It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian website tells kids they are going to die??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

But every single day 150,000 people die, and no doubt each of them that are now in eternity, thought just like you -- that death "will never happen to me."

Death happens to everyone eventually, with or without a god in their life. What a stupid website. Name me one living person who's god has spared them death and they are living eternally on this earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

So if you have 2 apples and i give you 2 more... that isnt basic reasoning skills?

But "all unbaptised children are going to be raped forever in hell by demons unless they pledge their life to jesus" is only logical?

1. So, if you give me 2 apples on top of my 2 and I happen to be in a 3 base system, I have 10 apples. Fact, and reasoned. It only happens to equal 4 when restart is at a higher value--which most people are in a 10 base system (0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc). "but the absolute value is still 4, no matter the change of how you count it!" Really? 2+2 in the banking system, is loaned out as 40. And no wonder most of us can't follow banking--it does not adhere to 2+2=4, but has it's own logic set. So, you fail at your point, enough.

2. Also, I was pointing out that 2+2=4 is TRUTH, yet we still teach it as memorisation instead of teaching why. Mostly because the axioms in it are pretty complicated for a 5-year-old's mind. So, if you did not catch that, you failed to get the point. Again, the ultimate point: "The best we can do is expose children to as much as possible and give them the tools it takes to reason through the information at hand." Does this mean we expose them to every single thing? NO! There is no need to give a Oujia board to a child--ghost, demon, figment if imagination, there's some things a growing mind shouldn't mess with. Most of those things are things that can negatively subjugate the mind before it's fully formed--I'm willing to bet that simple Christianity, while to me is not harmful, to you it is. So be it.

3. What if my point was that Christianity is truth, and hence the Math? (That actually was 1 aspect, the "If it IS TRUTH"--the historical was the "what if" FALSE side.) But because we teach it as wrote- "don't do this!" and "thou shalt not!", instead of a reasoned manner, "Why isn't this done?" "What is the actual sin here?" "Was this even a case of Sin?" then no matter how much truth is ingrained in Christianity, it is lost.

4. That's not a Biblical teaching, that's an exaggerated philosophy derived from "Original Sin"--which not all Christians even remotely believe because there's no real evidence of my sins condemning my children--although I can do a lot to. Many Christians believe that children, when they die, go to God, baptised or not, because they are innocent--even when they do bad things. As it is, there's plenty of Christians who don't believe in Hell (well, there's little to go on, scripturally). And for rape, you've got to assume that there's a body to rape after death. So, you're just having a knee-jerk response?

5. Have you assumed I agreed with anything that STARTED this thread? That's a bit much.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Frira

Jeez did someone steal your goat ? I love christians, they're so understanding and forgiving. Hey you've got your opinion and i have mine. I've even got my own beliefs which hasn't led to millions getting killed for it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

Yep-- exactly what you were counting on-- slap around the Christians and then, when one punches back, you cry "Foul!" because you WANT Christians to sit and take your garbage. You think we are supposed to be pacifists? You think wrong.

You want understanding? I gave it to you-- you were expressing your hate. I understood.

You want forgiveness? Not until you you stop slapping Christians around.

The Christian faith has not led to millions of deaths. Just one. In the Name of Christ, many people do what they want for their own purposes. That breaks a commandment-- and it happens. How about this-- more people have killed Christians for their faith than Christians have killed non-believers for not believing.

So take your accusing finger, and stick it in the nearest mirror, and cry "Abuser!"

Then trot back under your bridge.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
An appeal to fear, is a logical fallacy that the weaker minded are far more susceptible to. Either your critical thinking is flawed, or fear is strong enough to cover it up. Who better to use such a fallacy on than children, who haven't realized that the world really doesn't care whats best for them yet?

Of course, I don't think we should cover death up to children. There's an age where they should easily be able to accept eventual death, at least by not thinking about it too badly until they're older. I strongly disagree with fearmongering with it though. Teaching anyone to be unable to come to terms with their mortality, and making them willing to believe anything that says they won't die(or stay dead, or whatever), is down right unethical. People should naturally come to terms with their mortality, and it should never be used as a tool against anyone.

The only worse case of fear mongering is the threat of Hell, which the mere thought that it may possibly exist many find horrifying, sometimes enough to convince themselves of things to appeal to that fear.

~
I didn't view the original link, I don't know the context of website. There's my rant, how much it applies to the case in question, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I was forced ot be a christian as a child and yes i remember the doom and gloom they preached daily. We were told we will die die die, it did keep us from sinnoing but the fear it created, am happy i ran from their faith way back when i was old enough to rebel.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Sure, sure, Christians are always right, sorry i forgot that little fact. Take your dogma and feed it to children, they're about the only ones uneducated enough to fall for it these days. It's fair enough to have belief but to force children to believe before they've developed the ability for rational thought is just an abuse, in my opinion.

Do you really believe only one person has died for christianity ? I suspect you may be in a minority there.

Anyway i've learnt the pointlessness of conversing with religous fanatics, it's a waste of my time and yours. You should be out helping the sick and needy.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: darn typos

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

You have got to be kidding me. If you think that anyone claiming to be a Christian, is a Christian then this is a lost cause. If I start a company called" "Levitate Now" does that mean I have the power to float or make people float?. "By their deeds you shall know them". Does that ring a bell? Just another God smearing campaign huh?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Jerisa

You have got to be kidding me. If you think that anyone claiming to be a Christian, is a Christian then this is a lost cause. If I start a company called" "Levitate Now" does that mean I have the power to float or make people float?. "By their deeds you shall know them". Does that ring a bell? Just another God smearing campaign huh?

