It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new member makes a creative introduction thread and mods delete it...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Seriously...i've seen a lot of threads vanish into the abyss, and I've put up with it...but this is too much.
I just read a very creative introduction thread, and even responded to it...I never respond to introduction threads.
But this one was pretty creative...and it was an introduction thread. NOT a thread with an actual topic. It was CLEARLY an introduction thread.

wtf mods. wtf.

3...2....1....there's the mods to censor my discontent.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Never venture into Introductions, care to explain how creative it was?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I bet it was a cancer cure.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

To be fair you can't know whats going on behind the scenes, maybe it was a returning banned member.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Seriously...i've seen a lot of threads vanish into the abyss, and I've put up with it...but this is too much.
I just read a very creative introduction thread, and even responded to it...I never respond to introduction threads.
But this one was pretty creative...and it was an introduction thread. NOT a thread with an actual topic. It was CLEARLY an introduction thread.

wtf mods. wtf.

3...2....1....there's the mods to censor my discontent.

Welcome to the censor board only the BS get a free ride

ho ya here my second line

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well the other one got close this one will be kill also any minute now

and alway after one or two old member agree with you

Me think there more shill and payed or computeries false member then real one

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
yea..I've noticed that for a website and forum that talk about conspiracy and the depletion of free speech, they sure do have a lot of rules , and a ton of good information that needs to be discussed goes missing.

I guess we'll let ourselves be disrespected though.

I'm sure there's something about ATS that isn't "good".

If these media controllers wanted to keep an eye out for Nutballs, and wanted to spread disinformation and confuse us all, wouldn't ATS be the best place to do this?

CIA?

Listen to ur gut, mine is telling me it's probable.
edit on 3-10-2011 by dannotz because: sp

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
In honesty I'm not going to be surprised if this thread goes missing.

It was about a month ago before I posted my own introductory thread.
Everything I posted was authentic and came from the heart.

But it was removed because the post "may have been offensive" or
"because it contained information already posted"

So I cleared up any profanity and re-posted it again. I had a lot of positive feedback
but it was removed again because the introduction thread was "only for introductions".

That's a fair call but if I start spitting my truth I'm going to write about what comes from the heart
so if I get a little side-tracked that's me being authentic.

Here is some constructive critiscm to the mods

1. Be more specific about why you are removing the content - state intently why you are removing it.

2. Be aware that you are removing other peoples content. You are removing real content by REAL
    people. Some of which can take up to 30+ mins. How would you feel if something you wrote was suddenly removed with no backups at all.

3. Filter and EDIT peoples posts. If they have bad language - no problem! add a few ****** into they're
    posts. No use deleting the entire thing because of a few bad words.

4. Be emotionally intelligent - if someone begins with they're own introduction and then slides off
    on a tangent, is it still worth it to deleting the entire thing??

5. In the end people are trying to contribute VALUE to this website and if you go trigger happy on them
    and delete they're stuff just because you're able to then how do you think people will feel about contributing
    value to this website in the future. I'll tell you, they won't. They will just move on to God like productions
    or some other forums.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Would you by any chance be familiar with the author of this "very creative introduction thread"??

After all, this is a conspiracy web site.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i had my intro thread deleted by mods twice when i joined

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BernardMarx

So I cleared up any profanity and re-posted it again. I had a lot of positive feedback
but it was removed again because the introduction thread was "only for introductions".
Ok. Hold up a second. Lemme see if I am understanding this correctly.

[color=C2FFD0]The introduction Forum is for Introduction Threads??
What the heck. How are we supposed to remember all of these whacky rules?

That's a fair call but if I start [color=FFD2B0]spitting my truth I'm going to write about what comes from the heart so if I get a little side-tracked that's me being authentic.
Try 'stating,' instead of 'spitting.'
Most people do not enjoy being spat at.

Here is some constructive critiscm to the mods

• Be more specific about why you are removing the content - state intently why you are removing it.
  • Politely ask that particular mod, after it has happened.

I say 'politely' based on personal experience. Even if you know for a fact, that they were wrong, most mods don't accept it when you directly tell them that they were. Even if you specifically show them in detail, why they are wrong, most just don't appreciate it too much.

