It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Freemasonry

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I know you know the big picture.
You have more vision than most. But Freemasonry's secrets are nothing that need be revealed for any reason that I can think of. (seeing as how they have been quite a few times before)
What secrets were you referring to?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
What secrets were you referring to?

Oh now that my friend is cutting to the chase.

You know I cannot reveal them in any other way or manner than how I received them.

Don't try me with the rule, square, or gavel.

Try me by walking in my shoes.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 11-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

ha, ha, no, again, The secrets in masonry are few and not at all earth shattering, as you know. I thought you were referring to something else.

How about this,
What do you think would be gained by the secrets being revealed? Again?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think masons are just like anybody else....they can be good people, evil people, and a combination of both good and evil all at once.....that is called being human, and i think that is the "big secret" to masonry. Of course I do not know, just a guess on my part....

My only question would be, if I am right and that is the "secret" then why keep it secret?

I am guessing a mason would say that people have to come to that realization in their own way and only if they desire to know the truth. I guess that is why they refer to themselves as traveling men....they are traveling on the path that will lead them home to the grand architect.

But I am presuming all of this....i am a female so no secrets for me, no matter what!

And BTW last time I checked humanity/human nature and our ability to know ourselves is not a conspiracy....accept perhaps here at ATS where everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
I think masons are just like anybody else....they can be good people, evil people, and a combination of both good and evil all at once.....that is called being human, and i think that is the "big secret" to masonry. Of course I do not know, just a guess on my part....

My only question would be, if I am right and that is the "secret" then why keep it secret?

I am guessing a mason would say that people have to come to that realization in their own way and only if they desire to know the truth. I guess that is why they refer to themselves as traveling men....they are traveling on the path that will lead them home to the grand architect.

Shhhhhh

But I am presuming all of this....i am a female so no secrets for me, no matter what!

I am a male. Everything about you is a secret to me.

And BTW last time I checked humanity/human nature and our ability to know ourselves is not a conspiracy....accept perhaps here at ATS where everything is a conspiracy.

Damn you are GOOD!!!!!!!

LoL

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

the secrets that we promise to keep are very few. They are the passwords and the grips. The true "secrets" are not kept from anyone, yet most never find them. You have to look for them. They are the things our ancient brethren though we should know. Not just masons, philosophers from lots of groups. The trouble is, the secrets aren't something that will bring power or wealth, just personal betterment. So most don't bother to look.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Females are just like males we just can't pee standing up! (sighs with envy)

everything you think, I promise you there is a woman somewhere thinking the same or similar things. Everything you feel women feel too....I don't know where the disconnect happens.....somewhere the connection is lost between the men and women....but when that connection is found between two people, amazing things happen.

Although as a female I will admit, sometimes being secretive is simply just more fun!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Don't even get me started on the secret handshake thing!!!! LOL!

My dad is a mason, my husband is a mason and if I had a penis, I'd join just to find out what the handshake is!!

To all the men who slay the masons for being secretive, I really wonder why they don't just join and find out.

After all how else can they really know if the masons are a bunch of devil worshipping baby killing, goat loving guys unless they become a part of it themselves.....

I guess that is the catch 22..... If they did join and it turned out they were right then they'd be in a world of #. So I guess you have to take that risk if you really want to get to the truth.....and you got to accept responsibility for the truth you do find, no matter what the truth might be.

Until you do that, why critize some group you have no real knowledge of?

Damn handshake......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yep, that pretty much sums it up... The reason we don't just hand out enlightenment is because it would be wasted on those who aren't looking for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
The reason we don't just hand out enlightenment is because it would be wasted on those who aren't looking for it.

And watch me prove it in these threads!

Well said my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 11-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

My dad is a mason, my husband is a mason and if I had a penis, I'd join just to find out what the handshake is!!

My wife's Dad is a Mason, and her Uncle, and her husband now, and she thought she knew the handshake! Her Dad showed her a secret handshake many, many years ago, and she has always remembered it, and she showed it to me. As I fumbled through the long thing, it became quite obvious I didn't know how to do it, and she realized it was just a silly handshake her Dad had made up for her.

In reality, it was WAY COOLER than any Masonic handshake, so she was the lucky one. But she has been pissed ever since then, and she feels just like you! If she had a Penis, she would be a Mason, and since her Dad has 3 girls, she thinks she should get to be a Mason anyway. She wants to be a Shriner too!

