It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thugs beat 84-year-old man in cruel game of 'get the old geezer'...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Their race has nothing to do with why they did it... The only thing shocking is that people still seem to have issues with race, in this day and age.

Their race has nothing to do with it...thats correct...It's the double standard public reaction that is the issue.

When an old white guy is beaten by blacks...The story will just casually drift out of the headlines...

But when an old black man is beaten by whites...The story will explode across the headlines and will be used to fan the flames of racial hatred

I'm pretty sure you meant that the other way around.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Please don't misunderstand me....I'm not trying to start an argument and mess up this thread. But I think it's wrong to say one race is more violent than another. There are good and bad in every race. I don't want to argue, so I'll leave it at that.
edit on 10/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 547000

Please don't misunderstand me....I'm not trying to start an argument and mess up this thread. But I think it's wrong to say one race is more violent than another. There are good and bad in every race. I don't want to argue, so I'll leave it at that.
edit on 10/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

I did not say they are inherently violent. But most gangsta criminals turn out to be blacks. And I blame the way they are portrayed in media.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Another senseless crime spawned by some of the ignorant of the Americanaz. I don't know what types of mind states these individuals have to possess to attack an elder with no compassion. But this along with many other ignorant behaviors shows there is much that needs addressed with this entire planet. Its a sad day when an elder has to worry about being attacked but unfortunately Earths genetics HAVE been degraded somewhat since.... From all the hate -greed -racism -WARS that have no justification, all evol negative distractions that ensure the genetics degrade along with the spiritual integrity these genetics assist in developing. IN TIME THE SEPARATIONS OF THE WHEAT AND CHAFF MAY OCCUR. But 1 wishes this didn't have to occur and that ALL can see they are family here and beyond, instead IGNORANCE DONE BY A SPECIES TO A SPECIES SMH... Hope he recovers from this stupidity. RACISM 1 of the demons best tools* can turn a species on itself, throw some religious hate and there you have it a species set to SELF DESTRUCT DUE TO THEM NOT RECOGNIZING THEY ARE 1... Why behind the scenes not seeing who the TRUE enemy is..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 547000

There are good and bad in every race. I don't want to argue, so I'll leave it at that.

[color=gold]
Yes there is StealthyKat and that goes for species* as well
(WHEAT&CHAFF) keep that positive frequency vibrating UP it can assist/help those of the species vibrating on a lower frequency overall.
NAMASTE*******

edit on 10/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I know you didn't respond to me, but I felt compelled.

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't know what disgusts me more, the crime or the racist spin of the OP. Where is your scientific evidence that blacks are more violent than whites? What is different about their brains, brain chemistry, testosterone levels or physiology in general? Nothing? Skin color is all?

Correct.

Gosh, deny ignorance right? Disproportionate numbers are a direct reflection of a disproportionate amount of blacks in poverty. Compare some numbers of ethnic groups (including whites) that commit these type of thuggish crimes. Then compare those numbers to people in those ethnic groups under the age of 25 that are below the poverty line. You will find correlation. That is unless you'd rather keep eating the propaganda that helps keep us divided and unless you prefer to be a racist pig.

What you are seeing is less about race than it is about culture, even with these "racists" you are labeling. There is more than one culture of poverty, but the most violent one seems to exist in downtown areas. This is a cultural problem, obviously, because whites, latinos, etc in those areas seem as prone to it as blacks do.

While this obviously detaches it from race, it does not mean that this culture is counter-productive by their own making. Because poverty exists does not mean that crimes are more likely in all cases. A good number of people in my area, and even neighborhood (even me and my kids) are poor. The crime rate here is low, actually very low.

Removing blame for these cultural pitfalls from the community and people and attributing it to poverty itself is a specious argument at best.

Peace
KJ

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't as articulate I should have been there, I let my buttons be pushed. In no way is poverty an excuse to be a thug or criminal of any sort. What these boys did was horrible and they should be persecuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pot8er
How come its wrong to assume its black kids doing this sort of stuff, when most of this sort of stuff that I've seen is black kids doing it ?
They are emulating their media enduced rap heroes

Their race has nothing to do with it...thats correct...It's the double standard public reaction that is the issue.

When an old white guy is beaten by blacks...The story will just casually drift out of the headlines...

But when an old black man is beaten by whites...The story will explode across the headlines and will be used to fan the flames of racial hatred
edit on 21-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enoch Powell
Here is a decent, ordinary fellow-Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that the country will not be worth living in for his children. I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking – not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history.

We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependants, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancées whom they have never seen.

