It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan abandons measuring plutonium?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Breaking News: The measurement of plutonium was abandoned in Japan

At the press conference of TEPCO and related ministries of Japanese government, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology stated they will not measure plutonium anymore.

The measurement of plutonium was abandoned in Japan.

It was announced on 10/3/2011 20:00 by staff from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.

Now Japanese people are allowed to take 1~10 Bq/kg of plutonium.

However, 1 in a million gram of plutonium causes cancer.

They announced that plutonium and strontium were detected in 45km / 79km area on 9/30.

They seem afraid of having the contamination situation known by more people.

Measurement of plutonium is almost impossible for normal people with normal equipment because it only emits alpha ray.

Your Geiger counter hardly catches it.

Is this for real????

Unbelievable!

Can someone please verify the translation?

Recall also: Japan Discovers Plutonium Far From Crippled Reactor

edit on 4-10-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Based on the actions of Tepco and the Japanese government to date, this does not surprise me at all.

They know it will be years before the real effects of all the radiation poisoning becomes a serious problem - why should they care now? Kind of like deficit spending - the future generations get to pay.

Plutonium that reaches body organs generally stays in the body for decades and continues to expose the surrounding tissue to radiation.

www.epa.gov...

So for now, downplaying and covering up to save themselves is the name of the game, especially since no one seems to be paying much attention.

Sadly, the way the world seems to work these days.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
When will the world begin to protest this wanton neglect of public health?
This is just as bad as Syria machinegunning the crowds...it just takes longer to die!
The measurement of all radiation in japan should be carried out by third party agencies.
There needs to be an international response forced onto the japanese goverment!
They have had ample time to deal effectively with the situation, and have been lying and falsifying data since it happened.
They are putting the whole of the pacific rim at risk as well as themselves...Or should i say their people...
I doubt youll find anyone in the goverment or yepc management thatll go to the damaged site personally......
This is ugly, and the japanese people seem resigned to it !maybe they will die quietly, but the rest of us dont plan on it!
About time our own goverments told the truth as well......we know the radiation is getting here...They should do more than just raise the acceptable dose levels!..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

this is disturbing, because i live in japan. but I've never heard this before. great more headaches, as if i don't already have enough to worry about...
(just when i thought it was safe, my own government drops this # on our laps, i really need a vacation. sigh)
edit on 4-10-2011 by CynicalKyon because: typo

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The Japanese are truly the most oblivious people to have ever walked the face of this planet. It is amazing they have made this long without going extinct. We should have known something was up when they used there pilots as guided idiots 70 years ago.

Is there know one with a back bone in Japan?

I know I am harsh but this effects not just them at this point. And they are asleep at the wheel.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here is one private site monitoring radiation in Japan
It's very general with the readings, with no detailed breakdowns,
Radiation Network

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

The Japanese are truly the weakest people to have ever walked the face of this planet. It is amazing they have made this long without going extinct. We should have known something was up when they used there pilots as guided idiots 70 years ago.

Is there know one with a back bone in Japan?

I know I am harsh but this effects not just them at this point. And they are asleep at the wheel.
:

i don't offend easily but i can't help but take that offensively.
(and that sentence sounded better in my head)
We've beeen through alot, id like to see your country survive two atomic blasts
@@:

besides this 'backbone' you speak of? america tore that right out. we don't even have a military anymore because our government is ashamed of what we've done. so, yes, we have no backbone, but we have a strong sense of honour and tradition. you might not realize it by looking at tokyo though. I'm not pissed or anything, but you might want to think about who is reading when you post,

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalKyon

There is someone I was starting to wonder. My Grandfather was Japanese and was a huge inspiration in my life for the good. He would be ashamed at what is happening to his home country.

