It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Horrors Of Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
In response to this thread The Beauty of Iran I want to show the real Iran for those who choose to ignore the plight of many people there!

Tahereh vividly remembers the day in her native town of Marivan in Iran when she was circumcised with a razor, leaving her with physical and psychological pain that endures nearly 45 years later.
"We were five sisters --we didn't really understand what was happening. My mother just said that someone was coming to our house," says 48-year-old Tahereh, who is one of many women who have undergone female genital mutilation (FGM) in Iranian Kurdistan.
"Then they took all of us -- we were 2, 3, 4 years old -- and the operation was done," says Tahereh, who asked that her real name not be used.

FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION

The lovely way they treat women:

70 year old man gets 4 months in Jail and 30 lashes...............for walking his dog!!

Here is how Iran deals with Gays.....not everyone agrees with the Gay lifestyle but this is too far.

Iran execute 3 men for Sodomy

Iran has a dim view of Christians and their faith. Here is how they deal with it....nice one IRAN

Christian couple Flogged and man tortured

IRAN has appalling human rights abuses. Even to the point beheading.

In 2006 Iran put itself up for a seat on the UN HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL........what a joke!!!

Iran and Human rights...Scroll Down to pics..GRAPHIC!

Iran might have some beautiful scenery but they are in every way a country of ANIMALS and disgusting human beings. I have NO sympathy for this country and whatever is coming to them has been long overdue.

IRAN must be stopped.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Glad I don't live in Iran.
I'll pray for them.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Good on you for presenting a counter argument. Both sides of any argument should be equally addressed.

I'm against starting anymore wars, and I believe we should mind our own business when it comes to foreign culture, though it may be barbaric and primitive to our standards.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That's fine. I wanted to leave politics out of the other Iran thread, and simply point out that Iran is not the 3rd world country the MSM makes it out to be.

Of course numerous atrocities have occurred in Iran which are despicable. I have zero issue discussing that in a thread meant to discuss it.

But I have to ask, why only the atrocities of Iran in this thread. Why did you leave out all the atrocities committed by the two countries which want to attack Iran?

I mean, if you want to just put it all out there on the table, why act as if America and Israel haven't committed horrible crimes against their own and others as well?

Clearly a thread with a one sided agenda.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Good on you for presenting a counter argument. Both sides of any argument should be equally addressed.

I'm against starting anymore wars, and I believe we should mind our own business when it comes to foreign culture, though it may be barbaric and primitive to our standards.

I am unsure whether we will ever know the reason why this war will go ahead but Iran must be stopped either by force or by isolation.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
That's fine. I wanted to leave politics out of the other Iran thread, and simply point out that Iran is not the 3rd world country the MSM makes it out to be.

Of course numerous atrocities have occurred in Iran which are despicable. I have zero issue discussing that in a thread meant to discuss it.

But I have to ask, why only the atrocities of Iran in this thread. Why did you leave out all the atrocities committed by the two countries which want to attack Iran?

I mean, if you want to just put it all out there on the table, why act as if America and Israel haven't committed horrible crimes against their own and others as well?

Clearly a thread with a one sided agenda.

You have a fair point. There are MANY disgusting things committed by the two countries that want to go to war with Iran however they will need separate threads by someone.

Maybe someone should do a thread so we can compare all three countries.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

www.boston.com...

I'm glad someone made this thread as a counter to Iran's such a great place to live and doesn't do anything bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Iran has a long way to go with regards to human rights but so does our own government, which has embraced torture, warrant-less spying on citizens and an ever increasing TSA style police state.

Change comes with time, dialogue, education and co-operation.

And when our own government's history is taken into account, the hypocrisy really comes into focus. What we find is a history ripe with the overthrowing of democratically elected leaders, support for brutal dictators and a desire for constant war, especially under false pretenses.

edit on 14-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can not disagree with what you say.

However, I only touched the surface of the abuses that have befallen the victims in Iran. Iran has so far to go I have a feeling time travel and teleportation and inter galactic travel will arrive before they even start to mend their ways.

I would choose America over Iran 100 times out of 100 all day long.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One nation that kills people is no better than another nation that kills people. It doesn't matter in which form the killing takes place, be it by religious persecution or cruise missiles or preemptive self-defense, there is no discernible difference.

In my opinion all this war talk comes down to one simple question you need to ask yourself. Do you really want to support the killing of other people simply because you don't like them, or their ways?

I hope the answer is no. Because even though you can post pictures and news stories all day long about atrocities in Iran, you can just as well do the same for almost any other nation on earth. I just hope you realize this, and don't buy into the war hype...no matter what your reason, there is never any justification for starting a war, with innocent young men and women against other innocent young men and women. Support the leaders going into a cage battle or something, but leave the innocents out of your ideological squabbles.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
it is good you began a thread to show both sides of the coin. I have seen videos of people buried up to their shoulders in the ground in order to be stoned to death. I have seen things that almost make me want to throw up.
Not just Iran though. Iraq as well. It is a different culture, and by all human standards many things they do are nothing short of brutal. We get excited when a cop sucker punches someone in a protest, but in other countries they just gather around and watch someone be tortured to death, or even participate in the torture.
. It certainly isn't my style.

