It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin oct 17-18th whats happening..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Supposidly elenin will be passing closest at this time(oct17-18th i think), Firstly... is this comet still there.. 2nd.. what day will be the actual passing.. I wanna get outside n hopefully view a decent meteor shower from its tail... or does anyone know the closer dates of when any remnants of the tail will be visible. ty

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What is this ELENIN you speak of? (david spade like sarcasm) I believe the first couple days after its closest we will travel through the tail. I hope we get a cool show at least. So far all this comets brought was dashed hopes and dreams! Oh yeah and endless jabber for months and months and months

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

'Tis gone. Cannot see a thing now. It broke apart and is no more.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thanks for posting another elenin thread. I was starting to go through withdrawals! As far as I can tell, most forum posts suggest that it has broken up and isn't cruising the solar system anymore, it either met its demise on it's own, or by lazers (pew pew) from seal team 6 or something like that..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xagathorn
Supposidly elenin will be passing closest at this time(oct17-18th i think), Firstly... is this comet still there.. 2nd.. what day will be the actual passing.. I wanna get outside n hopefully view a decent meteor shower from its tail... or does anyone know the closer dates of when any remnants of the tail will be visible. ty

elenin.org...
maybe this will answer your question, other than that can`t help you.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

I would stay away from elenin.org. They have published false information and lies from day one. You're better off with SpaceObs, Leonid Elenin's blog. Of course you could look at the actual orbital elements of Elenin and realize that even if Elenin were in one piece it would not be affecting Earth in any way. However, this common sense argument has been made since day one with very few Elenin believers actually listening to it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Earth passing through it's tail may be pretty cool from a observers standpoint I think.

I'm not going to need my umbrella am I?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xagathorn

Check this thread out...www.abovetopsecret.com...

The tail has been severed most likely due to solar flares or CMEs as it passes by the sun. Elenin is dying if not dead..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Elenin is gone! what's with these threads, it disintegrated as it came to close to sun about a month ago...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Near as I can tell the jury on Elenin's fate is still out. JPL/NASA still carry it as a valid object with Ephemeris data flowing right on into the future, as it had been. There certainly doesn't seem to be a tail of any kind anymore though, since no one has apparently laid eyes on it since shortly after the Sun shot it with a rather impressive CME. I'm guessing if Elenin still does exist, it's a shadow of it's former (rather unimpressive) size or in even smaller pieces.

Hey, Elenin was fun while it lasted though! Next stop, Yu-55 and then Apophis coming by to say Hi in January for a final wave before it comes back many years from now close enough to play pinball with our highest Geo-Sync satellites. Oh...and of course, Nibiru, Sun activity, a rogue gas cloud someone mentioned a few days ago somewhere out there and 99% of the galaxy around us we haven't even found, to be worried about.

Never fear, there is always something to worry ourselves sick about !

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just dont get it. When the Elenin hype started people were saying that the comet was hundreds of miles wide and the tail/coma thousands. What happened to all that? What effect would the sun passing have had on Elenin's tail?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
I just dont get it. When the Elenin hype started people were saying that the comet was hundreds of miles wide and the tail/coma thousands. What happened to all that? What effect would the sun passing have had on Elenin's tail?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Because elenin was made of rock and ice, its tail is a trail of this ice as the sun melts it, what do think will happen to a comet made of rock and ice and a tail of ice when it gets close to an object thats is 1000's of degree's in heat...

pfft! gone.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We'll actually see Apophis many times between now and 2036. What most people don't realize is that it has an orbital period of less than a year.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yes, indeed. I noticed Apophis never wanders very far away in the long term data lists. Frankly though, it's 2029 I care about.

2029-Apr-13 21:42 0.00025463068835 -0.2202875 -12.19142
2029-Apr-13 21:43 0.00025455640191 -0.1501015 -12.36237
2029-Apr-13 21:44 0.00025451027974 -0.0798618 -12.53169
2029-Apr-13 21:45 0.00025449233860 -0.0095935 -12.69932
2029-Apr-13 21:46 0.00025450258404 0.0606783 -12.86520
Basic Apophis Data and Close Pass List (Additional Information here)

Now, by my figuring... 0.000254 converts to .099 Lunar Distance. That translates to 38,055 Kilometers. As usual, I use 500 (Earth Center) for my Observ point. Just for ya ya's, I checked distance from Earth's surface to it's core, where I believe they estimate measurement from on that code. I'm not positive on THAT one because I've never looked at an object coming SO close, that mattered.

