It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
When you visit another country it's okay to share their water. However when you "sneak in" you should be a fugitive of the law, and denied water.
Let's face it, we aren't talking about German people here, we are talking about millions and millions of mexicans coming here taking our jobs (they took our jobs!-S.P.), send their money back home, don't shop in our stores (they go to supermarcados) and so on. They contribute nothing to the local or state government including 0 tax dollars, so they don't help rebuild this country. They are destroying it without helping rebuild it.

My family came here from Sicily 50 years ago. We have all paid taxes and help build this country-because they came here legal!

So, sorry but it's a crappy world.

I would give them a glass of water if they were thirsty-don't get me wrong.

If you want to enjoy America then come here like everyone else-get a frikin green card already.

So I guess Mexicans, are the only ones that are here illegally.

Let me ask you something, do you have as much of a problem with illegal immigrants as you do with Mexicans?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest guys, I do seriously think that Alabama would be one of the few states that would TRULY benefit from laws like these, since the majority of the population there is only qualified to do the jobs that only illegal aliens would do.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.

Bravo Alabama!!

I also read today where many of the illegal moms are setting up permanent childcare to friends, families, etc who are legal to keep their children if they are deported...

more drain on the system....

This is not meant to be cruel when I say this, but they should take their kids back with them.

How dare someone sneak over her illegally, have babies, then leave them here for our tax payers to care for?

That's negligent on the parent's part.

Then they want to cry and say, "Oh its not fair, its so sad that I may have to leave my babies..." Why are you here making illegal babes in the 1st place? If you are not situated and stable, why bring babies into that condition?
edit on 10-10-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by wardk28
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.

Bravo Alabama!!

I also read today where many of the illegal moms are setting up permanent childcare to friends, families, etc who are legal to keep their children if they are deported...

more drain on the system....

This is not meant to be cruel when I say this, but they should take their kids back with them.

How dare someone sneak over her illegally, have babies, then leave them here for our tax payers to care for?

That's negligent on the parent's part.

Then they want to cry and say, "Oh its not fair, its so sad that I may have to leave my babies..." Why are you here making illegal babes in the 1st place? If you are not situated and stable, why bring babies into that condition?
edit on 10-10-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

And who are you to judge other people and their reasons to have babies?

Did you really just refer to babies as "illegal"? that's a shame.

New low point has been reached.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Illegal is illegal....

The babies themselves are not criminals; their parents are.....however, this makes the born into an illegal situation.

That is what I meant.

My disdain is toward the illegal moms, not the babies...I was saying why put your baby in this situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I live in Alabama and I, for one, applaud the state legislature for cutting off the water supply to illegals in this state. Stop feeding them, stop giving them drink, and stop allowing them to take employment away from our state's residents. Cut them off from the basic human needs and they will have no choice but to move on to other places that will tolerate them.

You are wrong, jude. Denying water to an individual is not the denying of a "basic human right". It is the denying of a basic human "need".

You NEED food to survive, but that does not give you the RIGHT to food that is not yours. Likewise, you NEED water, but you do not have the RIGHT to water that is not yours to take.

Like you, I am also a world traveller. I have lived in Italy, Germany and Thailand. I have visited (on multiple occassions) Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Cambodia and Mexico. Never once - not a single time - did I ever live in or visit a country where there was a "basic human right" to water. Yes, there was a need for water and if you had the money then you were given the opportunity to purchase the water, but the seller had absolutely no obligation to sell the water to you no matter how thirsty you might be.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Believe it or not, 'Bama has LEGAL immigrants that are just fine with this law. Illegal isn't a race,after all.

Yep. We sure do. As a matter of fact, my wife is a proud carrier of a Green Card issued by the federal government, and she is even more disgusted with illegals than I am. Why? Because she took the long, costly and correct way into America, paying the required fees and waiting the required amount of time before she could enter. She works and she pays taxes, just like an American, and it angers her that illegals get such a free ride through what we pay into with our taxes.

Being married to a foreigner benefits me in that it has opened doors for me in the Asian communities within my city. As such, I talk with other immigrants and legal residents and every one of them that I have spoken with about the illegal immigrants also agree with this law.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am betting this law you are discussing is more about increasing state revenue than anything else. If you are a US citizen but have no Alabama state documentation then you are likely not a state resident paying the state's income taxes. Alabama does not want undocumented workers in the state working under the table and not paying taxes to the state. It is that simple.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What part of illegal do you and others not understand? Let’s put this in perspective. Tomorrow while you are at work I am coming over to your home. I am going to walk right in, raid the refrigerator, watch some pay for view, drink a couple of beers you have, call my girl friend over and have sex in your bed. Then I am going to use your shower, check out your clothes in your closet and wear that $1200.00 Hickey Freeman Suit you just bought. Then I will check out that classic car in your garage the 2011 Vette and take my girl out on the town. Lastly, thanks for leaving your American Express Card and Rolex in your sock door.

Well, I hope you get it. Or maybe you are one of those 1 in a 1,000,000 that lets someone he has never met come into your home and use your stuff and take a little too. Personally if you are can I have your address?
They come into this country illegally they use our resources that our tax dollars go to provide. They take jobs away from American citizens, or legal immigrants. Plus in many cases they are provided with services I am unable to get as an American i.e. healthcare, with a translator, their children attending public schools that my kids cannot because I live in the wrong district and they do not even have an address. When are you going to enforce the laws of your community and country? When are you bleeding heart idiots going to get some back bone and do something? I’m mad, I’m broke, I’m unemployed, I have a student loan of $81,000 but the illegal Mexican I graduated with was given a grant and only had to pay in state tuition. Send me some KY Jelly when you respond to this please.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
I am betting this law you are discussing is more about increasing state revenue than anything else. If you are a US citizen but have no Alabama state documentation then you are likely not a state resident paying the state's income taxes. Alabama does not want undocumented workers in the state working under the table and not paying taxes to the state. It is that simple.

