It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

promote ignorance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
some of us (myself included) come here to ATS to discuss conspiracy theories and their validity. should our discussion ever inch too close to the truth, it would surely be debunked or hushed up through one of the two following methods.

1. direct government intervention / or
2. false "evidence" presented as true by a "faithfull member" that contridicts the new found truth.

i have been visiting ATS for almost a year now and have watched as many ATS members have presented fantastic stories of alien abduction and the likes. for all i know they are just testing other members gulliblity levels. i admit i have thought of registering under another alias and doing just that.

all of these fantastic stories are left hanging with no conclusion, which leads me to believe that were being toyed with or "the man" interviened.

we should have an anonymous poll where members indicate whether or not they have ever presented "material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate."

i suspect ATS is a hub for the "resistance" should there ever be one. call me paranoid, but i imagine there is a list somewhere titled "potential problems" and were all on it! and to think this whole time we thought we were denying ignorance when in reality we were signing our names on that list. ATS promotes ignorance . we push around the same ideas over and over under different threads and never achieve anything. if anything needs to be hidden from us, all 'they' need to do is keep feeding ATS more BS for us to sift through; we will continue pecking away for ever, and never get anywhere. too preoccupied with the untrues, to even start looking at the trues.

either i am still ignorant, or there is nothing being hidden.

my money says i am still ignorant.

-lost

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Talk about the theory of conspiracy.. I`m sorry, I`m here for , let`s say 3-4 days, but what you say is quite dull... Because if they had the idea of bringin` together a group of anti-ignorants, so that they can neutralize them easier, (and don`t ask me who THEY are) you wouldn`t have had the opportunity of posting this thread..

So, you might be right, as well as wrong. What`s the problem.. ? We can go on wether we are `followed` , or not. It`s just they way you look at the so called problem, and just the way of knowing life still goes on. Call it fatalism ...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i never said "neutralize", but rather "keep hidden from"
also, this thread can avoid any intervention from "them" because i have not presented any smoking guns, just ideas.
they have the liberty to sit back and watch us speculate right up to the truth, and then say "oh well, we'll never know.."

-lost

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
. ATS promotes ignorance . we push around the same ideas over and over under different threads and never achieve anything.

You are not allowed to recruit or organize any kind of protest, action or resistance groups on this site, it says so in the rules. This place is made for discussing, and 'pushing' ideas around.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
So, all you desire is recognition for your `up to the truth` ideas ? Recognition, in this special case, will never show itself. Them you might ask why are we still here ? If truth doesn`t reveal itself , when we reached him, what good is seachin` it ? Well, there was an oriental thinker... who said, being asked by a scholar wether the truth can be revealed : " If the truth is revealed, what good is to meditate ? - And if the truth is hidden ? - Then it`s already revealed... "
what do you understand from this ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost all of these fantastic stories are left hanging with no conclusion, which leads me to believe that were being toyed with or "the man" interviened.
Or... the simple explanation... people with wild ideas looking for attention. My money is on simple... but it's not nearly as exciting as "the man" playing with us... which is also a wild idea.

Originally posted by lost we should have an anonymous poll where members indicate whether or not they have ever presented "material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate."
Well, posting knowingly false information is against our terms and conditions. When discovered, members doing this are confronted by staff. Very often, the rank-and-file membership is unaware.

Originally posted by lost we push around the same ideas over and over under different threads and never achieve anything.
People coming to terms with understanding the complexities of world events and the political influences that cause them is "nothing"? I think this is a huge achievement. We're not here to organize any "movement" but to simply discuss and learn.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
fair enough
i dont expect to find the meaning of life on the internet..
also i never planned a coup..... lol

i just think "coming to terms with understanding the complexities of world events and the political influences that cause them" can be distracting if for

one: we dont even know if those complexities, world events, and political influences are infact real and true,

and two: if that is all we do; if there is a problem we should fix it, no?
but alas, we dont even know if there is a problem..

-lost

[edit on 30-8-2004 by lost]

Odd

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well... if they honestly have any ideas about neutralizing us, I think that they will find it considerably more difficult than they believe.

Think about it... even if the government did us the wonderfully vindicating favor of sending assassins after each and every one of us, they would recieve at least some losses (I know I am not the only one here that sleeps within arm's reach of a shotgun every night), and the government really cannot suffer any casualties these days without such fact being splashed all over the news media.

I think the government sees us as, at best, a genuine concentration of resistance to any potential funny stuff, and at worst a harmless curiosity. There probably isn't a whole lot to worry about.

