It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian website tells kids they are going to die??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ok, so i came across this website that basically uses the ouji theory for kids to play to find out how they are going to die. The interesting part of this is that when looked into further by the below link, it is actually coming from a very well known christian site. I find this completely distasteful, misleading and very disturbing that people are resorting to these tactics to get their agenda across.

see link provided, your thoughts appreciated.

www.sync-blog.com... %3A+Sync-TheTechAndGadgetsBlog+%28sync%3A+the+tech+and+gadgets+blog%29

edit on 24-10-2011 by Jerisa because: spell check

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of organized religion, per se, but perhaps the world might be a better place if we were raised aware of our own mortality?
Just throwing that one out there

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Funny i was only today thinking that teaching children about religion in either a sunday school or madrass is pretty similar to child abuse. If this religion stuff is self evident wouldn't people buy into it without being brainwashed from an early age.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is Christian evangelicals manipulating children with the use of curiosity and fear. That's what they do. Fear is the great motivator and it works as well with children as it does with adults.

Disgusting!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Wait... Hold on... Are you telling me that??? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

geeezz! I was just fine going through life with my blinders on!

I guess I better break out the ol' plastic bubble, curl up in the fetal position and prepare to expire!

I agree with you Aestheteka!

We need to be "real" with our kids about life and death.

We shouldn't be afraid to die or we will be afraid to live.

My motto... My signature.

Love Red

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree.

It's these type of "Christians" that give all Christianity a bad name.

Hellfire and Brimstone! It is fearful and disgusting, and especially when targeted towards those who are susceptible like children

Why not God is Love?

What happened to overcoming the Old Testament?

I don't normally discuss religion on here but that website is just creepy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Uh, you mean - people actually die???
)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

For me, it wasn't the "we all die" but the creepy hellfire!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
interesting how it doesn't have an option for old age

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
True Christianity is lead by Jesus Christ, the most humble, loving, caring, King in the entire universe. Someone who has the love of God in their heart would never post anything like that as a way to get people to come to Jesus. Sadly, that's the way this world is today. The more these kinds of people profess with their mouths to be lovers of Christ, the chances are that they are actually in the grasp of another god.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can I ask why you think this is 'for kids'?

And I have to say, that I found no offensive things about it.
Yes, it sounds like its going to tell your date of death and so on, but it doesn't.

And they even begin to talk about that they cant predict the death, but that no one can escape death.

Any fear here?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

I've just eaten venison. It was shot in the forest behind my house this weekend. My kids love watching the deer, they also like eating them. They were raised aware of how nature works and how they fit into that cycle.
it always stuns me where dead pig is referred to as pork, dead cow as beef, etc and it is taboo to suggest that such foodstuffs once walked the Earth.
If people realised that they only have a few decades to live they might actually start doing so. Religion gains ground by making people fear what comes next, in order to control what they do now. Surely it's more logical to do what you enjoy now as NOBODY truly knows what comes next. I've personally experienced so many possible variations of what comes next that I think even that is a free-for-all.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Funny i was only today thinking that teaching children about religion in either a sunday school or madrass is pretty similar to child abuse. If this religion stuff is self evident wouldn't people buy into it without being brainwashed from an early age.
Not that easy. Were you ever told why 2+2=4 in your entire life? "but it's so blatantly obvious that it equals 4 because it does! Itdoesitdoesitdoes! Have you ever seen the work it takes to prove this? Poorfs on values of numbers and simple math are far more complex than what we teach the masses...
Here and here...for starters.

..yet we still simply teach that 2+2=4, and we're taught 2+2=4 by people who can't follow the axioms required to prove this, nor who could tell you the assumptions going in that makes this work.

And this is Math, the most rigid of the education system.

We teach history, although history is full of swiss-cheese sized holes--like we teach that Christopher Columbus was attempting to prove that the world was round--which is an outright lie. We also have taught that he was the first to discover America--and that's a lie by lack of having enough information.

So, you take away this presupposed lie of religion, yet insist upon teaching both truth and lies to children through an education system without PROVING things to them.

You can't get away from misinformed education, nor can you get away from teaching by memorisation. The best you can do is give kids a wide variety of education, and the ability to think through what they are given as fact.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

So if you have 2 apples and i give you 2 more... that isnt basic reasoning skills?

But "all unbaptised children are going to be raped forever in hell by demons unless they pledge their life to jesus" is only logical?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Im not sure what maths has to do with religion - i don't see your point, but maybe that's just me. Very young children are very impressionable, if you belong to a group that's inspired by religion why not wait untill they're older ? If they taught comparative religion , yeah fine, but they don't do they.

It's just about "getting them while they're young".

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
Ok, so i came across this website that basically uses the ouji theory for kids to play to find out how they are going to die. The interesting part of this is that when looked into further by the below link, it is actually coming from a very well known christian site. I find this completely distasteful, misleading and very disturbing that people are resorting to these tactics to get their agenda across.

Churches are trying hard these days to be relevant. The cards have a dark theme because that's what's "in" right now. Not sure if you submitted your own info on the "DeathBeth.com" link, but basically when you do it tells you what we already know- we all die at some point. They then follow it with the typical salvation message- that we're all sinners in need of salvation, etc. I don't really see anything distasteful about it, it is a bit misleading perhaps (in that the site is actually delivering a religious message which is in contrast to the apparent dark theme of the card) but it's an interesting marketing approach.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Funny i was only today thinking that teaching children about religion in either a sunday school or madrass is pretty similar to child abuse.

Hyperbole. If you know anything about child abuse, you would never say such a thing.

If this religion stuff is self evident wouldn't people buy into it without being brainwashed from an early age.

Who says it is self-evident?

"brainwashed"-- more hyperbole.

You really had nothing to say other than to express your hate of that which is beyond your understanding.

Get back under your bridge.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh no kids going through life with a fear for their own mortality? Just think of the implications!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Jeez did someone steal your goat ? I love christians, they're so understanding and forgiving. Hey you've got your opinion and i have mine. I've even got my own beliefs which hasn't led to millions getting killed for it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

My first reaction was "Stop the presses! Someone is telling kids the truth!"

Seriously, people. What benefit is there from hiding the truth from kids? Who, besides the Christmas industry, benefits from children believing that Santa Claus exists and is bringing them presents every year until they are 12?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join