I cannot swear to it - I can only speculate - but the requirement for "documentation" of even US citizens may be a means by the state to better document state residents for voting purposes. There has been news (and whispers) of Alabama trying to come up with a way to cut down on fraudulent voters by the 2012 elections. This may have some ties to those efforts.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Apparently it's not a right, I have a water bill to prove it, and if it's not paid they shut it off until I do, therefore, only if I have money can I use the water that God put on this Earth, that in and of itself proves our government does not beleive it's a right, but a privilege. Now I having to even enter into a contract to recieve water, further proves it is not a right under our laws, also If I decide to collect rain water I can be fined, so NO it should be, but according to our facist government, it is not. But so is food, don't even get me started on that one.
BTW, I don't think it's right but you know what karma is soon to bite this whole system right in the ARSE.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Do YOU want ALL of them to move into YOUR house or YOUR neighborhood?? Spend all your income on the extra food, electricity bills and other necessities?? Only a couple you say??? Oh no no no no no no. You must take ALL of them. They are all entitled aren't they? If anyone can't answer a resounding "YES" to the question then that person is a hypocrite. "But it's not feasible, I can't take care of ALL of them and pay my bills" you say. EXACTLY my point. The USA CANNOT do it and also take care of it's own.

By the way, if we can hang a sign on a restaurant door "Restrooms for Customers only" which denies EVERYONE a basic need, then we can deny services to illegals from any country.

I never understand what part of ILLEGAL some people don't get???

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why are people comparing illegal immigrants to criminals breaking into your house to steal your stuff etc?

Do only certain people deserve water? No.

Please don't compare people breaking into restaurants to steal the food, because it's not the same.

This is about people who were born in 3rd world countries, with no prospects in their life and their kids would have most likely faced the same realities.

So what did these people do? They decided to come here to the U.S illegally because they don't have the means necessary to apply for citizenship and pay all the dues.

However, they don't come here to "steal" your water, or food or houses. They pay rent just like all of us, they also pay for the food they consume, and pay for their utilities.

So no one is stealing anything from you all.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They "pay" their rent, utilities and food from our taxes via food stamps, gov. subsidized housing and utilities AND medical care. You really don't know do you? Your naivity is astounding. Did you answer yes to the question of housing them personally in your home? How many do you want? I will say it again, if can't answer with more than none, you are a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why are people comparing illegal immigrants to criminals breaking into your house to steal your stuff etc?

Do only certain people deserve water? No.

Please don't compare people breaking into restaurants to steal the food, because it's not the same.

This is about people who were born in 3rd world countries, with no prospects in their life and their kids would have most likely faced the same realities.

So what did these people do? They decided to come here to the U.S illegally because they don't have the means necessary to apply for citizenship and pay all the dues.

However, they don't come here to "steal" your water, or food or houses. They pay rent just like all of us, they also pay for the food they consume, and pay for their utilities.

So no one is stealing anything from you all.

And I suppose that you are also going to try to convince us that they pay their fair share of payroll taxes which help to fund the school systems where they send their children, thereby creating a condition of overcrowding and increased limitations on the attention that educators can spend on the legal citizens and legal residents that attend their classes. And when they pay their taxes, they also help to fund the emergency services that they take full advantage of as well, right?

So, what did these people do that was so criminal? Hmmmm... not only do they tresspass upon our nation's land, but when they do so in large numbers such as what is happening in America, it becomes an unarmed invasion by a foreign force. In order to possibly avoid detection, they then commission the employment of document makers to commit the felony of grand forgery in making fake government documents for themselves and their companions (these same crimes, American citizens can get sentenced to ten years or more for committing).

I guess we cannot forget that a large majority of the illegals coming up from Mexico pay their passage to the coyotes by acting as mules, carrying illegal narcotics into America for distribution to our children. When they cross into America, they leave a blanket of garbage strewn so wide and deep that you can hardly believe there is sand somewhere beneath it.

I can go on and on as to how these illegals harm America and her people, and how they commit more than just the crime of wanting better for themselves.

YES, they are stealing from me. They are stealing from me by using the limited resources of our government which I paid for with my taxes, but which they do not pay for. They are stealing from me by shipping the money that they earn in America back into their foreign countries, thereby devaluating the purchasing power of my dollar (its a matter of economics... look it up). They are stealing from me (not really me, but my friends) when they take jobs at pennies on the dollar that Americans could be working at.

And if they even try to vote, using their falsified documents, then they steal from me my unique rights as a citizen of these United States of America.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Do any of you actually realize that we took this country by force. Half of my family has been here since 1621 and the other half since 1850, does that make one half better than the other?

I would get on to the Guinness Book of World Records- your family consists of the oldest people in the world by some considerable margin!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sneak into most any other country in the world and you risk getting shot or slammed into prison.

So where do you people get off thinking it is OK to just illegally enter the U.S. and have all these rights?

People don't like where they are then get a set and do something to change it instead of expecting to come here and live the good life on the backs of thousands of American Soldiers who died so AMERICAN CITIZENS can live the American dream!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I don't care if an unemployed college grad is willing to pick fruit. The point is that the option will be available to that unemployed college grad.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And quite a few of them come here illegally because they have criminal records and would be denied entry. Anyone can come into this country as long as you are not a criminal and do it the legal way.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I wonder if any of the ILLEGAL immigrants paid state taxes that helps keep the water treatment plants up and running?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join