6,378 Kilometers from Earth Surface to Core

So, taking that number, it puts Apophis an actual 31,677 Kilometers above Earth's Surface. According to This Site, True geosync orbit is 22,000 miles or 35,405 Kilometers over our heads. So....Apophis will be well inside our Geo-Sync orbit stations for that pass. Thankfully, it'll be many years before we need to think about it.

I've seen the reports around that something is not valid about that 2029 date and pass, but JPL carries it just as posted here, as of tonight...so I'll take their word for it, barring any data I'd consider more reliable. If anyone has solid contradictory data saying this is seriously inaccurate, I'd love to hear it.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Additional Info link below Ephemeris Data

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

edit on 14-10-2011 by thelazydentist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I just read that this Comet was hit by a CME as it passed through the sun, causing it to disintergrate.

Source

According to an increasing number of astronomers including its discoverer, Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) has begun disintegrating. It was hit directly by a coronal mass ejection (CME) from the sun on August 19, and soon began losing visibility – suggesting it was breaking up.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: grammar correction

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sorry, no meteor showers from comets. You probably wont be able to see this one at all without a telescope or good bonoculars.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
First off, there are entirely too many NEO objects in space at present to give total unthinking emphasis to Comet Elenin as if it is the only thing in town worth watching out for, because I can assure you, Comet Elenin is not our only worry as much as other NEO objects are.

The dates of Oct. 17-18 are also closely associated with a near earth object named TM8 that passes very close to earth on those dates. It is TM8 that also matches a recent crop circle that gives emphasis to October 18th in some yet unexplained way that leads to October 28th, 2011.

The following crop circle is how I interpreted the crop circle when it first came out. I am the one who labeled it with dates in trying to find out its meaning in relation to current objects in space like Comet Elenin and other objects.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da310963654b.jpg[/atsimg]

While the crop circle gives an emphasis to October 18th leading to the Mayan end date of October 28th, it is this exact crop circle that showed me that Comet Elenin is not what this crop circle denotes. In that regard, I think it could represent a near earth object named TM8, since TM8 also matches the crop circle dates as I depicted them on the crop circle.

The following video link will help to visually and graphical represent what I am talking about. It is a good video to better understand where on earth impacts could be expected if TM8 veers off course and impacts the earth.

YouTube video link ref TM8 and October 17th-18th.
www.youtube.com...

YU55 is another similar NEO object that is suppose to be closest to earth later on November 8-9. YU55 raises a bigger question mark on the 8th or 9th of November, which also happens to be the exact but coincidental date for the national EMS emergency test of the broadcast system that is scheduled for 11-09-11 by government officials. This is also the exact period of dates that earth and YU55 pass through the Comet Elenin debris field.

Could this imply something is going on that we aren't informed about from NASA or government officials? I think so if you consider the NASA GCN-11133 photograph in the Aleutian Islands that many think is a future impact point. Coincidence? A frightening one if it is.

YU55 modeled on orbital software showing possible impact points that match GCN11133.
www.youtube.com...

Now, with all this being put out there, we should seriously consider that on October 17 or 18 that an object, specifically TM8 and not Comet Elenin is what poses the most danger to earth should any deviation of trajectory occur before that date.

Let's give credit where credit is needed and in my honest opinion, TM8 striking earth and not Comet Elenin is what I would be watching for and preparing for in the next few days. Such an impact point could very well match the NASA GCN-11133 photo, but something tells me we are about to find out without much waiting to find out how it turned out. Let's hope for the best.

Lastly, I would add that we should stop the Comet Elenin drama and begin to see that there are currently no shortage of comets or asteroids that could ruin our day or that could cause an ELE.

Connect the dots anyway you like, but consider other space objects when talking doom and destruction, because as I stated at the beginning, Comet Elenin is not the only danger in town.

Thanks for the thread. It could have offered more discussion put into it, but as I see it, you cant discuss something you really haven't researched or seriously considered, so in that regard, I hope I have spiced up the discussion on the matter enough to get you to go looking on Google or on You Tube for more information regarding what I just posted regarding October 17th-18th and TM8 along with GCN-11133.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Elenin may have broken into pieces, but those pieces are on the same trajectory. That trajectory is nowhere near the Earth and due to the inclination the Earth will not encounter the tail or pieces of the comet. No meteor shower from Elenin.

join