It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Herman Cain being used to blacklist Ron Paul? Polling Fraud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Am I the only one who feels Cain’s numbers in recent polling is fishy? Since Cain “won” the Florida Straw Poll (with Ron Paul’s Poll numbers by the way), he has been winning polls ever since. Only two months ago (Iowa Straw Poll) Cain placed at 5 with 8 percent, yet a month goes by and with almost zero funding he tops the Florida Straw Poll (at that time, Paul was top of every Online and TV poll).

Iowa Straw Poll:

articles.latimes.com...

Florida Straw Poll:

www.npr.org...

A) It’s fishy to me, that out of no where, he gained Ron Paul’s Numbers, and now Paul is matching with Newt, behind everyone with Cain's numbers from just 2 months ago. Paul went from 1 to 4/5? Cain went from 5 to 1, and...

B) To further strengthen that, you must look at the rhetoric of Cain. Cain has bad mouthed Paul (only Paul) on live Television (ie Tonight Show with Leno). Called him a grumpy old man, and constantly badmouths his supporters as well. Must note, Cain did not badmouth other Candidates that night.

articles.businessinsider.com...

It would not surprise me if the TPB are using this tactic to kill off Paul’s initial Growth, following the whole being blacklist by Media technique that blew up in their face. Cain’s numbers only came after the blacklisting thing starting blowing up (IE Jon Stewart Show’s discussion of Paul being blacklisted and ignored).

www.youtube.com...

Anyone see this? I feel Cain is being used to Blacklist Paul. I mean, O’Reilly factor says their going to remove Cain and Paul from Polls, but then today he spends 10 minutes discussing Cain, and if he has a chance to win. During the whole Cain discussion, O'Reilly was very respectful of Cain. That speaks volumes....

C) They (O'Reilly Factor) said that Cain has only 2 Million left in his Campaign, and needs to raise more money during today's discussion, even with his high Polling numbers. Despite, being now placed 4th/5th, Paul continues to beat out all other Candidates with contributions from the people... How is that possible if Cain is ahead in the polls?

Is Cain just being used to make people forget about Paul, following the initial failed blacklisting? Is it possible that his numbers are wrong, or Paul's numbers have been transferred to Cain? Is Cain's anti Paul rhetoric a sign, that something is amiss?

Anyone care to elaborate?

Please note, I am not trying to hate/discredit Herman Cain. I am questioning his rise in Polls in less then two months' time out of no where, and comparing his numbers to Paul's numbers two months ago. Their numbers have basically flipped in position (in less then a month's time, from Iowa to Florida). I am also considering his campaign contributions into the questioning, because if he has that much support in Polls, wouldn't he have Paul like contributions coming in from the public? Why would he only have less then 2 Million Dollars? He is also not releasing his numbers (hasn't said how much he's received so far since his climb in the Polls).

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

If anything I am wondering if ATS feels that as if it is a possibility.

I've searched the threads and have not seen any other similar thread posted. If this does not belong in this Forum, then Mods please move where you feel fit.
edit on 14-10-2011 by squidboy because: Editing Header to keep people on topic, fixed typos, added links.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Am I the only one who feels Cain’s numbers in recent polling is fishy?

... out of no where, he gained Ron Paul’s Numbers, and now Paul is matching with Newt, behind everyone with Cain's numbers from just 2 months ago. Paul went from 1 to 4/5? Cain went from 5 to 1

It's not a mystery at all, Cain supports the devil's reserve with his 666 plan and Paul want's to delve into the devils lair and find out what's going on.

Just figure out who wins here and who loses, DUH.
edit on 14-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I find it interesting as soon as Ron Paul starts dominating the polls, this bafoon appears out of nowhere and of course provides the media with another new distraction from what actually matters (more Ron Paul perhaps.)

I mean no offense but I cannot take that man seriously at all, and now they are pairing him up with RP on the news frequently so that the masses begin to group the two into the loony uncle bin.
unfortunately the general public believe what they see and hear on the tv apparently.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
-deleted my previous post-

None of my business to judge any of your candidates.
Just take a look at their economic policies and see what is reasonable.
edit on 14-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
-deleted my previous post-

None of my business to judge any of your candidates.
Just take a look at their economic policies and see what is reasonable.
edit on 14-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

This thread is not really trying to judge Cain or Paul. I am questioning the Poll numbers only, and how they drastically changed in the last two months. I am questioning the Polling process, and if one Candidate has been used to Blacklist another. I am not saying I am Pro Paul or Pro Cain. I am asking members to speak about possible Polling fraud only.

Their economic policies really doesn't answer my questions, but thank you regardless.

