It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Sorry, wandering off topic there which sadly is something that i find very easy.

Back on topic, does anyone remember the elderly chinese guy telling the jumper to get on wit it and stop being so selfish as to disrupt everbody else in the traffic? While rather callous of him, it is actually hard to logically argue with his point.

Same as with this original case. Whilst a sad tale, he either wants to live or die. If he wants to die, jump, if he wants to live then don't. Simple really. Why involve other people in this? That smacks of selfishness and ego.

If people want help, they generally seek it when desperate enough - and, lets face it, if you are truly suicidal then you are rather desperate in your situation

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonred
Yet the ignorance of the British masses will look upon these people as nothing more than violent criminals who deserve to be locked up or dead, failing to understand, or even simply not caring, why this situation is happening. Most likely because they benefit from the corruption of this nation. "

The fact that people think this shows that they totally misunderstood the riots, attributed things to them that just weren't there (such as a political drive or being fed up with the system) and even encourage behaviour like we saw which was simply criminal, not political.

Anyone who tries to justify the riots has no credibility in my or most other sensible people's eyes. Even more so if they aren't even resident in the country.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

And what starving people are we allowing to die?

In the UK, no-one is "allowed" to starve to death. Even terrorists who go on hunger strike are force fed.

Unless, of course, you're reffering to places such as Africa, which are far more their own problems of their own making. We already give more as a nation (both privately and through offical aid) than almost anywhere else on the planet. What more would you have us do? The only sure-fire way of dealing with issues in Africa and the like is to invade, take them over and run their countries for them, but we got told 60 years ago we were'nt allowed to do that....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Exactly. And then to slate the British people.... almost all of his posts are like this, not one positive post. most of the threads he has commented on relate to the UK so this thread is nothing more than attempt to flame and then bitch.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would also like to add that historically Britain has always been a tolerant place (apart from a dodgy spell in the middle ages if you were jewish or catholic).

Even the Celtic tribes worshipped differing gods without too much trouble. Maybe it is being separated from the mainland but we seem to have a fairly relaxed outlook as a people

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by vivalarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The person I wrote this for read it. In hindsight I should have u2u'd. Sorry
edit on 6-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: Retracted

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

You are more ignorant than I am.

Of course we still feed people to the lions.

Just look arounnd you.

Also, I would like you to stop trying to correct me.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Although we do not all sit in an arena and watch people hack each other to death or fight wild animals to the death, we are no better then we were 2000 years ago. We still go around killling each other, we F each other over for a promotion or for self esteem.

The is a movie quote that will always stick in my mind. It is from Aliens and I will have to paraphrase it as I do not remeber the exact wording, only the meaning. Ripley speaks to Burke. "I don't know who is worse. At least you don't see them Fing each other for a percentage". How true it is.

We are miserable self, centred, egotistic and will never change. Is it any surprise they egged him on? It only takes half a dozen to take up the call and soon, the rest of the sheep are following.

Advanced in 2000 years? Us? Nah.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by vivalarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Depending who was in charge, all religious and ethnic groups at one point or another were persecuted, be they Jews, Catholics of Protestants. In fact, at some points in time, previously persecuted people ended up either being invited back (Jews at various points) or actually in charge (both Protestant and Catholic).

Also, it is worth pointing out that while slavery was common practice globally in the 18th century, English courts ruled that any man, no matter his colour, on English soil had the same rights, priveledges and protections as an Englishman. Black persons who managed to get to England would automatically be free and would have the same rights as any white man.

The UK was also one of the first nations to ban slavery and actively hunted down slave traders, including US ones, in the early 19th century until the rest of the world caught up.

We're not that bad a bunch, no matter what some morons say.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Did you know that the first land owner in the US to officially own a slave was black?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

You will find people will correct you when you make stupid, sweeping statements.

Don't like it? Don't make stupid statements.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think I recall in another thread the OP is Welsh.
As a matter of fact this isn't his only post hearkening on about "Typical British Behavior", It seems to be his catchphrase.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Indeed!

A fact glossed over by the revisonists and people wanting "reperations". Another salient point that isn't often mentioned is "who sold the slaves to the traders back in Africa?"...

Anyway, off topic, but I thought I'd bring up the points I did to demonstrate we're not total savages.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

You will find people will correct you when you make stupid, sweeping statements.

Don't like it? Don't make stupid statements.

Hell, sometimes people even correct you when you're correct sometimes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Interesting, my experience with the British people were that they were very friendly, accommodating, and wonderful people.

But I am sure there are jerks over in England. No doubt there are dicks everywhere you go.

It just wasn't my experience when I went there for vacation twice. I had such a good time there, that I would go again because it is such a nice place to visit.

Can't blame a whole population for the bad actions of a few.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

Yes they do.
Another example of fine human nature.
You are right, but I will correct you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't condemn the people encouraging the guy to jump, pretty much most people are idiots so why bother.

I wouldn't care for the guy jumping but my stance on suicide is that you should not do it this way simply because of the people that are left behind.

Make it look like an accident at least. These jumpers are usually just trying to get attention, probably the case here as well. It's a sad story behind most of these suicidal people if not all.

And yeah I did save some people in the past from killing themselves. I always tell them I do it once and hang up the second time they call. Had people dying on the phone, never felt guilty cause I tried once, their choice.

It's just very disrespectful to the people who love you and most of them forget that there's always someone out there.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Hahaha, yes.

reply to post by FriendlyGopher

And some people are just completely insane. Modern society doesn't foster sanity very well, if you look around you'll see this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join