It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does astrology really fit who you are ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Astrology is a number of belief systems which hold that there is a relationship between visible astronomical phenomena and events in the human world. In the West, astrology most often consists of a system of horoscopes that claim to predict aspects of an individual's personality or life history based on the positions of the sun, moon, and planetary objects at the time of their birth. Many other cultures have attached importance to astronomical events, and the Indian, Chinese, and Mayan cultures developed elaborate systems for predicting terrestrial events from celestial observations.

Is astrology real, can you really tell something about someone by asking him or her 'when is your birthday'?

Are you happy with your sign?

Would you trade signs if you could?

Do the above videos speak the truth about the characteristics they portray about you ?

edit on 18-10-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Almost a 100% match here. Although I'm a bit more motivated and aggressive than the average Taurus.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes I am very much a Gemini... unfortunately for everyone around me.

I don't think I'd trade it for the world though! I can adapt to any situation. Person, place, or thing. I have worked on some of the negative traits. While i don't really get much out of daily horoscope type stuff, I really feel that my astrological sign has an impact on my personality. I'm 27 and only started reading about Gemini traits 3 years ago. I was amazed at how similar I am to the description. As well as other Gemini's that I meet.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not even close for me usually never is though. Astrology is kinda like the bible or nostradamus prophesies, you can make correlations till the cows come home if you look hard enough.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the thing with astrology is, that it is complete nonsense, but it is constructed in a way that it always somehow fits, just to make YOU belief its for real.

numerous tries to bring some sort of scientific proof that astrology is trustworthy failed, soooo

who cares for something wether it matches or not if the whole affair is nothing more than some hot air ?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Almost a 100% match here. Although I'm a bit more motivated and aggressive than the average Taurus.

when it comes to celebrities,do any of these fit you?

•Ackerman, Malin (12 May)
•Adele (5 May)
•Agassi, Andre (29 April)
•Alba, Jessica (28 April)
•Albright, Madeleine (15 May)
•Anderson, Wes (1 May)
•Andrews, Erin (4 May)
•Ashcroft, John (9 May)
•Astaire, Fred (10 May)
•Audubon, John J. (26 April)
•Azaria, Hank (25 April)
•Barbaro (29 April)
•Beckham, David (2 May)
•Berlin, Irving (11 May)
•Berra, Yogi (12 May)
•Berrigan, Daniel (9 May)
•Blair, Tony (6 May)
•Blanchett, Cate (14 May)
•Bly, Nellie (5 May)
•Bono (10 May)
•Booth, John Wilkes (10 May)
•Brahms, Johannes (7 May)
•Brontë, Charlotte (21 April)
•Brosnan, Pierce (16 May)
•Brown, Antoinette (20 May)
•Brown, Chris (5 May)
•Browning, Robert (7 May)
•Brown, James (3 May)
•Brown, John (9 May)
•Buchanan, James (23 April)
•Bunker, Chang and Eng (11 May)
•Burnett, Carol (26 April)
•Bush, Prescott (15 May)
•Byrne, David (14 May)
•Campbell, Glen (22 April)
•Campion, Jane (30 April)
•Capra, Frank (18 May)
•Carlin, George (12 May)
•Carter, Howard (9 May)
•Casta, Laetitia (11 May)
•Cedric The Entertainer (24 April)
•Chapman, Mark David (10 May)
•Cher (20 May)
•Clarke, Melinda (24 April)
•Clarkson, Kelly (24 April)
•Clement, Edith Brown (29 April)
•Clooney, George (6 May)
•Colbert, Stephen (13 May)
•Condit, Gary (21 April)
•Cook, Robin (4 May)
•Cooper, Gary (7 May)
•Coppola, Sofia (14 May)
•Cosgrove, Miranda (14 May)
•Craig, Yvonne (16 May)
•Cromwell, Oliver (25 April

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
Yes I am very much a Gemini... unfortunately for everyone around me.

