It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic vision of schizophrenic's "demon"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

That can prove to be difficult. You have to find a median between the two, unless you do not want the ability anymore. Centering yourself is the best way.....meditation...etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

But looking back at the situation he was in, it seems that his mind created something that became so real to him that even I could see it.

AH!! You just opened my eyes up a little. I have an insanely long story about an ex boyfriend who was and still is extremely schizophrenic. He would hear voices all the time. And I'm sure he saw things, but I don't think he was bold enough to talk about them. We lived together for a short time and I was starting to hear the same things he was. I thought maybe the place we lived in was "haunted" or something. But then it happened to another girlfriend of his as well. As soon as I stopped talking to him, all the odd little things stopped happening. Same thing with his other girlfriend.
I am trying to keep this short and I'm not giving much detail because it could take ALL day. But what an interesting point you made. While talking to someone about this, they mentioned that the mind is a powerful thing and can create anything. But the people I have talked with about it have all been stumped as to why we would hear the SAME things at the same time.
In his mind it was so real that it BECAME something real.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
One of the books he was reading and using was the necronomicon, I remember that, because I am familiar with somewhat. Read it when I was a teenager and tried some of it out. I am not sure if tiamat is mentioned in it.

Books like that are dangerous to a person with mental instability.

H.P. Lovecraft made up the Necronomicon. Books of the name have been printed, but none of them contain any ancient wisdom or myths, just modern myth/spellbooks made up and ripping the name. Not sure the exact copy you read.

There's also the Egyptian book of the dead. Closest thing to an actual necro(Death)nomicon(Book of).

So you may want to look into what that book actually was.

Also, just to help you: Tiamat

Any names and details that stood out to, a lot can be googled to see if there's any match. That link was one of the first in a google for Tiamat(I was only ever familiar with the DnD and FF versions, not the original mythos). That'll help you figure things out.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Gives a new meaning to the saying "I think therfore I am" . You would be surprised at what the power of the mind can wield.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Theyre called thoughtforms, tulpas, embodied energies.. not really a new or unknown concept and acknowledged in many religions and belief systems.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The most helpful advice I was ever given in my own development was a rather generic typical answer of "Know yourself".

It took me a while to figure that one out. One of the most important things that a person needs to learn when dealing with the psychic/spirit world is to tell the difference between themselves and messages coming in. The only way to do this is to know yourself as completely as you can on the inside. It is trial and error as well. Eventually the images and feelings become so distinguishable between you and information not from you that you stop questioning if it is you are not, but it takes a lot of meditation,practice with people you trust, and trusting without second guessing.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I know, they are just books.
I think he believed what he was reading and that helped to create what I saw.

Actually, I could go into books like the necronomicon, as I played with it myself long ago, but I think it is just like religion, it is often not so much what is read or said, as what mindset it puts a person into through ritual.
The stuff doesn't have to be real, because in the mind of a schizophrenic, it is real enough to haunt them without being real, if that makes sense.

The whole thing was weird.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Schizophrenia is a real danger for the mettling magician..

Its sad. Before you start an interest in those things, your mind is relatively healthy. But prolonged contact, immaturity, and a lack of knowldge or moral virtue, will turn you into a crazy person. Your conscious decision to relate with an unconscious being backfires: whats normally unconsciousness, becomes conscious, because you can no longer control it.

Schizophrenia, psychosis (that is, losing your mind and descending into a complete state of mental subjugation to an outside force) is a scary thing. Why would anyone want that? Leave the Magic to the grownups.

Some people need years and years of theoretical understanding and moral development in order to reach a spiritual state in which they can maintain contact with spiritual forces without losing control.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Pass the eye bleach!
edit on 24-10-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

well, then thats my problem then.

i cant really center or know myself.

i dont believe i exist as a separate entity.. not truly. i think thats where my ability comes from, im like a drop of water in a river, and these balls of emotion and thought and energy are like ripples and waves.

every thing i ever try to attach to myself as being a quality or aspect of "me" does not stick. i actively shed these things off in a quest for a sort of "life meditation".

i asked the question badly i think. maybe no one can advise me of this, its just something thats between me and God / "I AM"

i only wish i could understand people without being overwhelmed by them.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

Pass the eye bleach!
edit on 24-10-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Look!!! There it is!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
or maybe my REAL problem is, ive never known myself at all.

i have always been overwhelmed by others. and as i get older i do think im getting better at blocking it all out... but i feel empty inside sometimes... lol.. who lives here?

i suppose one thing i have is humor.. and often anger... two sides of the same coin.

but they both seem like things i should work on shedding with the rest.

lol... silly life.
edit on 24-10-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Dear, you didnt really expect to get a serious convo when you mentioned He Man and betty boop didja?

