It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Intense moment of TRUTH with MAINSTREAM Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

FANTASTIC - now there's a guy with gumption - he damn well knows what a President should be saying and doing and knows it has to change.

The others are sitting listening and thinking "I wish I had the balls to say what I know" but they don't have the courage of their convictions - if they have any.

Yeah Make Him President!

Great Thread - luv it. S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I remember first watching this rant by Dylan a couple of months ago after " Mox " at Youtube posted it.
I still find it an amazing rant and you could tell he meant every word.

Well done for bringing this one back to people`s attention !

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I hope people realize they make a difference.

Whatever it is, everyone on here has an opinion. How can you blame the OWS people or your friend thats in debt and can't find a job.

We really are coming together as a people. Your voice and your opinion should be told and will be listened to.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What he's suggesting is that we restore the corporate restrictions that stared with Teddy Roosevelt and were originally put in place to...

Put an end to the rise of corporate tyranny and put an end to policies that maintained the wealth and power for an elite few, and sided for the people.

When he left office William Taft took office as a pro- corporate president. Following him 4 years later Woodrow Wilson took office for 2 terms during which he continued some of Roosevelt's policies he left office in 1921 and was followed by Warren Harding and Calvin Coolidge. During that time the income and wealth inequalities rose again to similar level as before TDR. Calvin Coolidge left office in 1929, and later that year the stock market crashed, which began the great depression of 1930 and lasted into the late '30's to early '40's. His presidency was then followed by Herbert Hoover who served one term and left office in 1933.

Franklin D Roosevelt took office in 1933 and implemented the New Deal based on the idea that the catastrophe was unacceptable and should be corrected through government action which focused on...

Reigning in the the powerful and wealthy elite few....

By imposing regulations on the those corporate entities.

The government took an active role in job creation, which was quite successful.

He served 4 terms in office during which his administration brought us out of the great depression and he died in office in April 1945.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Nice history lesson, times have changed.

The corporations have their roots in the government now. They've grown into a full grown tree.

Whats the solution? If you cut it down its gonna land on someone (millions). If you let it grow it will become more of a monster for future generations to take care of.

Whats the solution?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Whats the solution?

For the government to take back control which is not gonna be an easy task. Not the way things are these days gads they don't fight very nicely.

It was interesting though to hear that sentiment voiced in the media, because I had been in the processes of getting all my ducks in a row to create a thread regarding just that idea.

edit on 10/16/11 by Pixiefyre because: I just realized your name on here was litterbaux and my avatar is a cat!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Searched and couldn't find this here and maybe it was posted earlier under a different title but thought it deserved a fresh thread if so.

There may be some editing here but the message is the same. This is what we are all feeling and saying and here it is in a nutshell.

Dylan Ratigan loses it! This is what we all need to be standing for. This is what we are saying. This is what others need to see.

This is about all of us...

Peace

edit on 16-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I suggest people post this on their twitter and Facebook accounts.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Check out 1:17 the people meant to be working in the back turning around to see what the hell is going on over there.

Such a heart felt speech and seemed pretty much made up as he went which immediately makes it more profound than a planned rehearsed speech. goodstuff!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Amazing! The truth finally comes out. Bottom line is America has been raped, financially and politically. Our jobs are gone, our manufacturing capacity, and Trillions of dollars stolen from us by the banks, brokers, and politicians.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by subcsailor
Interesting Rant. I wonder what he sees as a fix. Money out of politics? Does he imply take money away from the federal government? How far does this argument go?

Well his stance is getting the money out of political system. What he is proposing and what he is doing on his website is trying to get a constitutional amendment to remove private money out of public elections. It is his belief that if we take that away we would receive a government that is interested in governing again.

Also it should be noted he was one of the few talkingheads that acknowledged OWS when it was just a handful of students in the park.
edit on 16-10-2011 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

I like that idea. But you still need cash to run a campaign. Don't want the rich to be the only ones running. So how about this. You send your supports out there to get signatures between this date and that date. And for every signature you get the Feds give you one dollars for your campaign. So something along those lines. We need some people that are not from "money" to be in politics. You know what I mean?