She joined OES and D.O.N. but it just isn't really the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
She joined OES and D.O.N. but it just isn't really the same.

Of course it isn't, and it was never meant to be forbidden to women. This is something your French counter parts figured out and that has caused a sore wound between the two.

Until the wound is healed, the body will suffer.

If you open the Holy Bible and used it as your rule and guide, you will see quite clearly that in the beginning God created Man.

This is the species Man which in the beginning, did not see any real seperation between the two.

The second realisation was differences between the sexes. Then was woman made.

It is merely an illusion.

So, I am in support of our more liberal French Brethren (which includes sisters) and hope the "Regular" lodges realise their errors soon.

This from the stone the builders rejected.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh, and to any Prince Hall brethren who may object to the above scenario, know this.

I fought in the North Carolina Grand Lodge by way of vote so that YOU could join us in lodge together.

It was a battle which took three years to succeed, but I, with the help of like minded brethren from both sides, brought together a great divide.

Imagine the divide we could cross if we tried.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I see both sides of the argument. "Harmony being the goal of all societies" and women are not always good for harmony, but then again, the men bicker just as much sometimes. Also, I hate to change tradition. No matter how incorrect tradition is, I just love tradition and I hate change for the most part.

But, all that said, I do think my wife would make just as good or better of a Mason than me. I don't see any real logical reason to keep them out. From what I see of the OES and DON, they are not even close to the same caliber of teaching that Masonry is. But, perhaps that is all the more reason to not change the tradition of Masonry? Instead of improving it, we might bring it down to the level of other groups?

I don't know the answer personally, so I will continue to just side with tradition, it has worked for this long.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I don't know the answer personally, so I will continue to just side with tradition, it has worked for this long.

Let the dead bury the dead.

Tradition vs Right

Tradition vs Truth

I see more in Freemasonry than Freemasonry sees in itself.

How is the temple symbolically laid?

There is no such thing as something without purpose.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yeah, handing out enlightenment is like handing out a user manual in a foreign language....if you can't read the language it is useless.....S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Let the dead bury the dead.

Tradition vs Right

Tradition vs Truth

I see more in Freemasonry than Freemasonry sees in itself.

How is the temple symbolically laid?

There is no such thing as something without purpose.

With Love,

Your Brother

and how should a master mason be prepared for advancement?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the lady should be informed about co-masonry. women can be enlightened, history shows that there have been many female overachievers. there are those who base their "females are less than" idealogy on middle eastern influences that say a female brought sin into the world, this stands unproven like most religions therefore it is most likely a myth, an allegory, not an actual historical event.

once again the masons here are dodging, i have not forgotten about masonic appendent body activities and i do not want the masons to think that any other nons have forgot about those either.

as for masons patting themselves on the back over advances made as result of their opposition to the vatican empire.....the masses will occasionally get some benefits as the two dark entities try to show each other up.

anytime you have a secretive organization you will have secret activities performed by said organizations to preserve its agenda/existence. human beings are survivalists and not far removed from a rabid animal and the addition of intelligence just makes that animal more cunning and sinister. get like minded rabid animals in a group and you have a mob.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
anytime you have a secretive organization you will have secret activities performed by said organizations to preserve its agenda/existence. human beings are survivalists and not far removed from a rabid animal and the addition of intelligence just makes that animal more cunning and sinister.

Yes, but how much intelligence is key to having people understand your goal, or fearing it out of sheer stupidity.

For this site to have so many Superior minds, there sure are a lot of sub-par ones to offset the balance. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i do not think the superiors bother posting on this website or reading anything on it for that matter. they may be concerned about actual physical events like arab spring and other occupy movements especially if they occur "close to home".

all the posters and readers on this website including myself are sheep/cattle.

the real masters of our planet have nothing to fear from idle verbal speculation. what they fear is complete and total anarchy where the strong kill off the weak, survival of the fittest.

when even the military forces are weakened to the point of near destruction and total chaos....that is when the fat, rich, pampered, rulers will be plundered, debauched, raped and then historically forgotten.

their wealth destroyed/redistributed.

the remnant that survive will return to our core..we are hunter/gatherers.

given enough time the survivors will rebuild and....history repeats itself.

the phoenix hatches and flies out from the ashes of its previous incarnation.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join