Seriously, I get what you are saying.. constructs of the disturbed mind are.. disturbed. You just dont get much more disturbed than that! In an ancienty context, what could be more odd than something with the head of a man and the body of a lion... since they didnt have betty boop and he man to draw off of...

Its always a good day when some smart arse who can photoshop gets me laughing on ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

About 5 years ago I met this guy who came over to the house. I didn't know him, he was one of my girlfriends friends. When he walked in I kind of got this odd feeling from him. The sick in the stomach something is off feeling...
He came in and stood in the doorway for a few minutes and didn't say much, it was all kind of creepy. Our 2 year old daughter was coming down the hall and right next to him she tripped and bonked her head and started crying, and at that point I saw something I have never seen before.

By your own claim you "see" things that others don't. THEY know this and right away it introduced itself to you.
It hurt your daughter in your presence, then revealed itself before you. Kind of like "Here I am. What do you think?"
Demonic is right. They tend to hide their real identity(lie) and this one presented some kind of cartoonish caricature to you. (even more confusing) Your prescience was working for you. Schizo means Twin and has often been associated with a demonic possession. Don't let this guy back in your home again. Call him and tell him that.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I think I kind of know what you are getting at. Sensory overload. That is a very hard one to overcome, the only way I did it was to seek out a medium. Spirit took care of the rest. When I first became seriously "psychic" (I used to read tarot but never had visions etc) it was so sudden that I overloaded non-stop. Any time someone would ask me questions I would see the answer, or people or things, it was awful. I couldn't shut it off. I eventually had my first experience where I got hurt on a psychic level, I experienced someone else's abuse they experienced as a child and could not shake the feeling for days after. I was scared! It left a mark physically on my chest and my chest hurt badly.
Long story short, I also met my guides during this time as it was my guide "Feather" who removed the psychic trauma.
These kinds of abilities sound fantastic until you experience them, then, well, if you are like me, you kind of back off and rethink what you experience. It is a learning process.

Spirit lead me to a place where almost everyone was dealing with grief and loss, and through sensory overload, I learned to block it out or filter it through so that it was not so hard on me. When you meet someone and before they say a word, you watch as their son dies and know why they are sad, you learn very fast to shield yourself. My body seemed to learn on its own for the most part how not to pick up other peoples "stuff" just through over-exposure. A lot of helpful people that kind of understood what I was talking about helped a lot too.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

If thats what he saw, it just shows you how conflicted the guy was... Two completely opposite images; He-man and betty boo. It implies a mental dichotomy; a broken personality with disparate parts seeking expression. Nothing unites his personality, in other words.

The difference between the ancients and people today is that the ancients werent as paranoid as we are ie; anyone who hears voices is called a 'schizophrenic', crazy, and not worth our time...The stereotype sticks because man is ignorant of his own spiritual condition.

So the jackyl headed human etc, expressed a metaphysical state of being; opposites united together. Man and the archetype.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
right

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That's what I love about ATS, you get all sorts of input!

I'm laughing over the photo LOL!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I sort of have that issue myself. I think its something that most people who deal with a social anxiety encounter.

What keeps energies out? An ego in control. A person who lacks a self confidence is always taking in; always absorbing the energies around him/her. Because of this, when hes not around anyone, he feels sort of empty. He feels this because hes ALWAYS taking in; he takes, instead of gives. Not his fault completely, but its condition he deals with. When hes by himself, hes left in a vacuum. Theres nothing to take in. So its just himself, and you wonder, naturally, "what am I"?

The person with a strong sense of self may experience this feeling as well, but hes much less bothered by it. He experiences and has learned to enjoy - in second nature - the fluctuations of life, the ups and downs.

Its true. Life is the emotions, and without the constructive and expansive emotions of joy, laughter, happiness, life can feel almost empty and purposeless.

Its been said that happiness is self transcendance. The less you acknowledge your own exestential state - the less you think - and the more you experience the inherent beauty and basic goodness of the world around you

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

By your own claim you "see" things that others don't. THEY know this and right away it introduced itself to you.
It hurt your daughter in your presence, then revealed itself before you. Kind of like "Here I am. What do you think?"
Demonic is right. They tend to hide their real identity(lie) and this one presented some kind of cartoonish caricature to you. (even more confusing) Your prescience was working for you. Schizo means Twin and has often been associated with a demonic possession. Don't let this guy back in your home again. Call him and tell him that.

I am not worried about encountering him again but if I did,
you are correct, I would not let him back into my home.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join