The other dangerous delusion from which those who are wilfully or otherwise blind to realities suffer, is summed up in the word "integration." To be integrated into a population means to become for all practical purposes indistinguishable from its other members.
Now, at all times, where there are marked physical differences, especially of colour, integration is difficult though, over a period, not impossible. There are among the Commonwealth immigrants who have come to live here in the last fifteen years or so, many thousands whose wish and purpose is to be integrated and whose every thought and endeavour is bent in that direction.
But to imagine that such a thing enters the heads of a great and growing majority of immigrants and their descendants is a ludicrous misconception, and a dangerous one.

Back in the 1960's, Powell knew full well what the dangers of bringing hundreds of different cultures to the UK were. In 2011, it is plain to see that he is right, and a near taboo to openly state so.

We want our country back.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]What is amazing to me is the lack of respect for the elderly anymore these days.

Is that statement a sign that I am getting old?!

Seriously though, what is wrong with 'kids these days'. Crap. Did I just say that? Maybe I really am getting old.

Sickening that people aren't raising their kids better than this.

They ought to know better than that. CRAP. I sound just like my parents.
edit on 21-10-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Someday soon you will read a story about how several black youths were shot to death by a white man. Farakhan, Sharton, Jackson et al will get on the news and be given well more than the non-deserved 15 minutes of fame to fan the racial hatred toward the white man that shot them. What will be buried in the story is that the black youth were attempting beat and rob the man who happened to be a concealed carry holder and he stood up to them.

We will have to hear from their [dead-beat] mothers about what good kids they were. We'll have to hear the media running an endless parade of drive-by snippets about how bad guns are. We'll have to listen to a bunch of liberal talking heads condemning vigilante justice. And all of it will be sickening to average Americans.

The double standard will be trotted out in front of the entire country and yet people will continue to deny that it exists.

This sickens me to no end. That is why I always have my Sig P239 in .40S&W strapped on - and I ain't afraid to use it!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

That's exactly the same decision I made. (and you can drop the .40 to a 9mm but you can't raise a 9mm to a .40)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Chose the .40 because it has the best that the 9 offers - accuracy - and the best that the .45 offers - stopping power! And believe me, I WILL be STOPPING any punk who thinks attacking me might be fun or lucrative.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Philly: Before you go to the link, take a guess who is assaulting whom. Then tell me how shocked you are.

I don't get it?

What am I supposed to guess?

Who is it SUPPOSED to be?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sorry, I wasn't specifically accusing you. I do, however, hear the excuse frequently enough though. Not so much as an excuse, but more of a reason.

I do agree that race is less of a factor than culture and location. The idea that blacks are more violent is statistically correct, but I think it has less to do with their physiology than their cultural connections.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hey tread upon - before you read the link - GUESS who did it? Now, apparently your logic sucks.

Mob of ??? Teens Hunt down and Kill>>>>man

Shocker. Where was that again? That's right - every white person in the south is a racist who will kill for no reason. At least according to your logic. Well done racists!

CJ

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

Because you refuse to accept white people do this all the time to. It's news to folks like the OP because they have color blinders on aka, they don't like people of other color. Simple really.

CJ

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Chose the .40 because it has the best that the 9 offers - accuracy - and the best that the .45 offers - stopping power! And believe me, I WILL be STOPPING any punk who thinks attacking me might be fun or lucrative.

Actually, for personal protection the 9mm offers the best range of options for a variety of reasons.

In terms of stopping power, I don't know why the one shot stop is so lauded as it really doesn't fit the real world. The differences in stopping power, however, have become fairly small these days with the massive improvement of the ammunition used.

What the 9 does have that is critical in defense, is capacity. The 9 carries more rounds and has less time between shots.

As a practical matter, I find 9mm rounds to be far cheaper also, which is nice. Not trying to down the .40 or .45, but I prefer 9mm and .357.

To each their own though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Imagine the out-cry if it had been four white punks beating an old black man...The sky would be falling.

I would track these heartless, arrogant punks down, convict them and then force them to do a couple years of "heavy labor" chained at the ankles, breaking big granite rocks into little granite rocks with sledge hammers, from sun up till sun down, seven days a week in blazing sun, freezing snow and pouring rain and i would allow them to only drink a little water and feed them bread with no butter two times a day.All within view of a beach filled with normal and free people,or within view of an expressway with normal and free people continuously driving by them. Thats what i would consider a brutal and just punishment...

There are actually World War 2 veterans that are attacked in this same way...
edit on 21-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This incident reminded me first of "Clockwork Orange" and how Alex and his drewgs beat up the old homeless guy just for fun. He got his just dues later in the movie. Alex and his mates were sure in it for the kicks (pun intended) and I'm sure this is true in this case. Thug is a good label, it is accurate and doesn't involve race. I'd add cruel and cowardly to thug in this case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join