Christian means to believe in Jesus and believe the bible was biblical inspired. Evil some devil worshiping cults are technically christians.

No True Scotsman

If you want to create special criteria for what you call a christian or not, no one else is gonna follow it. You can't redefine a faith into something better or lacking bad people by having the definition exclude those. If I said only moral atheists were true atheists, and thus all atheists are very moral, it would be the same fallacy. Instead, every religion(or lack of) has bad apples, and no one should try to deny that.

Of course, we have to be careful with Ad Hominems when noting the bad people in a religion, as that's another fallacy in itself.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So what? It's just a BS game website that tells you if you are going to die or not... The answer will be yes for all of us. I really don't care if they are telling our kids a scientific fact.... We are all going to die.

So what if it talks about Jesus? This is the internet and they will come across all kinds of things, much worse than this. It is your responsibility as parents to keep them safe, protected and to answer any questions they might have about life, death or anything else.

Don't blame websites... If you don't want your kids to see things like this, then you better monitor them better. That is just a general you, by the way. Not aimed at anyone.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

First off the link does not take you to any Christian web site, just some blog saying this stupid game came from a Christian web site. Second if this is true that it did in fact come from a site claiming to be Christian , it is safe to say they are not Christians because a true Christian would not delve into this type of occult crap.

I find this as credible as someone advertising a Muslim site that offers free PORK for a year to the best cartoon of Mohammed . This post fails on many levels .

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

My point exactly. So who is to say these so called Christians are Christians? The Bible says if a man comes to town claiming to be a man of God ,you will know if he is telling the truth by the way he acts and speaks. Not by his claims!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You're right. And the blog in the OP makes it seem like this website is aimed at children, but it's a website. Anyone can access it. I still find it disgusting how religions use fear to convert people, children included.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH!

Everybody dies at some point in their lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

My point exactly. So who is to say these so called Christians are Christians? The Bible says if a man comes to town claiming to be a man of God ,you will know if he is telling the truth by the way he acts and speaks. Not by his claims!!!!

You're point exactly?

I was saying the exact opposite. Christian does not mean good person. And plenty of bad people are christians. There's bad people of every faith, and christians can't use the No True Scotsman Fallacy to make their faith immune to that fact.

Anyways, the bible also has plenty of emphasis on death. Even death of (innocent)children, either caused by God or ordered by him. You could use bible scriptures to justify fearmongering children with the idea that they're gonna die.

The best you could say, is that "These people aren't acting in accordance to how I personally interpret the bible's message for how we should act is." You cannot, in any way, say they aren't christian just because you condemn what they do.

As a side note, Westboro baptist church members are christian too, even if most christians disagree with their actions.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have been a Christian for close to 50 years, and everything that I have ever learned would definitely not condone what this website is doing..

These people at living waters publications look to be re-making Christianity to fit their own personal and overzealous views so they can persue some sort of agenda.. It doesn't represent any true Christians that I have ever known..

These folks do not represent real Christians in any way..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Frira

Sure, sure, Christians are always right, sorry i forgot that little fact. Take your dogma and feed it to children, they're about the only ones uneducated enough to fall for it these days. It's fair enough to have belief but to force children to believe before they've developed the ability for rational thought is just an abuse, in my opinion.

Do you really believe only one person has died for christianity ? I suspect you may be in a minority there.

Anyway i've learnt the pointlessness of conversing with religous fanatics, it's a waste of my time and yours. You should be out helping the sick and needy.

edit on 24-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: darn typos

Did I hurt the ego of the little troll? Awwww. Poor, poor thing.

I don't force my faith on anyone-- share it with few-- and only if they are asking. My faith was against the will of my mother (my father merely watched on with fatherly interest), and I have a Masters in Theology-- in part, by academic scholarship.

All that kind of blows your stereo-type, doesn't it? And yet, while I am not what you want to characterize me to be, you remain a hateful little troll.

What is "pointless" for you, is attempting to refute your intellectual superiors. The word is "arrogance". I bet it happens in your life a lot.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

What is "pointless" for you, is attempting to refute your intellectual superiors. The word is "arrogance". I bet it happens in your life a lot.

Oh how i laughed

Got any more hypocrisy to share ?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Can I ask why you think this is 'for kids'?

And I have to say, that I found no offensive things about it.
Yes, it sounds like its going to tell your date of death and so on, but it doesn't.

And they even begin to talk about that they cant predict the death, but that no one can escape death.

Any fear here?

From this site: www.gospeltractguide.com...

It says, "Death Beth is the gospel tract site targeted towards unsaved teenagers, check it out."

I don't like the content; but teenagers know about their mortality. While that is not nearly as alarmist as saying "kids" it comes off like an idea that originated in a "youth group" discussion, and probably ought to have stayed there. Still, it is for teenagers, not toddlers.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you thought that website was bad check this one out Christwire.org

I found the China sandstorm story particularly amusing though I'm sure there's a few more on there worth a chuckle.

hehe it is actually a spoof site but it's fun anyway

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Uh, you mean - people actually die???
)

Why ?
Why do we have to die ?
At least if I would have found out about this when I was younger. I wouldn't be so devastated now. Woe is me. Don't teach them about death, don't teach em about life, don't teach em anything. Right ? When their born just toss em in the toy box and let em fend for their selves right ?

Next homosexuals are gonna be telling us how kids should be raised and that will be armageddon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join