Unless, of course, I am one of them, in which case it's too late for all of you. But I don't think that's really the case... do you?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
First, I should say that when referring to `the government`, we can talk about each and every form of governing all over the world. I`m not sure, yet, if when you people say `the government`, you stricty refer to the US government. Being from Romania, I cannot, and will probably never have an objective opinion over the US Govt. But generally speakin`, the `government` is the same thing all over the world.

What happens in the world is a fact. It is up to those who have the skills , the brains, the motivation and the ways to find out what is true and what is not.

Problems.. ? they exist, I don`t have to point my finger at them. Solutions ? who knows if what happens on this site won`t provide a viable solution for at least one of the `problems`. Then the main goal has been reached. But in the first place... I think that ATS just gives the possibility for people to interact on similar points of interrest. It`s just somethin` connected with the individual`s need for communication and sharing....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'd have to disagree with you here. On ATS all ideas are always considered. But that's the term that seems to be causing you a problem. The ideas are considered, and they are discussed. Often times that ends up with something being debunked or disproved. That is no one's fault, and in fact is a positive result of having this community. People joining together to research ideas is a wonderful thing.

The only time I have ever seen staff shut down a thread is when it's something that has been covered in other threads already. While it may seem harsh I believe that this is the best way to keep the community running efficiently. When someone posts a brand new thread about an already covered topic they are missing out on the other research that other members have already done on that topic. It is only fair that the effort people have put in to something be recognized. That's why people are encouraged to use the search feature. This isn't 12 people trading emails, it's a few thousand people posting what they believe and should be treated as such.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
exactly my point.

I DONT KNOW.

you might be, i might be.
^that was for odd^

and for the record, i never implied that "they" would snipe us out. i was thinking more along the lines of waiting until the time is right (NWO or whatever) and then in nice nazi style busting our doors down in the middle of the night and dragging us off to auschwitz and the likes.

what are the chances that there ISNT an agent in the pentagon sitting in a cubicle assigned to moniter this site?
they gotta make sure we dont get outta hand.

and to answer you Kapnobatai, no this is not about recognition but thanks anyways. I merely wanted to know if anyone else is bothered by the possiblity of all our curiosity and will to deny ignorance taken advantage of so well that we're actually helping "them" keep us in the dark...... -if that makes any sense.

-lost

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lost, I`m sorry to tell you this, but you think too highly of yourself. You`re not that important. If you presented any threat to anyone, before they try and elliminate you, they offer you a place amongst them. The age of extreme violence died with the Iron Courtain. At least this is what I like to think.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Someone please let me know when lost starts to know SOMETHING. At present we have a mix of paranoia, confusion and anxiety, over something that may not even be any more than an cheese fueled bad dream, or a B grade movie plot.

Everyone knows that 90% of the Alien stuff is fake. Thats why a site like this tries to weed the fakes, usually make by teenagers who beleive too much TV, from whatever kernal of reality there is.

Lost, thats what your cognitive anayltical skills were created for. To weed out the truth from the trash.

exactly my point.

I DONT KNOW.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This makes no sense whatsoever.

1. When something is debunked, it means that it is proven that something is untrue or partly false.
There is no such thing as "them" debunking our story as we get closer to the truth, because one can not debunk truth.

2. The whole idea of someone actually visiting this site and watching us as we discuss this and that, to monitor us is ridiculous.
Trust me, even if "they" exist, "they" have better things to do than browsing through the colorfull chaos that is ATS.

3. ATS is merely a way of communicating, just like talking is. If ATS is dangerous in the eyes of "them", it is allready too late for them to do anything about it, because they can close down ATS, but they can't stop people from communicating with eachother.

Did you see that movie with Mel Gibson "Conspiracy Theory"?
Well let's just say you're worse than Mel.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Someone please let me know when lost starts to know SOMETHING. At present we have a mix of paranoia, confusion and anxiety, over something that may not even be any more than an cheese fueled bad dream, or a B grade movie plot.

Lost is, well... Errr... lost?

Mmmmmmm, Cheeese.

exactly my point.

I DONT KNOW.

Therefore, I am...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Did you see that movie with Mel Gibson "Conspiracy Theory"?
Well let's just say you're worse than Mel.

Hey! do not take Mel Gibsons name in vain
lol

At present we have a mix of paranoia, confusion and anxiety

You missed insanity aswell

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
somebody let me know when any of yall begin to KNOW anything.

all i hear is regurgitated OPINIONS.

i never presented this as my beloved child, so go ahead and shoot it down.

i know it sounds far fetched, but you guys have just further proven my very point. as crazy as it sounds, no one here can prove its not reality, or any of the other crazy conspiracy theories running around here.

lol. that is why the internet is limited blessing. we can have our happy little community here, but nothing will ever be achieved. it keeps all the conspiracy hungry people satisfied, but on the same path as any sheep.

thanks for the input guys.

-lost

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

new topics

top topics

join