I don't think I'd trade it for the world though! I can adapt to any situation. Person, place, or thing. I have worked on some of the negative traits. While i don't really get much out of daily horoscope type stuff, I really feel that my astrological sign has an impact on my personality. I'm 27 and only started reading about Gemini traits 3 years ago. I was amazed at how similar I am to the description. As well as other Gemini's that I meet.

I am a Gemini also ,tell me please what future predictions you have...you do understand our gift is to see the future.

•Abdul, Paula (19 June)
•Adair, Red (18 June)
•Adu, Freddy (2 June)
•al-Zawahiri, Ayman (19 June)
•Anthony, Carmelo (29 May)
•Atkins, Chet (20 June)
•Auberjonois, René (1 June)
•Aung San Suu Kyi (19 June)
•Baker, Josephine (3 June)
•Bakley, Bonny Lee (7 June)
•Ban Ki-moon (13 June)
•Barbeau, Adrienne (11 June)
•Barris, Chuck (3 June)
•Barros, Ana Beatriz (29 May)
•Beasley, DaMarcus (24 May)
•Bell, Art (17 June)
•Bellow, Saul (10 June)
•Bening, Annette (29 May)
•Berners-Lee, Tim (8 June)
•Biafra, Jello (17 June)
•Biden, Jill (5 June)
•Blanc, Mel (30 May)
•Bleeth, Yasmine (14 June)
•Bonham Carter, Helena (26 May)
•Boone, Pat (1 June)
•Botwright, Vicky (18 June)
•Bourne, Randolph (30 May)
•Brand, Russell (4 June)
•Brooks, Gwendolyn (7 June)
•Burghoff, Gary (24 May)
•Busey, Brook (14 June)
•Bush, Barbara Pierce (First Lady) (8 June)
•Bush, George Herbert Walker (12 June)
•Campbell, Naomi (22 May)
•Carey, Drew (23 May)
•Carson, Rachel (27 May)
•Carver, Raymond (25 May)
•Casiraghi, Andrea (8 June)
•Cassatt, Mary (22 May)
•Castro, Raul (3 June)
•Cera, Michael (7 June)
•Chabon, Michael (24 May)
•Christo (13 June)
•Church, Thomas Haden (17 June)
•Clijsters, Kim (8 June)
•Clooney, Rosemary (23 May)
•Coffin, William Sloane (1 June)
•Colfer, Chris (27 May)
•Collins, Joan (23 May)
•Cooper, Anderson (3 June)
•Cousteau, Jacques-Yves (11 June)
•Cox, Courteney (15 June)
•Cox, Nikki (2 June)
•Crick, Francis (8 June)
•Curtis, Tony (3 June)
•Dahmer, Jeffrey (21 May)
•Dano, Paul (19 June)
•Darren, James (8 June)
•Davenport, Lindsay (8 June)
•Davis, Jefferson (3 June)
•Davis, Miles

for the love of being a gemini.i didnt know Dahmer, Jeffrey was a gemini.lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Not even close for me usually never is though. Astrology is kinda like the bible or nostradamus prophesies, you can make correlations till the cows come home if you look hard enough.

Whats your sign AllUrChips ?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Define "fit" me. I do not believe that anything a celebrity does is a true reflection of who they are. It's all a PR campaign anytime they speak.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Define "fit" me. I do not believe that anything a celebrity does is a true reflection of who they are. It's all a PR campaign anytime they speak.

such as traits that might fit you.
PR' lol,but your right.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm more of a numerology man.

What people don't know about Astrology is that there are three main signs that govern you.

Sun, Moon, Ascendant.

Most people just read the sun, and ignore or they are never aware of the others.

But I enjoy numerology more. I use some of the concepts of Pythagoras (The core concept numbers - Life Path - Expression - Soul Number - Personality Number - Maturity Number) but I use the calculation methods of Chaldean numerology.

Still running tests with this method. So far, it's been pretty accurate in describing the potential of others.

My avatar is my Numerology profile according to this method.

Oh yeah, my sun sign is Scorpio in Sidereal. In the tropical Zodiac, it's Libra/Scorpio cusp.
My moon sign is Taurus, and my rising is Aries.

