It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somethings NOT right with that that Object that struck the Sun. Has to be BS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 17sok

What happened here? What was this one? Special "comet" (there was no CME)?

This one?

Those were merely coincidences.

Just playing the devil's advocate here.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The Planet is round, not flat! jeez!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by king Pop!p
Why NASA never mentioned anything about it? I mean, if the Sun is a million times larger then the Earth shouldn't we have seen something that large in our sky, and be warned? That thing had to be 1000x bigger then the Earth, if not, more.

Also, how could it have been a comet, if comets are ice celestial bodies? Shouldn't it have melted way before getting to the sun? Either way you slice it, something is not right about that video/image.
edit on 5-10-2011 by king Pop!p because: (no reason given)

*facepalm*

Do some research before you begin fear mongering!!!

Seriously, the thing wasn't even half the size of earth!!!

Read the link in my signature everybody, nothing to see here, move on to the next doomsday event, we have 23 days left till the Dark Knight, then one month 15 days till Elenin's tail kills us all yadda yadda yadda!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you think that is wired look at the aviation live cameras in Alaska today there is a spot in front of the sun and these are live cameras from all over the state it show up in about 8 live shots so it not on the camera akweathercams.faa.gov...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFusa

Yes, it is on the camera. Sort of. In the camera would be more accurate.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 10/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just noticed looking back at Phage's pic of LASCO 3 2011/09/29 23.18, you can just about see the comet down in the lower far right, almost at the edge of the field of view.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Just a tiny spec, with a little tail.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Where did it get its propulsion from if it was an asteroid?

It was probably a comet, but either way the answer is gravity.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

So true. I honestly do not know why he bothers; although, I commend him for sharing his knowledge.

People just want to see doom/gloom, ele's or whatever. Logic does not play into their emotions.

ETA - It's become somewhat of a game for them. They find videos, go to science sites, misinterpret data - then claim Phage is the one who is incorrect.

It makes them feel better to simply point out a spelling error he may have made. Sad really.
edit on 5-10-2011 by IceFlower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the reference to the Navy site. That has some incredible imagery I believe I'll add to my own project. I thought that 'blast' SOHO caught when the comet this thread is about 'impacted' was impressive, but the images in that gallery show there have been FAR larger and more impressive reactions from the Sun to objects in the past. The 2002 image is particularly notable.

Thanks again for putting a situation in perspective before things could get totally out of hand. lol....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It's not the first or last time comets are discovered by that satellite.
Guess who discovers most of the comets in our solar system?
www.comethunter.de...

What agency is this?

Um, its a group in another country.

Germany to be precise.

It may come as a shock to you that America does not cover the planet.

It is only one country out of about 100.

America's primacy as a superpower is also coming to an end, just like Britain did before it.

Expand your mind beyond your national borders there are wonders to be found out in the badlands.
edit on 5/10/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Nice way to answer a simple question,

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplodeThisExistence
This is beyond civilian science... Lol, what a joke that # is.

Your dealing with multidimensional technology and some of the most seemingly advanced civilizations the Universe has to offer manipulating and measuring this planet, but to what end?

Well, my friends... It will all be evident soon enough.

Keep in mind though, not everyone has the 'eyes to see'.

We are in the 9th level of awareness according to the mayan calendar.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

We do have a star wars defense in place, it could be possible that it was aimed at an object on the other side. But, NASA tell "We the people" about an event of this caliber, please! We won't be inform till the last minute, after the world leaders are all tucked in their bunkers with the doors locked securely. It would be their way of thinning out the masses who is sucking up the world resources in witch they regulate to fill their pockets.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I have personally seen over 1,600 sungrazing comets; I would honestly LOVE for there to be a link between them and coronal mass ejections. But I can not find one, nor can the scientists I work with think of a reasonable mechanism by which this link can occur. On several occasions I have made a determined effort to prove that comet can cause CMEs, but repeatedly I fail and, if anything, my results hint that a large comet seems to actually preclude CMEs, not initiate them!

link

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

I have personally seen over 1,600 sungrazing comets; I would honestly LOVE for there to be a link between them and coronal mass ejections. But I can not find one, nor can the scientists I work with think of a reasonable mechanism by which this link can occur. On several occasions I have made a determined effort to prove that comet can cause CMEs, but repeatedly I fail and, if anything, my results hint that a large comet seems to actually preclude CMEs, not initiate them!

link

What is the possible connection between events on say solar flares on opposite sides of the Sun, or at least very distant from one another?

Should have added thanks for showing the vid with all those views, although it has to be said in relation, when is a Comet a Comet, or is it a Comet or becomes one, just because it looks like one.
edit on 5-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That is very interesting. I unfortunately didn't read that thread until a few moments ago, however, I really do wonder if that was a coincidence? Like people always say, "Watch the movements of the wealthy . It is then that you will know to run." reply to post by king Pop!p

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join