Basically to sum it up. Are Herman Cain's numbers really Paul's numbers? (ie fraud, simple switch-a- roo). I mean, Cain might know nothing about it, and just assume he's doing that great... An intelligent person, has to question how (minus a controversy) a person can drop to 5th in polls from 1 in less then a month. An intelligent person, would also then say why did that person who was 5th a month ago, fill the number 1 spot. It makes zero sense.
edit on 14-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Okay, let me put it this way then.
If the US Economy is an important point for the publics opinion on both candidates, then these polls show that

- either US Americans have no idea about economic realities
- or the polls are rigged

I agree that these fast changing numbers look kind of strange.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Polls are so easy to rig, all you have to do is be in charge of counting them.

Also, I lean towards agreeing with the hypothesis proposed by the OP.

Good work, I am going to flag this in hopes more people come to the discussion and consider the possibilities you are proposing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is what happened
edit on 14-10-2011 by bottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Are you serious? "Paul dominating the polls"? What country are you in? Best I've seen Paul do is 8-9% and that's not even close to what he needs to get nominated. It's not going to happen, he doesn't have the support. Of course it's because everyone's against him. TPTB, the MSM and Santa Claus are all out to sandbag ole Dr. Paul.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
look if you think theres a conspiracy at work with cain and his federal reserve, just call him up and ask him!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Are you serious? "Paul dominating the polls"? What country are you in? Best I've seen Paul do is 8-9% and that's not even close to what he needs to get nominated. It's not going to happen, he doesn't have the support. Of course it's because everyone's against him. TPTB, the MSM and Santa Claus are all out to sandbag ole Dr. Paul.

I'm in the US. We all have Google search. The best I've seem from him far exceeds 8-9 percent consistently.

Iowa Straw Poll- 27 % (2nd, with allegations of Bachmann buying 4000 votes for number 1 )

California Straw Poll- 44% (1st)

Value Voter Poll- 37 % (1st)

Bloomberg Readers Poll- 2843 votes (1st). A percentage was not listed, but to put in perspective Cain came in 2nd with 342 Votes.

www.examiner.com...

That's just four examples, with the Value Voter being the most recent.

I can go on and on. The "He doesn't have support argument," doesn't have any leverage when you look at the majority Poll numbers and results, and his contributions from the People (Others may have more Corporate Support). If you have links to prove me otherwise, please do so.

Florida, as a state, has a history of Voting and Polling Corruption:

www.slate.com...

The Florida Straw Poll was the beginning of Cain's explosive coverage by MSM, and to me, the win by Cain with Paul numbers (Paul took Cain's spot ) clearly shows that "something" occurred in that Poll.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Anyone see this? I feel Cain is being used to Blacklist Paul. I mean, O’Reilly factor says their going to remove Cain and Paul from Polls, but then today he spends 10 minutes discussing Cain, and if he has a chance to win. During the whole Cain discussion, O'Reilly was very respectful of Cain. That speaks volumes.... C) They (O'Reilly Factor) said that Cain has only 2 Million left in his Campaign, and needs to raise more money during today's discussion, even with his high Polling numbers.

Despite, being now placed 4th/5th, Paul continues to beat out all other Candidates with contributions from the people... How is that possible if Cain is ahead in the polls? Is Cain just being used to make people forget about Paul, following the initial failed blacklisting? Is it possible that his numbers are wrong, or Paul's numbers have been transferred to Cain? Is Cain's anti Paul rhetoric a sign, that something is amiss?

I can see it. Ron Paul got the biggest donations from the US Military, did you know that? He raised more money in one single day that all the others. Cain is a Black man, nothing wrong with that, but I feel this is being used to garner support for another Black president, and to keep his face on the screen as much as possible. (people laugh when they see Perry, or Michelle)

The American People, I believe, want a REAL CHANGE. A change that is tangible, that can be seen clearly. A change in monetary/economic policy, a change in Federal Law and the too many Federal Agencies. The American People want these wars to come to a halt, and for our children and parents to come back home. Am I the only one that sees a problem with sending State Militia off to fight in a foreign country? Isn't that the job of the Army, and the Marines? Ron Paul represents this kind of change, and he has the rest of the GOP and the Democrats scared half to death. They know if he is elected, their jobs will be on the line, and their credit will be cut off, including the Lobby money. Books will be opened, and crimes will be punished, according to law. Central Banking Cartel assets will be seized and given over to the US Treasury.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I can see it. Ron Paul got the biggest donations from the US Military, did you know that? He raised more money in one single day that all the others. Cain is a Black man, nothing wrong with that, but I feel this is being used to garner support for another Black president, and to keep his face on the screen as much as possible. (people laugh when they see Perry, or Michelle)

The American People, I believe, want a REAL CHANGE. A change that is tangible, that can be seen clearly. A change in monetary/economic policy, a change in Federal Law and the too many Federal Agencies. The American People want these wars to come to a halt, and for our children and parents to come back home. Am I the only one that sees a problem with sending State Militia off to fight in a foreign country? Isn't that the job of the Army, and the Marines? Ron Paul represents this kind of change, and he has the rest of the GOP and the Democrats scared half to death. They know if he is elected, their jobs will be on the line, and their credit will be cut off, including the Lobby money. Books will be opened, and crimes will be punished, according to law. Central Banking Cartel assets will be seized and given over to the US Treasury.

