It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd urged asylum seeker to jump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting and sums up the mentality of the british people.

A failed asylum seeker fell from the seventh floor of a Nottingham tower block after being taunted by a crowd of people, an inquest has heard. Osman Rasul Mohammed, 27, an Iraqi Kurd, had been in Britain for almost 10 years when an application to stay in the country was rejected. The inquest in Nottingham heard he climbed on to the railing of a balcony in a distressed state in 2010. Coroner Maureen Casey said a "baying" crowd below called on him to jump. The inquest heard Mr Mohammed died at Clifford Court in Radford on 25 July last year after he became very distressed about his immigration status.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now every single person in that crowd should be arrested and imprisoned for murder. They are bullies, they prey on a vulnerable person, someone who has nothing and nobody. Typical british behaviour..

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Typical british behaviour? Can you expand on that one a bit please? Speaking for my area, we are generally a friendly bunch with a few a*#!holes, pretty much same as every where else on the planet.........

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Exactly , despite having a a minority of idiots, we are one of the most tolerant countries on the planet.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i have to remind: a bully is not born a bully, nearly the exact "inputs" of intolerance and hatefulness is necessary to "create" a bully.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I wish it was just a minority. In my experience, the majority dont give a damn about anything other than themselves, and its the minority that are actually decent human beings. Its amazing how quick these so-called tolerant people will turn if they hear a rumour or their friends have opinions that they either have to go along with or be ostracised.

In my experience, britain is a land of ignorance, bullies, predators and hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

In my experience, britain is a land of ignorance, bullies, predators and hypocrites.

please enlighten us to this experience of yours. id love to hear this...

also.. it is very relevant.. where are you from?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The sad fact is that humans are digusting and always have been.

The Romans put the Christians against the lions.

The gladiators had to fight to the death.

The crowds loved it.

We will never change that - but as individual humans, we are capable of caring for others.

And I think that is our challenge - we are born horrible, and we have to try to improve.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Typical british behaviour..

Heck that's typical human behavior.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
The sad fact is that humans are digusting and always have been.

The Romans put the Christians against the lions.

The gladiators had to fight to the death.

The crowds loved it.

We will never change that - but as individual humans, we are capable of caring for others.

And I think that is our challenge - we are born horrible, and we have to try to improve.

er.. that was approx 2000 years ago, i think we have moved on a little bit since then..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

No, we have not moved on.

That was my point.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Actually this is not uncommon when it comes to suicide jumpers, and is something that takes place in every country by people of all creed, color, and faith. I know this sounds sick and twisted, and it is,

Click here, and you will see what I mean - lmgtfy.com...

Now that you can see how common it is, I hope that you will also see that this article has nothing to do with the British but rather people as a whole. Seeing past the story presented, and digging for the truths can usually be done just with common sense. I watched a documentary called "the bridge", where cameras were set up along the san francisco bridge, and they recorded jumper after jumper taking their lives. The personal stories of the victims are also included, and in no way is it a faces of death like production. Many people paid no attention to the people getting prepared to take their lives, and walked right on past, others watched waiting to witness the spectacle about to take place. Almost no one tried to intervene, however some were successfully talked down, or physically prevented from taking their lives by complete strangers that risked their lives in some instances climbing onto the outside deckings of the bridge to try and help.

I imagine that the same people that took little notice, and the ones that waited patiently to bear witness would be the ones to start chanting "jump" if only someone had uttered the words"

From "The bridge" this should make everyone feel a little better about everyone else.

They get restrained because many of the people physically saved, try to break lose, and get over the edge,

If you are ready to shed tears, and can stomach it than the full movie can be found here HERE

edit on 6-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: added a positive video about saving people, and a link to an a very well put together documentary

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
He didn't have to jump though did he. I can remember being told several things as a kid, which still rings true today.
Example, would you put your head in a lighted gas oven because i said so.....answer, no.

Cant see how this would be any different

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

No, we have not moved on.

That was my point.

of course we have... we dont feed people to lions anymore and gladiators dont fight to the death.

you are talking of a time when europe was full of barbarians and tribes.. we have come a long long way since then..

of course, there are still problems around the world.. but to say humans are disgusting and always will be is a slightly ignorant statement.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I have been through this in Hawaii, a young lad on top of a hotel being egged on by the mindless idiots below, it is nothing i ever want to endure again, the baying turning to shocks as he leapt, the utter silence as he fell and then the sound as he hit, which will live with me forever. I went back to my room and cried with my wife who was along side me.
The idiots who egged this poor chap in Nottingham on i hope feel guilt for their actions, i hope the reality of the situation hit home to them.
I live 5 miles from Nottingham, it is not a rough out of control city, its a nice place and generally very nice people but the world has a sad element of people who never truly understand what they are doing until it is to late!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2011 by vivalarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Typical British behaviour is it? Do elaborate on your "experiences", although I am sure they are not actual experiences and are probably, at best, brief glimpses.

This is behaviour you will find the world over. There will always be a totally nobhead somewhere you whill shout "jump" and I am sure I can find examples from wherever you live. Should I then assume that all people from where you are are morons? No, of course not.

Where do you live/hail from?

As for the topic, it's sad, but no-one made him jump so no-one can be charged for "murder". In actual fact, the article says his friend was there with him but even he made no effort to stop him, so what does that say?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
'Firefly' is entitled to his opinions on 'typical british behaviour' as he is also entitled to his way of thinking that the recent riots were justified and that we will end up thanking the rioters for the way they acted...
A quote from the 'Riots in tottenham' thread.

" I agree. Some of these business looted are run by some of the most corrupt and dirty people on the planet. Its all a load of hypcoritical bull#. These riots are justified, and there is no other way to take on the police or government because they consistantly change the rules and goalposts so they never lose."

now one from the 'Londons Burning' thread...

"Hopefully in the near future, people will look back on this and thank these people for starting what will result in the reform of our government and policing. These people are doing something about it, they are not pandering to the policital correctness, they are not protesting in the way we are told to, which lets face it, is any way in which is absolutely NO threat at all to the status quo, and thats what needs to change.

Yet the ignorance of the British masses will look upon these people as nothing more than violent criminals who deserve to be locked up or dead, failing to understand, or even simply not caring, why this situation is happening. Most likely because they benefit from the corruption of this nation. "

As you can see, his intelligence is equal to his ignorance. someone who can justify the way these animals behaved as the correct way to influence social reform is lacking in a certain amount of the grey matter. however someone who then slags off the rest of the population who pay their taxes, etc..is indeed an ignorant Anglophobe.
Just 2 examples of the posts that he has come up with.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

please enlighten us to this experience of yours. id love to hear this...

also.. it is very relevant.. where are you from?

Seconded. Personally i love this country for its friendly, easy open nature. At the end of the day, we are one the few "western" nations with the ability to laugh at ourselves. In my opinion, that is a true sign of civilization - why take yourself so seriously when you are in reality insignificant?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes, we do still feed people to the lions. We let starving people die. And we don't help them. Rich people don't care about starving people.

Some of us try to help, but it is not enough.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
if op is an american citizen: the reason why such things dont happen in the u.s. is, that the u.s.a. is a far less inhabited than most part of europe. the more "crowded" countries in europe are not comparable with the width and freedom of america.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join