In The tropical zodiac, my moon sign and ascendant are on cusps, so I'm just a metaphysical mutt lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
matches me about right :p
(Aquarius)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Whats your sign AllUrChips ?

Well If I didnt know anybody Id say you were hitting on me! jk I am an aries

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
At the moment of your birth, imagine a camera snapping a shot of the heavens:

The Sun
The Moon
Mercury
Venus
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Pluto

They are all traveling in orbit around the sun in constellations. Each piece of pie heaven is a sign.
Each sign means something different, as well as each planet.
Now take for example:
Venus in Gemini: You may love computers or chatting with your friends
Mars in Leo: You may act like the center of the universe, love attention etc.....
Mercury in Taurus: A slow methodical thinker........

Your Sun sign is just a slice of a composite natal chart......
Now imagine the planets are neighbors on a street, some get along, some dont...

Just like in geometry, these "planets" make aspects to the other planets for good, neutral or bad energy....You have conjunctions, squares, oppositions and trines...
Maybe your Venus loves to dance, but your Mars is in an introverted sign so you will only dance in private....

Reading a horoscope is a complex task that takes many years to understand. It is a completely different language....

One that I find totally intriguing

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's not real.

1. The earth has shifted since the charts were first developed so even if it was real in the first place (which it wasn't) it wouldn't be accurate now anyway.

2. scientists got a a one year horoscope prediction drawn up for one particular starsign which also included the personality of the starsign. Then using that predection placed it under the name of all the star signs and hit the street asking people their starsign and then giving them a card with the prediction. Every person of every different starsign said that it described their year and personality to a T.

Refer to Richard Dawkins. Enemies of reason.

So there ya go.
edit on 18-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
It's not real.

1. The earth has shifted since the charts were first developed so even if it was real in the first place (which it wasn't) it wouldn't be accurate now anyway.

2. scientists got a a one year horoscope prediction drawn up for one particular starsign which also included the personality of the starsign. Then using that predection placed it under the name of all the star signs and hit the street asking people their starsign and then giving them a card with the prediction. Every person of everydifferent starsign said that it decribed their year and personality to a T.

Refer to Richard Dawkins. Enemies of reason.

So there ya go.
edit on 18-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

Yes you are correct, it is called the precession of equinoxes......However in Vedic astrology they use sidereal times and western astrology uses tropical....so actually they can be very accurate. You would be surprised! Astrology is not a science but a type of divination, it depends upon the reader who gets the impressions from the client, just like tarot cards or psychic readings.

This may help explain a little further..
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i am a classic Taurus.... (year of the Rat, element: Earth/Wood)

Jerry Seinfeld
Uma Thurman
share the same date in April with me

hobbies wood carving,
vocation Civil Engineer retired

however:
Owl, Turtle & Cave Bear are my animal spirit guides & i'm sure neither Seinfeld nor Uma have that group

My E-Harmony personality report reflects the Taurus, Earth+Wood, engineering points quite profoundly, the only way off base thing is that i'm a dedicated beer drinker since i was on my own from, 16 to present
edit on 18-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't believe it is accurate. Pluto now is a block of ice getting smaller and smaller and mover further away from the Sun and yet, astrologers still use it in their constellations as a ruling planet for Scorpio.

that is not correct...they just don't seem to keep abreast with the changes...thats why I don't agree with astrology. It is interesting though!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes, true astrology really can tell us who we are and what our destiny may be.
But not the astrology that is told to us by the nut jobs that think they know what they are talking about, don't listen to them.
I'm sure some people come close to the true meaning of astrology of I doubt anyone has cracked the code of the stars 100%

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Scorpio here, one point that is clearly not me and that is that I desire "Money and Power". Absolutely not!

As well, we all know that Scorpio is a jealous thing, but I am not! Sure I have coveted things in the past but I learned by my mistakes and now value others and their attractions. I am past that!

Other than that, Scorpios are quite easily understood; they walk the dark with a ray of Light!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join