Considering Cain's past involvement with the Federal Reverse system, and his viewpoints on "fixing the Fed" and his support of Greenspan, it starts to be become alarming.

abcnews.go.com...

Cain's race, has no bearing on this (ie Poll Corruption) if you ask me. However, it can be used as a rhetoric weapon. Meaning, any negative view of Cain would be spun as Racism (like with Obama).

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Unlike the rest of the GOP Candidates for President , including Herman Cain, Ron Paul’s Ideology is not a Madison Avenue spin platform grafted onto some " Rent A Politician " by the Spin Doctors out there. He is the Real Deal, a Man who believes what he says, and says what he Believes. Americans have never had a clearer choice in a Presidential election before come Nov. 2012 . So, you can vote for the Fake Guy backed by the Money Men and watch America turn into a Dictatorship, or you can cast your Vote to elect Ron Paul and start on the long road of restoring this country back to Liberty And Prosperity. A Ron Paul presidency will not be a magic wand that will solve all our problems, but what it will be is a Real Opportunity to return America to the values that our Founding Fathers Destined this Nation to Follow. Anyone else in the White House will just continue the process of ignoring the Constitution, selling out to Special Interests, and using Repression along with Fear to increase the Federal Governments control over our Lives ..The Choice is Clear , Vote Ron Paul !

edit on 14-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Unlike the rest of the GOP Candidates for President , including Herman Cain, Ron Paul’s Ideology is not a Madison Avenue spin platform grafted onto some " Rent A Politician " by the Spin Doctors out there. He is the Real Deal, a Man who believes what he says, and says what he Believes. Americans have never had a clearer choice in a Presidential election before come Nov. 2012 . So, you can vote for the Fake Guy backed by the Money Men and watch America turn into a Dictatorship, or you can cast your Vote to elect Ron Paul and start on the long road of restoring this country back to Liberty And Prosperity. A Ron Paul presidency will not be a magic wand that will solve all our problems, but what it will be is a Real Opportunity to return America to the values that our Founding Fathers Destined this Nation to Follow. Anyone else in the White House will just continue the process of ignoring the Constitution, selling out to Special Interests, and using Repression along with Fear to increase the Federal Governments control over our Lives ..The Choice is Clear , Vote Ron Paul !

edit on 14-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Any thoughts on Poll Manipulation? Next to Voting Fraud, I feel that if Polling Fraud exists it would be a damning critique of our Nation. If Paul is being blacklisted by the Media and his own party, what does that say about the two Party system?

I'm surprised that this thread is going no where. I would love to hear from an opposite viewpoint (with facts or evidence). I'm mostly surprised by the lack of Paul bashing on the thread. Surprised, but it's good that it's remaining civil. I'm guessing the Occupy movement is taking over much of the debate dynamics these days....
edit on 15-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

" Any thoughts on Poll Manipulation? Next to Voting Fraud, I feel that if Polling Fraud exists it would be a damning critique of our Nation. If Paul is being blacklisted by the Media and his own party, what does that say about the two Party system? "

Being a Free Thinker myself , i never put much Importance in Poll Results, and pretty much Vote with those who might share my Political Idealogy . I would be concerned about Voter Fraud during an Election though , there are two many ways to Rig Voting Machines presently used in most States . The 2010 Nov. Elections had Many Instances of Questionable Vote Tallies around the Country, and I would think 2011 will not be much different .

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" Any thoughts on Poll Manipulation? Next to Voting Fraud, I feel that if Polling Fraud exists it would be a damning critique of our Nation. If Paul is being blacklisted by the Media and his own party, what does that say about the two Party system? "

Being a Free Thinker myself , i never put much Importance in Poll Results, and pretty much Vote with those who might share my Political Idealogy . I would be concerned about Voter Fraud during an Election though , there are two many ways to Rig Voting Machines presently used in most States . The 2010 Nov. Elections had Many Instances of Questionable Vote Tallies around the Country, and I would think 2011 will not be much different .

In terms of swaying popular opinion, the use of Polling is extremely important. It sways political discussion in our country. Free thinkers aside, at least with the main stream media crowds, I feel that the use of polling gives way to the selection of those who win the nominations. There are those, based upon polling numbers, who will say "this candidate doesn't have a chance" and will look to other candidates. If someone running wins a Poll, they take over as a talking point until the next major poll.

