It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone poisoned my cats.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Exactly as the title say. Someone has been poisoning my cats. I want to know what actions i should take to protect my other cats.

My suspicions:

First off, there is this really weird dude who is almost stalking my mom. He seems like the type who tortured animals as a kid.

Second is my moms ex-boyfriend, who actually has access to the poison that could easily kill animals and has a grudge.

Third is that i live next to a pay per day motel and a new resident just showed up when my cats started dying. The man looks crazy. But there are tons of cats around that hotel and i saw them all this morning when i was searching for my dead cats body. So its likely that since he has no direct connection to me, he would not take out such desires on my cats.

My cats rarely go very far and i looked everywhere for anything that could be poison. Found nothing. Not to mention the lack of any dead cats in the neighborhood but mine. In my opinion this is good evidence that it was intentional.

My cats are very trusting since i raised them at pretty much birth. Bottle fed and everything. It would be very easy to feed them poison because they like every human.

Here is a little about the cats that are dead.

Zeus: Very standoff-ish and our oldest that we have had for a year and a half. He is black and white and has green eyes. He is my sisters cat.

Black and Brown: She was black and brown(note the name). She was the most chill cat i ever had. Always wanting to just lay with you. Her mother left her and her brothers in my care when she died. I personally bottle fed her and she was MY cat. I am burying her after i post this.

What actions should i take? I cant let the last two die.

I am so pissed right now. O my god. What possesses a sick bastard to do stuff like this? I am so freaking mad. This sick world sucks so much.
edit on 3-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think you should inform local animal protection services and police, they will look into it, even if they wont find who did it, maybe it will be enough of scare for this person to not try it again.
An keep your eyes open, perhaps install webcamera in your window.

Sick bastard, if you find him let us know, and inform people in area....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your cats.

As for what you should do, I don't know.

I'll tell you what I would do. Take justice into my own hands.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
inform 4chan.
no seriously.
last time someone posted a video of cat torture, they humiliated him real bad.
they can help you.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

My first guess is the hotel owner. Second would be a long time and not a new resident. This is somewhere your cat visits and so you need to keep your cats home and well fed so if they get out they are not tempted to eat the poison laced tuna...they are using tuna or something like that along with engine coolant or rat poison since this will poison them and the cats MIGHT eat it.

An animal torturer would not kill them they would capture them....and then kill them.
This sounds like someone who just hates cats. You should move.

Another option is to get to know and befriend everyone you suspect if you have to bring over a bottle of cheap wine and say hello. Mention your cats and if they are a bother please let you know and you will rush over. If they cause any damage say you will PAY for it.
AND if THEY need anything from YOU "please do not hesitate to ask."

Sometimes when someone knows you and thinks of you as a good friend and neighbor if their house is on fire or if they need you (and most people admit they might) they will hesitate to poison your pets. Not because they don't WANT to but because they LIKE YOU.

Unfortunately and sadly it is your only recourse. You will get no help from the law or any other tenants the hotel owner or residents. Most people don't like PETS and more don't like CATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Explanation: Keep you cats inside and get a kitty litterbox [keep them in the laundry or bathroom if you don't have a kitty litterbox] and inform your neighbours , local police dept and animal welfare organization [as your pets might not be the only victims
]. Don't trust the pet food that you have that is open whether it be wet or dry or frozen or fresh. Also have a good look around [take a camera with you] and see if you can find any of the poison bait still lying around. Check the local water sources where the cats may have had a drink.

Personal Disclosure: My deepest condolences on the death of 2 of your cats!
May they r.i.p.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

You bet i will let you guys know. When i find out who did this(and i will) I am making absolutely sure that any internet search of his name leads back to the forum that i reveal his name in. I have already contacted the police and they can do NOTHING. The one time i need them too.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I am a cat lover and owner....and I am sorry about your losses. I suggest that you keep the remaining cats inside for a while......other than that...I am not sure what you should do.

What does your Mother think about all of this?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Dont be too quick to jump to conclusions about who is doing it. It could be someone who just lives by you and does not like cats. There also could be some antifreeze out there and the cats are drinking it, Antifreeze is very sweet and animals will drink it.

However if you are sure the animals have been poisoned, I would contact public health and the State police. They have ways to detect any poisonous elements in the animal...There are also private companies that you could go to also that would help you out.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Exactly as the title say. Someone has been poisoning my cats. I want to know what actions i should take to protect my other cats.

My suspicions:

my moms ex-boyfriend, who actually has access to the poison that could easily kill animals and has a grudge.

everyone has access to anti-freeze....

keep your cats inside or make the person stop with your fists

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Thanks for the advice. I will take it into consideration when laying my traps.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

cat cam?
strap a camera to your cat and see where its eating
although this is terrible, you shouldnt let your cats outside to run around where they like

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you very much! I hope they do rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
I think you should inform local animal protection services and police, they will look into it, even if they wont find who did it, maybe it will be enough of scare for this person to not try it again.
An keep your eyes open, perhaps install webcamera in your window.

Sick bastard, if you find him let us know, and inform people in area....

This is great advice and others here also really good advice...I would so much want to take justice into my own hands...IF I WERE SURE WHO DID IT - and even more sure I would not get caught myself. Don't chance it.

If you have an enemy for a neighbor...you may as well move because they will drive you to it eventually and generally when it is too late to salvage whats left of your sanity and ALL your animals are dead.

I approach these people cautiously but with some small degree of empathy (YES I KNOW HOW HARD THAT CAN BE) because anyone that does this HAS HAD awful things done to them to even consider it.

Approach CAUTIOUSLY and befriend in an impersonal and very generic way.

This is the only way to create a livable situation.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

My mother is crying and we are very concerned about the remaining cats. We did raise the after all. We did a good job until now. Its eating me up inside.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice. I will take it into consideration when laying my traps.

Your own animals will get caught in your traps...or someone else's pet.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Not physical traps. Psychological ones. Not sure how yet, but it has to be someone close so i will figure it out as i get there.

Game on, ya dirty bastard.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

edit on 3-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

My mother is crying and we are very concerned about the remaining cats. We did raise the after all. We did a good job until now. Its eating me up inside.

All cats go to heaven.

I am so sorry. You have to believe I know how you feel.
Animal cruelty is heart breaking to me...I am getting emotional myself and wishing for the early and miserable demise of someone I do not even know.

When my neighbors do not like cats I go over and say well what do you think? Instead of cats I am thinking of getting a German Shepherd and keeping him chained in the yard so no one will poison him?
Do you suppose the barking will bother you?

They grow to LOVE the cats.

edit on 3-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Not physical traps. Psychological ones. Not sure how yet, but it has to be someone close so i will figure it out as i get there.

Game on, ya dirty bastard.

A good way to get them back is with noise. Take up the trumpet. Never let them sleep.
Sleep deprivation can drive a person insane.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join