It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the world’s most Alien & Beautiful Landscapes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Um, why are we throwing in some photos of human pollution disasters etc?

Pollution isn't beautiful, it's disgusting and it destroys the natural beauty.

Rio Tinto - pollution run-off from a mine. Ugly.

Gates of Hell - collapsed gas drilling well, set on fire to prevent pollution of atmosphere with gas, still burning to this day. Ugly.

Heineken's pics of factory pollution - funny sarcasm and placement. Still ugly though.

All of the other pics and locations are simply stunning though. I love looking at photos of natural wonders. I am a little perturbed that the pics of pollution disasters sneaked their way in though.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Mono was has had films shot on location, high plains drifter is one that I remember.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minesweeper

Really, wow I didn't know that. Ive seen High Plains drifter, but I didn't realize Mono Lake was included in the film. Maybe I wasn't looking, but I own the film and all of Eastwood's westerns. I have also been to Mono Lake. I will have to watch it again, but throughout the years that may have been the least one that I would rewatch anytime recently. You can include 'two mules for sister sarah as well. Outlaw Josey Wales, Pale Rider, and The good, the bad & the ugly were the best by far. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Spent more time here that I did on any other single thread today. This is just the break I needed. What an awesome collection.
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Yeah, I’ve never seen the movie but on the committee site they mention it in more detail. If I remember correctly some movie set platforms still reside at a part of the lake for another movie shot there aswell.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Some of that would look man made from space, just goes to show that natural formation can occur, just like the stuff we on mars etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Awesome post! That's what I love about nature, it is the standard of beauty. It dose not even need us to affirm it, it just is. The hardest thing about viewing these is that I'm not in them, and their not mounted on my wall.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Earth is crazy, persistent...beautiful, breathtaking and not smothering like society. Look at us now, we separated from nature, and look at us now ! Don't know about you all, but I look here at these pics, and my emotions scream out as if a child has been yanked from his mother, and he is seeing her the first time. Great pictures, educating and down-right beautiful, we can learn a lot from mother earth, if only we quiet down, and listen. Peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I believe that this world is phenomenal, but our brain can be so much more.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So much beauty - great thread! These are probably my favorites. There is so much beauty and mystery on our own world it's amazing how much there is to see here on our own beautiful planet.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Much better than the normal doom and gloom threads.

edit on 12-10-2011 by DGenR8 because: forgot 2nd line =)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
[IMG]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/7186/31964910150355440398184.jpg[/I MG]

Luray Caverns Luray, Virginia

[IMG=http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3553/31067110150355440038184.jpg][/ IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Natural Bridge, VA

Just took these pictures last weekend during a trip down to Shenandoah National Park aka Skyline Drive. Great trip with lots of nice pictures. Great thread btw also checked out your previous one. Nicely done.

edit on 13-10-2011 by RiderOnTheStorm because: Duplicated images.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Very nice post. I always enjoy looking and reading posts like this.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Here is another one to add to your list of natural wonders. The Gippsland Lakes in Victoria, Australia resembles something straight out of Pandora from Avatar. The light is created by a chemical reaction called bioluminescence, which happens when a naturally-occuring micro-organism in the water is disturbed.

Bioluminescence is essentially living light and is created when energy is released by a chemical reaction in the form of light emission.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I love the two posts that I have seen about this and the creatures. Places like this are very fascinating. I always get online and look at abandoned places on earth and it is very eerie and beautiful in a way. I like the Venus comment on The Door to Hell pic's. Peace to everyone.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Nice post made me smile before my day starts, Amazing images!! Thank you!. Its a shame that the way "we" are going things like this might not be around
Sad thought

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Beautiful this planet is amazing. Thanks TS.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Heres a couple less famous places I think are quite amazing.

Jalapao in Brazil.

This is a result of natural desertification in the middle of the rainforest.

The alps.

For me personally, some of the most amazing places in the world are in these mountains.

I also have my own pictures of these and more places... but I don't know how to add them into a post.

edit on 13-10-2011 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
these pictures are amazing,i didnt know there was so much wierd things on earth like these.great post.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I wonder how many times I have seen posts liike this on ATS, with these very same photos.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join