It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Texas, 1997: Green Berets attacked by Mexican narco-mercenaries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

South Texas, 1997: Green Berets attacked by Mexican narco-mercenaries

www.wilso ncountynews.com

The Texas Department of Agriculture, along with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), took the highly unusual step of commissioning a military-style “assessment of the impact of illegal activity along the Texas-Mexico border on rural landowners and the agriculture industry.” Two retired Army generals turned national-security consultants, Barry McCaffrey and Robert Scales, wrote the resulting 182-page report, released last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.texasagriculture.gov
www.texasagriculture.gov

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This story tells a chilling tale of American involvement In COIN operations in Mexico dating back Decades

these operations have involved counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist doctrine, particularly since insurgent and terrorist organizations began using narco-residuals since the 1970s. By the 1980s, traffickers

the story also details a report of the the summer of 1997, elements of the 20th Special Forces Group (National Guard) was sent to support Joint Task Force-6, headquartered at Fort Bliss, Texas, near El Paso. JTF-6 ...

there mission was to pull surveillance in Texas along a suspected corridor used to traffic drugs and illegal aliens from Mexico...

The SF troops established “hide sites” and commenced to observe the terrain. Early into the operation, several armed parties were observed entering the operational area; the SF observers radioed appropriate reports to JTF-6. An estimated 50 individuals were observed -- several miles inside Texas -- all armed with AK-series and some Israeli-made Galil assault rifles. (Both are common weapons in Mexico and throughout Latin America.) The Special Forces soldiers agreed these Mexican gunmen were conducting what amounted to a reconnaissance patrol.

In no time, the Special Forces soldiers came under heavy gunfire, on U.S. soil.

The teams requested permission to return fire, which was denied. Then they requested an immediate extraction, which was also denied. Instead, they were told to await extraction by the Border Patrol. The SF troops remained behind cover, under small-arms fire at a range of perhaps 100 yards.

the second link I provided is to the Texas Department to read the full report... the third link is for the full 187 page brief in pdf format... In a few minutes I will also upload to my site ... will add that link once it's up

www.wilso ncountynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Okay I got the report up'ed to Scribd Link to doc
Link to all my uploaded Doc's at Scribd
edit on 8-10-2011 by GrandpaDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That story can be found hereI found an older story on this same piece...

“Washington keeps telling us our border is more secure than ever, but this detailed military assessment, by two of America’s top generals, offers proof to the contrary,” Commissioner Staples said. “It’s time to shed the cloak of denial and protect our citizens and national security. Would Washington stand by and allow terrorists from Canada to make daily incursions into New York? The answer is a resounding, ‘No.’ We expect and demand that same level of protection in Texas. It’s time for Washington to uphold its constitutional duty to protect Americans on their home soil.”

It's almost like TPTB are leaving our southern border open just to incite a military action with Mexico...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandpaDave

It's almost like TPTB are leaving our southern border open just to incite a military action with Mexico...

I can believe that. That is among what I suspect is being done. That is what I suspect to be one of the many Drug War agendas and perhaps the grandaddy (no offense) of all of them. That is what it all apprest to be to me from my perspective here in the central highlands of Mexico.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
@ Op.

I do not know if you know Gary Webb and Peter Dale Scott:

Peter Dale Scott:
Have a look:
More to research:

I can tell you that the CIA/ FBI and other Three Letter Organizations
sacrificed and killed Thousands of US/ as well as other Nations Soldiers!

It is a common way for the US Government to destabilize a Country through Drugs
and the Fights because of the huge amount of Money!

Literally every piece of Weapon in the South of the Americas are produced
and sold by the US, and i don't mean a Pistol or other tiny accessories!

If you are in need for Material just send a Message, i have a few Gigabyte

edit on 8-10-2011 by Human0815 because: info

edit on 8-10-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I know one of the soldiers who was part of that.

At the time he was a mech sgt for an SF Ateam. He told me about it in 2000 and thought he was just blowing smoke. I knew he was former SF, just thought he was telling war stories.

Very interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by GrandpaDave

Here's my take on why tptb have ignored the southern border issue:

1) Exploitation of illegals for cheap labor,keeping wages low for citizens.

2) Less exposure of drug shipments to be confiscated.

I think it's obvious our government has been complicit in distribution of illegal drugs and the resulting profits since the Vietnam era.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

That is correct.

The North American Union will come to be.

The current situation of breaking up the country into individual and regional "Cartels" is by design.

It's called "Balkanization". Where a nation is fractured into parts making it easier to overtake.