Before Cain won Florida's Straw Poll, he was a virtually unknown candidate. He had little backing. Since that win (with the odd (Paul's) numbers which are key to my argument) he's been consistently mentioned in the media. Mind you, with this media storm of Cain, also comes the continually reassurance that he's not going to win (and conversation goes back to Romney and Perry).

If polling fraud was to occur (and based on Florida's straw Poll, it probably does), it would further control the possibility of legitimate nominations and ultimately the positions President and Vice President (and that's just one branch). It would be a sign that the steps leading up the vote were imaginary. When you then factor in the control of time given to Candidates during debates, the money equation (People Contributions vs. Corporate Contributions), and the Media blacklisting/ blackballing tactics, the whole process is just imaginary.

When you add this with voting fraud, the process (and ultimately our system) would then just be a one giant mirror with a bunch of smoke.
edit on 16-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to post some interesting results I've found as I've been researching into the Florida Straw Poll being rigged. Granted, most of this commentary comes from editorial pieces, but It's come to my attention that almost 30+ percent of attendees did not Vote in the Florida Straw Poll (800+ Votes were not counted due to the Polls closing early (people were not allowed to vote, because they closed polls early and turned voters away)

"3,500 delegates were chosen to attend by county chairs, with another 1,500 apparently attending by the random lottery method.... At $175 a ticket, it doesn't seem very likely to me that only 2,657 delegates would vote. That is an enormous difference. With the straw poll being taken and closed before 4:30pm instead of after 4:30pm as in the schedule, it seems very likely these results are completely invalid."

"With 3,500 voters, it means NO VOTE came in 2nd place with 24% of the vote. With 5,000 attenders, NO VOTE comes in 1st place with 47% of the vote."

"And if that ISN'T the story, then this is the story: the GOP had 24% - 46% of its members not voting in its OWN STRAW POLL, that they were especially picked for."

""The straw poll was conducted in a very disorganized and insecure manner. We did the best we could within our county delegation to make sure that each delegate present got a ballot and that they were turned in. However, it was so chaotic, I didn't really feel confident in the process. It would have been easy to manipulate the results.

I was surprised by the extremely low vote count. At the opening of the afternoon session, they announced there were 3,471 delegates checked in for the poll. So how come only 2,657 people voted? Who would pay $175 plus travel, and possibly hotel expenses, to go there, but NOT VOTE. The room was pretty full (and our county delegation was packed), but it seems likely that people missed the vote, or that votes were pulled."

Herman Cain 985 28.14% 19.70%
Rick Perry 409 11.69% 8.18%
Mitt Romney 371 10.60% 7.42%
Rick Santorum 289 8.26% 5.78%
Ron Paul 276 7.89% 5.52%
Newt Gingrich 223 6.37% 4.46%
Jon Huntsman 61 1.74% 1.22%
Michele Bachmann39 1.11% 0.78%
NO VOTE 24.20% (3500) or 46.94% (5000)

“…There’s some unconfirmed chatter about strategic voting pumping up Cain’s numbers.”

"Of course, the real reason I’m thinking that the 2011 Florida Straw Poll was rigged is because – well, after having spent the better part of a quarter of a century involved in the dark underbelly of politics and having been involved in my fair share of straw polls – I can smell this kind fish from a thousand miles away."

deadlinelive.info...

www.dailypaul.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.globalrhetoric.com...

Anyone have anything else to add?
edit on 18-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Well the government and the media has lied about several things as we all
have seen likely quite a few times.

So its not too much of a stretch to say there was vote tampering just like there
was in the 2000 election and 2004 elections.

What most ppl don't really get is that it doesn't matter who wins because both
sides are puppets for the ppl really running the game.

Though I'd say Ron Paul is his own man, he'd have no majority in a forest of puppets.

Each party advances one side of the agenda and they act like they are different,
but they often do things that overlap that seem odd.

Such as all the conflicts we have entered under O'bummer.

When Bush was starting wars the Dems were raising hell, but now its OK.

When Bush was spending money like mad the republicans weren't really crying too hard,
but now they are crying and blaming O'bummer for a financial mess that started
long before he was holding the office and he is just the scapegoat for it.

700+ bases in 130+ countries and the military budget is still quite large ?

At the end of the day what you see in DC is just a puppet show.

They are doing what the round table groups tell them to do.

Ppl wonder why the politicians often do unpopular things, look no further.

CFR, Bilderberg, Club of Rome, Committee of 300, etc etc, they are the puppet masters.

If you think you can fix this mess I wish you the best, but I ask that you consider having
a plan B the involves things going VERY VERY bad and resembling civil war 2.

If you have any doubts look at a list of the number of wars in the last 100 years.

In the past century the top murderer of citizens was governments.

Some put the tally at near 300 million.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !!!

edit on 18-10-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: context

top topics

join