It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange, glowing object that put Missouri on "UFO alert" this week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I heard about this during the Cardinals playoff game this week and got excited because i never hear about any UFO sightings in Missouri. I live in St.Louis and i heard of sightings here in town as well. Here is a link and photo of the sighting for everyone... io9.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
good find man. the question is, is this recent wave of sightings part of tptb acclimation plan?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Strange looking object. It's just a shame that there's no video or more photos.
Strange that it was seen by various people over a number of days and there's only one photo.
I wouldn't like to suggest what it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The reports coming in from Missouri are dominating the list at mufon.com this whole week... Been some interesting ones, and quite a few different reports of the same sighting from different people there...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

But the witness accounts are interesting and seem to follow other accounts from other areas(triangle shape,seeming to break off into smaller craft)..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's great that there have been so many reports, some people are saying that some of them have been explained away as aircraft.

As for the picture of the UFO, it immediately reminded me of the 80's film 'Runaway' starring Tom Selleck. The ufo looks like one of the robot spiders in that film, strange but true!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Looks like an RC Kite they can really maneuver if anyone has watched the videos of them they are really neat!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
On a really clear dark night you can see the international space station from the ground without a telescope. That's what I think we are looking at... Different angles and atmospheric distortion can make it look pretty odd. Look at these pictures of the ISS taken from the ground.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is a great find thank you..I wish there was more photographs whatever this object is it reminds me of something from (War Of The Worlds) very robot looking ..I'm hopeing more pics or videos come out ..S&F Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
very interesting indeed! Im not sure how others stand on this but it reminds me of the "demon locusts" talked about in revelation www.biblegateway.com...

but then, there could be any number of explanations of this phenomena. It kind of looks like a mantis in a way, though..could be anything I suppose. I will certainly keep an eye on this one and other stories like it. Thank you.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Th1nker

If you read the report people say this object was hovering low over traffic. So unless the space station has Vertical take off and lift i am thinking not the space station...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

It seems to me we should have a lot of ATSers in that area . . . is there anyway to U2U the group of them and ask them how many saw anything?

I hope they find this thread and register whatever they saw.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
am i the only one who's seeing an ant in this picture

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

it does look insect like lol

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I saw that too

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
It's great that there have been so many reports, some people are saying that some of them have been explained away as aircraft.

As for the picture of the UFO, it immediately reminded me of the 80's film 'Runaway' starring Tom Selleck. The ufo looks like one of the robot spiders in that film, strange but true!

THANK YOU!!!!
I saw that movie so many years ago and I have had it in my mind the latest three years.
Wanted to see it again but I could not remember the name of the movie or any actors, just had those blurry memories, so it has been impossible for me to find the movie and see it again.
You just made this year for me!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th1nker
On a really clear dark night you can see the international space station from the ground without a telescope. That's what I think we are looking at... Different angles and atmospheric distortion can make it look pretty odd. Look at these pictures of the ISS taken from the ground.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

After seeing this picture, I would say that the UFO is no longer a UFO.
Debunked...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

So how do you debunk all the different witness testimony all seeing the same thing?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
After seeing this picture, I would say that the UFO is no longer a UFO.
Debunked...

Debunked???? I don't think so. There is a slight similarity to the photo of the ISS but it is clearly obvious that they are not the same objects.
I've seen the ISS without a scope and it is just a fast moving bright dot in the sky. Unless the ISS is much closer to the ground in this area, I suspect that the object in question is something else.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Hmm honestly I was rather focused on the picture and missed some serious information in the text.
But now I see, "flying low over cars".... That does not sound like the ISS. At least not yet.
My debunked comment is no longer valid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join