• Be aware that you are removing other peoples content. You are removing real content by REAL people. Some of which can take up to 30+ mins. How would you feel if something you wrote was suddenly removed with no backups at all.
  • That does suck, but it really doesn't matter whether or not someone is aware, if they do not care. As soon as it is posted, it no longer belongs to you. If you feel that it is valuable, back it up yourself.

• Filter and EDIT peoples posts. If they have bad language - no problem! add a few ****** into they're posts. No use deleting the entire thing because of a few bad words.
  • Some do. When/if they do that, you will see that the post has been edited, and you will see who it has been edited by. Also they usually post a link to a thread regarding profane language. You will then see *snip* inserted into the post, in place of the previous words.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
    I bet it was a cancer cure.

I think it was FREE ENERGY.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
    link   
    I have never had a problem asking a mod why they deleted something of mine. It has happened on a few occasions where I may get off topic or something. They always reply to me promptly and explain WHY they took something down. It is their job and I am sure they over look more than they penalize.

There are a lot of members on this site and I am sure it is harder than imagined to regulate and keep topics on topic and keep introductions.....introductions.

The problem I have mostly is the inconsistency. In regards to the rules some mods are obviously biased when it comes to some members OR they really are just lazy with their consistency whereas they will remove a few posts for off topic while others remain. The ones that remain are obviously off topic too....so why do they leave some up and take some down? That is what irks me....but you can't wear your feelings on your sleeve or you will constantly be unhappy with expectations of others. That is what I have to remind myself.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Vamp333

Sorry to hear that.

But to be honest I wish your signature would be deleted. It is extremely annoying, and makes it tiresome to even read your posts. No offense.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
    link   
    they did the same with my into to. I did go on about the stock market was going to crash this Oct. Which would all be fake. After the crash comes the false flag.

People IM me with number phones so I could tell them the full story

They got mad at me for that one

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Vamp333

You might give someone an epilepsy attack with that Sig...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dannotz

I'm sure there's something about ATS that isn't "good".

If these media controllers wanted to keep an eye out for Nutballs, and wanted to spread disinformation and confuse us all, wouldn't ATS be the best place to do this?

CIA?

Listen to ur gut, mine is telling me it's probable.

Having been a member of the staff for years now, I can say that the only thing I've seen behind the curtain is a bunch of guys and gals who enjoy the site, and enjoy being a part of making it better, and helping the members. We're all volunteers, and doing this for nothing more than the satisfaction of being part of the success of the site.

Of course, each is free to decide for themselves, but all I can tell you is what I've seen from my perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Gazrok

I am sure that's correct Gazrok, for most mods. I think it's probably like the police dept. Most are good cops but there are some that can't discipline themselves or just don't care. I have been here a lot longer than it says. Lost my password and had a changed email so I had to rejoin. I once had a mod remove my post and warn me. I emailed the mod and they said they removed my post for being off-topic. I replied it wasn't off topic and then they said I used a derogatory term for a group of people. I did not do so at all. Don't care for that term myself. It looked like the mod was grasping for a reason to explain their behavior. It's funny though that their nick is a catch phrase of the same group I was finding fault with. Well whatever I try to play by the rules. It wasn't a big deal.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
    link   

Read the T&C's...abide by them...and threads wont be deleted. Its simple

It clearly says at the top of the introduction thread

"New members stop by and say hello!"

NOT

"come and write whatever you like, link to your website, post hoax material"

Take a look at this thread about introductions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont see why people just dont wait until they have posted 20 posts before rambling on about aliens, elenin..their abduction experience etc etc?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
    link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Read the T&C's...abide by them...and threads wont be deleted. Its simple

It clearly says at the top of the introduction thread

"New members stop by and say hello!"

NOT

"come and write whatever you like, link to your website, post hoax material"

Take a look at this thread about introductions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont see why people just dont wait until they have posted 20 posts before rambling on about aliens, elenin..their abduction experience etc etc?

That's great to link people to the T&C and all, but seriously, what does it hurt to have your introduction have a little story about what you think/believe?
    It hurts no one and benefits everyone. Perhaps a change is in order instead of censorship. Poor person comes here and their first post is deleted, thats a great way to build communities!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join