We can then use our and the Mexican military to take out Cartel by Cartel or even use some of our own cartels allied with the CIA to do the job.

The ultimate goal is to annex Mexico for their natural resources and their hardworking cheap labor.

People don't realize this but Mexicans are some of the hardest working people in the World working the longest workdays and for the least amount of pay.

PEACE

www.mainstreet.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
@ Op.

Peter Dale Scott:
Have a look:
More to research:

Literally every weapon? C'mon

They are getting weapons from many sources, not just the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I agree. I have never met a lazy Mexican in my life. But I'm sure they are out there...just have'nt met them yet.

This is spinning beyond the control of the people who are managing it in my opinion.

One of Murphys laws of Combat.

• Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs.

No offense intended GranpaDave as I know you may take issue with this one. Just sayin' though in respect to those who are mangeing the OP, not the Soldiers.

edit on 8-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

@ Op.

Peter Dale Scott:
Have a look:
More to research:

They get very few guns from the U.S.A. since ours are too expensive and not fully automatic.

They buy guns from Russia, China, North Korea and a few sources in North Africa.

A full auto AK can be had for $200 in any country in Africa.
edit on 8-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I understand that a seal team at Naval Special Warfare training facility at Niland, Ca was called to the Chocolate Mountain bombing range because of a large party of armed illegals(possible Mexican military?) were crossing the bombing range. from what i understand they followed the armed illegals for miles as they went around the border patrol chockpoint just north of the Niland area.

I understand the seals wanted air support and a green light to take on the illegals but the border patrol told them to stand down.

The seals claimed that the illegals were military trained and used military patrol techniques.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the only things i have to say about this thread,which are a lot,is this > www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The border issues are not unknown by those on the beltway. There have requests after requests for more man-power, weaponary, intelligence etc etc from Border Patrol for years now. Wouldn't want to cut off the C.I.A.'s drug route now. Would we??

edit on 10/8/2011 by Humint1 because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well that was a very discouraging blast from the past. Still, the incident took place during the early part of NAFTA and I don't think President Clinton would want an international incident on his administrations hands? One that involves Army Spec Ops troops engaging drug runners on US soil. People tend to get a little upset when hearing about the US military conducting operations on US soil.

Then the Mexican government could have put their special spin on the incident as well. For instance, "Our citizens where maimed, mutilated, and killed by the US Army while seeking a better life in America." Fortunately, none of the Green Berets were killed in this incident. What would have been the government response to that? Would they deny it? The border is a sticky area. Things have gotten out of hand. Interesting story, and great find OP!
edit on 9-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
And to further undermine citizens, Governor Brown of California signed a state version of the 'Dream Act' encouraging further illegal immigration. To legal immigrants the illegals are known as line cutters, criminals who live in an underground economy while not paying for public services that the rest of us have pay for.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by TDawgRex

@ Op.

Peter Dale Scott:
Have a look:
More to research:

They get very few guns from the U.S.A. since ours are too expensive and not fully automatic.

They buy guns from Russia, China, North Korea and a few sources in North Africa.

A full auto AK can be had for $200 in any country in Africa.
edit on 8-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Investigation: US retailers fuel Mexico's drug wars

Source:

A new study released by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) reveals that "Over 90 percent of the firearms seized in Mexico and traced over the last 3 years have come from the United States" and that "the firearms seized in Mexico have been increasingly more powerful and lethal in recent years."

Source:

The US Arms Both Sides of Mexico's Drug War

Source:

Mexico: Dynamics of the Gun Trade

Source:

In the case you need more please let me know,
i am very good in Narcopolitics

And a African AK 47 is not trustable nor powerful enough!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

That 90% figure was debunked in less than a week after it came out. Even Hillary Clinton backtracked from it when people started questioning it.

They based it on requests from Mexico to trace the history of recovered guns, and 90% of the guns Mexico submitted to the ATF were from here. But they only submit guns recovered at crime scenes, and then only if they think it came from here.

If they recover Chinese made AK's and such they don't submit them, because they know they didn't come from the U.S..

The real number is around 20%.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I also agree that the 90% figure was political theater.... HOWEVER

How many US made weapons make up the black market supply?

Weapons manufacturer's around the globe are protective of their revenue sources.

The motive means and opportunity to abuse the trust of the citizens exists in all countries... heaven help us when they cooperate.... also what 'front' do they use to deflect our scrutiny.... something like the ham-handed "fast and furious" stratagem?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Harold Coyle, Military Author (the Tom Clancy of Ground Warfare) wrote a book in the mid 90's called "trial by fire". It details border issues and an invasion of the US into Northern Mexico. A bit dated, but very interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join