It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shooting A Laser On SOHO LASCO 2! Amazing!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Maybe it's the Giant Alien Space Squid

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

Look, the stoned guy in the vid knows how to make a Lego spaceship!

"Look at the shape of that thing."

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The imager for this instrument is designed to pick up the relatively faint light produced by CMEs. Large, solid bodies such as planets and commets reflect much more of the Suns light which the imager cannot compensate for. This causes pixel bleed over to adjacent pixels in the focal plane array which produces the "UFO" shape. It's not a perfect system but perhaps you can design a better focal plane array.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Yes, that's Frank Zappa - an American Legend.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If it's a UFO, it's a UFO the size of a planet or at least a planetoid, and I'm pretty sure if there was one of those kicking around in our near solar system it would be all over the astronomical news.

That's possibly saturn, with a photo artifact bleeding from it.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

the alledged "UFO " is a ` hot pixel ` + the ` bleed from it [ thats why they are always in the horizontal plane - its a function of the sensor architecture ]

the aledged " laser beam " is NOT a " laser beam " i dont know what it is - but " laser beams " do not stop , and nor are they visible [ unless passing through a sufficiently dense medium ]

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Seeing as this 'UFO' has a track, it is most likely a high speed particle, a cosmic ray from either the sun or elsewhere, it could also be other stuff, debris, (dust) particles from the spacecraft itself. It may be an unusual enough effect with both a streak and the light saturation at the 'Head' but don't hold me to that.
edit on 26-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My favorite parts are the long silences, where his drug-addled brain is drifting in and out of consciousness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join