Why are the masses not waking up? My post was harsh but true. The Japanese are loosing everything for foolish pride. They need to wake up and hold people and companies accountable.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

i suppose that's true enough, i do find myself surounded by idiots on a daily basis.but that's not the rule for japanese people, and if your grandfather was japanese, then im sure you know that we are very intelligent people, "aniki". but your right when you say we need to wake up to certain issues, but i still disagree with the "japanese people are the weakest" comment.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Is there know one

My mother always told me to consider the source.
I read your post and it speaks for itself as to the level of intellect we are dealing with here.
Thank you for outing yourself.

As for the Japanese,
They are a gentle,kind and honorable people who are to be commended for the way they have weathered
this tradgedy so far. As for their government???

Well, it's a government, and these days the words government and corruption may as well be synonymous.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I changed it to a more fitting term. I know what I am saying is harsh but were else in the civil world would the masses not speak up? Something is very wrong with the current culture in Japan.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Is there know one

I read your post and it speaks for itself as to the level of intellect we are dealing with here.

Then why not prove me wrong? Were exactly have I gone wrong. The man I admired the most was Japanese and I bet he is rolling over in his grave. The Japanese need some harsh words to light a fire under there butts.

This post is so far out in left field if it is true the Japanese should not be managing themselves on this one

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank you! we've been ridiculed enough as it is! what you just said was very true, it may not have been true during the second world war, but it is these days. i really appreciate that comment
edit on 5-10-2011 by CynicalKyon because: mispelled. damn i need to pay attention to sensei in english class

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

under there butts.

Again, the level of intellect we are dealing with is apparent.
It doesn't make you a "BAD" person.
It doesn't make you "STUPID".
It just lets the rest of us know that the person presenting these inflammatory ideas is of a certain intellect.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Is there know one

As for the Japanese,
They are a gentle,kind and honorable people who are to be commended for the way they have weathered
this tradgedy so far. As for their government???

Well, it's a government, and these days the words government and corruption may as well be synonymous.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Governments are corrupt because of the people not the other way around I hate to break it to you. Only when the people speak up will this be fixed.

All people for the most part are gentle and kind. This has to do with foolish pride the there culture is full of it. Am I wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

under there butts.

Again, the level of intellect we are dealing with is apparent.
It doesn't make you a "BAD" person.
It doesn't make you "STUPID".
It just lets the rest of us know that the person presenting these inflammatory ideas is of a certain intellect.

Stop Trolling me and lets stick to the topic. And the topic is why are the Japanese not measuring?

And I will say it again they are not measuring because of foolish pride. They think this will all go away because they are eating up the lies being feed to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I changed it to a more fitting term. I know what I am saying is harsh but were else in the civil world would the masses not speak up? Something is very wrong with the current culture in Japan.

arigatu for being considerate. but you've done it again! theres a reason we don't speak up like you americans! it's impolite as hell! though it is true that certain issues need to be addressed, there are more polite ways of going about it. true our mannerisms make these thiongs difficult, but that's just the way japan works and has always worked. and the same could be said about the current culture in america, you know.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalKyon

arigatu for being considerate. but you've done it again! theres a reason we don't speak up like you americans! it's impolite as hell! though it is true that certain issues need to be addressed, there are more polite ways of going about it. true our mannerisms make these thiongs difficult, but that's just the way japan works and has always worked. and the same could be said about the current culture in america, you know.

I understand, but you must understand this is not the time to be polite or quite. I like you I truly do but I think you are very wrong on this one.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Fair enough my friend.
My response would be that the entire planet is too trusting and needs a bitch slap upside the head.
It has nothing Nothing NOTHING to do with being "Japanese" and everything to do with being "Human".

We, as a species are and have been weak.
We, as a species need to toughen up and kick some ass.
However, the ass we need to kick is our own.
Mentally we need to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and learn to overcome our stockholm syndromesque
addiction to our masters and our enslavement.

We, as a species seem to love being lied to.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalKyon

It is through reading posts like yours that makes me really wish I had been born into Japanese culture.
I do so admire the culture and mannerisms of the Japanese people. You are to be admired.
I have a little school girl crush on the entire Japanese culture/people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join