Your getting there. Remove private money from politics. Now as unpalatable as this is : political parties are funded from taxes!!!! (sharp intake of breathe) . The funding they receive depends on membership of the party. Obviously you need a threshold of membership before any public funding can take place. You also need to verify the money is being spent on "politics". Although you could also have a rule in there that for every x members they must field y candidates. This will consume the funding appropriately. You can also pay for certain things directly e.g pamphlets, hire of halls etc

The threshold prevents "the looney party" from getting funding. Public funding encourages new political forces to start up .....image the OWS party and winning seats in favour of the current two

Hopefully this will happen in the UK as well however our politics are not as distorted by money as US politics. It's there for sure, but not as obvious as the US......well except for current cabinet of millionaires telling us to tighten our belts.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I agree with this. Take the corporate $$$$ out of politics!!!! AND

#1 End the Fed
#2 End the Wars
#3 End the IRS

Could anyone really imagine how much better this world would be??? I can't even fathom, even with all my imagination and strength, how ANYONE could disagree with this common goal.

PLEASE see this message and spread it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

all lobbying should be illegal, and all bills, accounts, and transactions should be posted 24/7 to the public to see and verify. those caught trying to buy politcal favor shall be exiled for eternity from this country or accept a life here paying quadruple tax duty.

Negative. The problems with lobbyists cannot be so easily fixed. First of all, and most importantly, lobbyists have 1st Amendment rights the same as all of us.

The problem is their disproportionate financial power. That has to be harnessed to make the playing field level.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That was brilliant, this man is a hero.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The biggest problem with big money buying-controlling politicians, therefore government in general, is that blatant corruption is LEGALIZED here in the US (for example) first and foremost by the Supreme Court, though basically NO ONE is recognizing that fact. Allowing a corporation to be classified as a "person" and equating purchasing power with free speech are THE biggest problems. Changing the corrupt "law of the land" is the real priority if there is ever to be any real improvement. Of course such improvement also requires much more SYSTEMIC change such as ending rule BY secrecy - mainly the entire National "Security" STATE - in general.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Fantastic thread, S & F Jude
. This guy is simply awesome - who is he? I don't know how this was aired on the MSNBC but I don't care. He gets right down to the point and doesn't care really what the others on the panel have to say. He clearly states the problem and doesn't beat around the bush whatsoever. Hopefully we start seeing more and more people in the media going off on 'rants' such as this.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Mark Carney, governor of the Bank of Canada, in a surprise statement, supports the #Occupy movement. He stated that this all began with the globalization efforts which, imo, sent hundreds of thousands of jobs to countries where a $2 a day wages are a norm.

“There’s a frustration with policy and a frustration that, `are things going back to business as usual,’’’ Mr. Carney said in the interview. ``If I may say, that is not going to happen, but I can understand the frustrations.’’

Demonstrations like the Occupy Wall Street protests, which will hit Canadian cities this weekend, are a “democratic expression of views’’ and “entirely constructive,’’ Mr. Carney said.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Now, put his opinion on top of the following:

The words that Mr. Carney applies to the civil disruption carry extra weight because the Harper government is pushing for him to become the next chairman of the Financial Stability Board (FSB), a group charged with co-ordinating the overhaul of international banking regulations

... and you have a baby step towards some form of positive reaction.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Seems like an appropriate thread to post this old gem. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This video needs to interrupt every cable channel at once....
So that ALL people will see it.

What's the solution?

Take money out of politics!

It is extremely easy to see the corruption taking place in every form of gov't.
People just need to pay attention.
This man is exactly right when he says that CONgress is bought and paid for.
Lobbyists are your policy/bill/law makers.
Not your "elected" officials.
Corruption runs from the local level straight through the upper echelon.

Pathetic.

And if this corruption was known back in the day when the People had guts...Instead of distractions...
Everyone in CONgress would have been tarred-and-feathered!

So where's your guts America?

Man, that was a great video.
Something big is brewing, we can all feel it!

Spread this more than anything else that has been emailed before.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
WOW.....just wow! I'd like to shake that man by the hand

S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2goodtony
reply to post by jude11

Fantastic thread, S & F Jude
. This guy is simply awesome - who is he? I don't know how this was aired on the MSNBC but I don't care. He gets right down to the point and doesn't care really what the others on the panel have to say. He clearly states the problem and doesn't beat around the bush whatsoever. Hopefully we start seeing more and more people in the media going off on 'rants' such as this.

His name is Dylan Ratigan and his show is aired on MSNBC every weekday at 3:00 p.m. central time. He's been on now for over 3 yrs. and he's always seems to hit the nail on the head when it comes to our current economic situation. Problem is that many people would rather spend their time bashing all MSM as opposed to searching for whatever truth might be found there. You'd be surprised at the size of the MSNBC haters fan club.

Personally I watch them all, (you have to in order to attempt to weed out the truth) and I believe that time will show that MSNBC's broadcast contain more truth than all other MSM sources combined. On the other hand, I'm sure you could find people who would tell you quite the opposite about MSNBC but more often than not, those people are Fox News followers and we all know how the OWS movement feels about Fox News.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join