It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few ideas for the stange sounds being heard worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There are many theads here reporting stange sounds heard from all walks of life worldwide. Some are easily explained ie nearby construction, jet engines at nearby airports ect. But others have yet to be explained. They sound very similar no matter their location on the planet.

Out of all the videos that I've seen/heard, there seems to be 3 general sounds heard.

1: A very low rumbling, almost a distant trumpet sound heard from an un discernable direction...... ground/ sky?

2: A screeching metal twisting sound, once again from an un discernable direction.

3: Multiple distant boom/explosions, once again from an un discernable direction.

So, the common denominator with all the world wide sounds are they appear distant yet cant tell which direction they are coming from. To me that would indicate high altitude or deep earth. Either option is scary.

And strangly enough, even though I have not heard these sounds in person, I HAVE heard them before.

For the first one
1: low rumbling/tone sound-- This sound people are recording, sounds to me exactly like the sound the alien tripods make in the movie "War of the Worlds" (the one with Tom Cruise) The loud horn/trumpet sound they make when attacking.

2: The metal twisting screeching sound--I dont know if any fellow ATS'ers have seen "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" (one of my favs
) but when the Vogon destructor fleet is coming down to earth, they make this same EXACT sound.

Skip to around the minute mark 5:50 to hear the sound that I'm taliking about.

Here is a few videos for comparison

3: Booming/explosion sound--- Now this one could be any number of things because alot of things in this world go "boom". But from all the explations it sounds like it could be sonic booms from multiple aircraft/spacecraft.

Here's a vid of of the space shuttle creating sonic booms apon re-entry.

So for all of yall that have actually heard the sounds in person please let me know if these sounds are close or way off base. Not people have actually heard these sounds, so if we can get a better idea of what it sounds like, we can get closer to an explanation.

So thats all I got. Still very strange. Wish there was a logical explation for all these noises. Even though the absence of a logical explanation is fun speculation.

edit on 16-10-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
1. My brother has just taken up the trumpet so that might explain a handfull of people.

2. My boyfriend is a bad driver, gas break gas break. Lots of screetching noises.

3. Transformers exploding from trees falling on them.

But I liked your explanations too.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I heard it, twice this summer! The first one was just a quick boom, and moved my window shades. The second one was more eventful! Link is right here!

posted on (23/8/11) @ 04:27 PM
Ok, last Thursday around 6pm, in Yellowknife NT CANADA, me and my cousin went to my auntie's house (I am house-sitting for her) for a couple of beers! We cracked one can each and got to chatting! We hadn't seen each other in a while, and I started talking to him about ATS! About a minute in to our conversation there was a very loud and deep rumbling that lasted about 10 - 15 seconds! It was incredibly loud, and I could hear the windows shaking from this! We went outside, to see if there was a construction crew nearby or some storm clouds and nothing! I have heard blasting going on before, there is a lot of mines around here, but this was no blast! It was also not a plane of any kind, the airport is quite a while away, and I am familiar with any commercial planes sounds, (There are a lot of float planes and commercial planes leaving Yellowknife for the various Diamond mines and whatnot!) and this wasn't it either! I phoned some people I know across town and they heard it too! I have seen a few threads where people are claiming to hear weird noises all over the world, and I am just wondering were we witness to such an event! I was thinking it was something like dry lightening, but i don't think thunder would last 10 - 15 seconds!! Just weird, to me at least! My cousin just shrugged it off like nothing! I also asked for my girlfriends cousin to drive us a round a bit to investigate (we had some beers, so I couldn't drive!) and still no evidence of what that noise could have been!

edit on (16/10/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

One and three I have definately heard before. Two I couldn't tell what the sound was for sure, but If its the one closer to 5:59, yes I have.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker55
reply to post by Talltexxxan

One and three I have definately heard before. Two I couldn't tell what the sound was for sure, but If its the one closer to 5:59, yes I have.

Yeah, its kinda hard to hear it in the video clip but its the screeching sound in the background. Kinda strange that the sounds are so similar to what is being heard across the globe.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

By the way, none of the videos sounded like what I had heard!
It was loud and constant and not like metal screeching, or any of the examples you provided!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have a thread on this and have been looking into ito it for some time now www.abovetopsecret.com... After listening to many of these videos (I recorded the noise when I heard it, and it's on the first page of my thread), I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the "trumpet" "war of the worlds" sounds are fake. These only started coming out when the topic of strange sounds became widespread. Not 100% sure, but I am leaning that way. The rumble/roar/hum/elecrical sounds are authentic though, as I heard it myself and continue to from time to time. There is another variation of the sound as well, which is like a vaccum or a large flame sound....I describe it as if someone waves a sheet of aluminum(?) (hard to describe)....and the booms. The booms are being heard alone, and sometimes in combination with the roar/rumble. The sound I hear is the rumble/roar/buzz combined with the soft booms in the background....
edit on 10/16/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have heard the low rumble sound, it could have been rolling thunder, very low and bassy, lasting about 3mins..

What is unexplainable is I too, on a separate occasion, have heard the metal screeching/twisting sound - very distinct, unlike anything I have ever heard before.

It blatantly came from high in the sky, but still loud enough to be heard for blocks, certain it was not a plane or helicopter. It literally sounded like a live version of the transformers movie, broadcasted through the sky. It sounded very mechanical and very large in scale.

new topics

top topics

join