.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And they should!

If there's justice somewhere in this world,they will win!!

I'm with that family,with all my of heart!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Heh, being in the UK i can say that david cameron is more of a terrorist than gaddafi ever was.

It's double standards as always.

I would be happy for gaddafi's family / relations to file complaints to the ICC or wherever it would be dealt with. I know this would never happen, but clinton, obama, cameron, sarkozy (spelling?), and several others should be tried for warcrimes against the people of libya.

Its typical really, they promote change, for people to rise up and overthrow their government yet they squash any form of protest as soon as they can when it happens back home. Hypocrites. And remember the fact that these leaders stated "removing gaddafi is not a priority", or something similar along the lines of that... and what do you know? He's been assasinated and all of a sudden these leaders are saying "JOB DONE".

If that doesn't wake you up. Then nothing will... the whole "crusade" was planned from the beggining.

Libya was a mission to change the local populations opinions on gaddafi and his empire. Once they've bombed enough homes and hospitals, they claim "aid" efforts to stay in the country ,and recieve payouts in OIL, GOLD, OIL, and OIL.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

www.news.com.au

MUAMMAR Gaddafi's family plans to file a war crimes complaint against NATO with the International Criminal Court (ICC) for the alliance's alleged role in his death, the family's lawyer says.

The 69-year-old ex-strongman was captured and killed on Thursday last week near the city of Sirte in circumstances that are still unclear, but it has been confirmed that NATO aircraft fired on pro-Gaddafi vehicles driving in a convoy from the city.

I hope the wife goes to court with this and they arrest her for crimes against humanity, Buring the nanny with scalding water and how she treated her servants she needs to be tried.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
And they should!

If there's justice somewhere in this world,they will win!!

I'm with that family,with all my of heart!

That one else of a big 'IF' don't you think.

Hillary Clinton felt it was so funney they way Gaddaffi was killed but i'm not sure if it was a nervious type of laugth because even her two brain cells must know the tide is turning.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Should they complain to the rebels that killed him?

Why attack the symptom of a problem rather than cure the disease?

If you have the flu, do you treat the flu or do you take medicine that will just stop you from sneezing?

Rebels killed him, but those Rebels were armed, trained, funded, and helped every step of the way by the US and NATO. These Rebels were backed 100% by the US and NATO, and they are criminals.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Good idea... and all the families who lost loved ones under Ghadaffis regime should file lawsuits against the ghadaffi family seaking a freeze in their assets so it can be used as a settlement for the people ghadaffis regime killed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have no doubt the family will also be offering compensation from their inherited stash for the thousands killed by Gaddaffi, what with them obviously being so interested in justice.....now!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Don't forget.

The daughter is a lawyer.

Ayesha Gaddafi (or Aisha, Arabic: عائشة القذافي‎, born in 1976) is a Libyan mediator and military official, former UN Goodwill Ambassador, and lawyer by profession. She is the daughter of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and his second wife Safia Farkash.[1][2][3]....

She trained with the Libyan military, earning the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. However, according to Libyan civilians, Gaddafi did not merit such a high rank and was afforded that honor solely because she is Gaddafi's daughter.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The Colonel, whether dead or not, is/was a member of TPTB.

He needs his retirement check afterall

join