We all need to keep in mind though, that in the end it is none of our business really. We cannot and should not continue to police the world. I truly believe the next big war we get into we will indeed loose. let us hope it is not in the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You know, it is not the people who are evil.....it is the regimes that run the countries. People are people for the most part. We all feel the same. Get rid of governmental control, religious control, etc., etc. We are all more powerful as a whole. Our governments think they speak the mind of the whole. They don't! The statistics show that truth.

We need to stand up and let the few know that the many have more in common. I love all cultures and peoples. However, we let the insane psycopaths,,paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal, antisocial, borderline, histrionic, narcissistic, avoidant, dependent, and obsessive-compulsive run our world.

They have too much money and little to be desired spiritual aspects. The elites want us dead.

The elitism in this world is going to end this world unless we act. "The many" must join one another in love and join in a great fight to beat back those that wish to enslave us. No matter where you come from. Iran, the U.S., China, Russia or anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

I hope the answer for Iran isn't war. This thread is about how the power hungry elite whether religious or political are abusing the iranian people. How does war protect the people how do violence against a nation protect the people. This type of thinking reminds me of the Waco travesty. The propagnda ended by we had to kill the children to save the children. With that type of protection we will all be dead.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

Iran might have some beautiful scenery but they are in every way a country of ANIMALS and disgusting human beings. I have NO sympathy for this country and whatever is coming to them has been long overdue.

IRAN must be stopped.

So, when are you heading over to eradicate the "ANIMALS"? I read statements like yours and shake my head that such ignorance exists. Truly pathetic.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Actually the agenda is not one sided. The atrocities committed in Iran are those of their written law and most have been ordered by their actual court system. this is the accepted practice of law, this is their law.

For us it is not an accepted part of our system. The CIA, Potus or any other person in power in the US does things things and attempts to cover their tracks. Bush didn't even cover his tracks, he just lied.and... he got away with it.... why?
He should have been prosecuted. As should Obama and countless others. They were atrocities but those things are not on our law books and they are unacceptable to us. If we commit sodomy our law does not provide for a judgment of hanging. If we commit adultery we are not sentenced to be buried in the ground and stoned.
the torture that has been done by Americans were done by those who abused their power, and not according to the laws of the nation. If atrocities happened in Iraq at the hand of our soldiers it was not done on the order of the higher ups and if it was it certainly was not condoned by military law.
what we see here are people who were sentenced by the laws of that nation to be tortured.
Why our leaders are able to get away with all of this is beyond me. But one thing for sure. If I have an affair I probably will not be sentenced by the judge to be stoned to death. There is a difference and we need to hold those in America that have done these illegal acts to be tried.
These acts are not illegal in Iran..it is the law. ..........
But these acts are Illegal in America........And those who do them should be tried.........
Perhaps one day some of those doing these things in America will be caught and tried in international court. They should be. We do not have a law that provides for torture.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Sorry to burst the bubble but, this propaganda is not going to fly after the Horrors that US so call liberation has brought to Iraq and Afghanistan Americans knows very well what type of freedom US liberation brings to the countries been invaded.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Lets not forget that amadenijahd was identified as one of the hostage takers from the late 70's. Can anyone tell me what Islamic countries are not serious habitual human rights offenders? Are there ANY?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The really sad thing about Iran is Persia was a cosmopolitan relatively moderate culture that might have become more akin to Turkey (before it's current Islamist lurch) if left to evolve naturally. American involvement caused big problems there.

I was talking to some dissidents in Iran during their Green Revolution, helping them with getting some information on the web, and what impressed me there is how many of their people want change. By and large, I think Iranians know their government is completely nuts.

Unfortunately, religion is just a pretense used by street gangs who really maintain the goverment's control over the people. That's not to say Islam doesn't have some serious issues, but rather that the brutality is the reason for these actions in and of itself to perpetuate a malicious regime.

But, odd as it might sound, I have a lot of hope for the Iranian people. In time, they are going to overthrow their government not because of us, but because they know how bad it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The thread that this is in rebuttal to was used to present the geographic and natural beauty of Iran not its oppresive and sectarian political system. There is no doubt that Iran engages in human rights violations and uses institutionalized religion as a justification for doing so. However, that dosen't go to say Iran is suddenly an ugly place where there are no buildings and brown people ride camels through the desert all day.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Iranian people are NOT helpless by any means !
They are FULLY CAPABLE TO HANDLE THEIR OWN AFFAIRS !
. . . END OF STORY ! . . .
western media propaganda fail.

WAR DOES NOT HELP CIVILIANS !
war profits the bankers, speculators and vultures.

edit on 15/10/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join