It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests On Wall Street!! Where's The MSM?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The part that gets me the most is JP Morgan.

JP Morgan bought off the cops in New York for more security on Wall Street.

New York City Police Foundation — New York
JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD's main data center.

New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent CEO and Chairman Jamie Dimon a note expressing "profound gratitude" for the company's donation.

"These officers put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe," Dimon said. "We're incredibly proud to help them build this program and let them know how much we value their hard work."

www.jpmorganchase.com...

And then they bought off Twitter which protesters like to use.

March 1 (Bloomberg) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co. has invested in a fund that has bought about $400 million in Twitter Inc. shares, valuing the blogging service at as much as $4.5 billion, three people with knowledge of the matter said.

The fund, which has more than $1 billion, is being run by Twitter investor Chris Sacca, said two of the people, who declined to be identified because the arrangement isn’t public. JPMorgan is committing the bulk of the financing for the fund, the people said.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
um.. March 1?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog

...even our own ATS hosts are calling the protesters "rude, disorganized, pimply-faced punks". ...

Gee lemme guess who.
(Don't answer that!)

Reminds me of those dirty, stinking hippies who pretty much stopped a war once....

And some others who stopped segregation.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think this actually may be not what it seems.

If the protesters actually wanted to protest wallstreet they would burn walstreet down. Why they are not burning it down is because it is a staged protest by tptb to unmotivate future protesters that might want to burn it down.

MSM can only report what they are told to report.

Investors own MSM. And if investors see a certain report to be bad for profits, they will vote not to allow such reports.

Just as anyone would vote for their 401k not to be eradicated.

Only media that matters is word of mouth.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
~I was thinking the exact same thing as far as the minimal coverage of the protests.Thank god for ATS or I would still be in the dark about it. It seems to MAYBE be getting a LITTLE more coverage today. Yesterday when I turned on the news, I wasn't that surprised when all I saw was the courtroom crap and something about some kid at a baseball game! Yeah, and that dam Dr. is on my last nerve, too.

...and you gotta love how they're not even trying to hide the fact that they're trying to hide things anymore.~

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Here you go Screwed...........I started this thread last week..............

Its Time To Demand News Coverage!! Occupy Wall Street.................,

ABC News
147 Columbus Ave., New York, NY 10023
Phone: 212-456-7777
Good Morning America: email form
Nightline: email form
20/20: email form

BBC
Television Center, Wood Lance, London, W12 7RJ, United Kingdom
Phone: 44 (20) 8743 8000

BBC America
747 Third Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017
Phone: 212-705-9300

CBS News
524 W. 57 St., New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-975-4321
Fax: 212-975-1893

Email forms for all CBS news programs
CBS Evening News: [email protected]
The Early Show: [email protected]
60 Minutes II: [email protected]
48 Hours: [email protected]
Face The Nation: [email protected]

CNBC
900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Phone: (201) 735-2622
Email: [email protected]

CNN
One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
Phone: 404-827-1500
Fax: 404-827-1784 (Public Relations)
Email forms for all CNN news programs

Fox News Channel
1211 Ave. of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 301-3000
Fax: (212) 301-4229
[email protected]
List of Email addresses for all Fox News Channel programs
Special Report with Bret Baier: [email protected]
FOX Report with Shepard Smith: [email protected]
The O'Reilly Factor: [email protected]
Hannity: [email protected],
On the Record with Greta: [email protected]
Glenn Beck: [email protected]

MSNBC/NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
Phone: (212) 664-3720
Fax: (212) 664-4426 (NBC News)

List of Email addresses for all MSNBC/NBC news programs
Dateline NBC: [email protected]
Hardball with Chris Matthews: thechrismatthewsshow.com...
MSNBC Reports with Joe Scarborough: email form
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: [email protected]
NBC News Today: [email protected]
NBC Weekend Today: [email protected]

PBS
2100 Crystal Drive, Arlington VA 22202-3785
Phone: 703-739-5000 ,
Phone: 703-739-5290 (Ombudsman)
Fax: 703-739-5777

The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer (corrections and complaints): [email protected]
Frontline: [email protected]
Ombudsman Michael Getler Email

National Radio Programs

National Public Radio
635 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20001-3753
Phone: 202-513-2000
Fax: 202-513-3329
List of Email addresses for all NPR news programs
List of phone numbers for all NPR news programs

The Rush Limbaugh Show
1270 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020
Phone (on air): 800-282-2882 (Between 12 and 3 PM)
Fax: 212-445-3963
E-mail: [email protected]

Sean Hannity Show
Phone (on air): 800-941-7326 (3-6 PM Mon-Fri)
Sean Hannity:212-613-3800
James Grisham, Producer: 212-613-3832
E-mail: Phil Boyce, Program Director [email protected]
Email: the Sean Hannity Show

News Services / Wires

Associated Press
450 West 33rd St., New York, NY 10001
Phone: 212-621-1500
Fax: 212-621-1723

General Questions and Comments: [email protected]
Partial Contact Information for the Associated Press by Department and Bureau

Reuters
Three Times Square, New York, NY 10036
Telephone: 646-223-4000
Reuters Editorial Feedback

United Press International
1133 19th Street, NW Washington, DC 20036
Telephone: 202-898-8000
FAX: 202-898-8048

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
actually i disagree with the OP. yahoo is covering it at prime position on their homepage, major german online newspapers are covering it. al jazeera is covering it.

never watch CNN , FOX, etc though and mainly get my news from the internet (no time for TV)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I depends on what you consider MSM - I've been watching the coverage on MSNBC and on several Web sites like dailykos.com, rawstory.com, and huffingtonpost.com. On MSNBC (Maddow and Lawrence) have been covering the ongoing police brutality. The single most important source regarding these protests have been the protesters themselves, so keep those cameras handy.

FOX is so beholden to Wall Street that they are playing down the protests and making the protests out to be deranged punks with no purpose in life - classic example right here:
Fox's Guilfoyle: Wall Street Protesters Are "People With Absolutely No Purpose Or Focus In Life" There To Just "Dirty The Streets"

So here you are, Tea Partiers that were once demanding protest against the banks, have since been so heavily co-opted by the GOP (and their bank backers) are now seeing the first signs of protest (not just a rally, but a real protest) openly mocked by the GOP's mouthpiece at Fox "News". Fox is the 800-pound gorilla in the MSM, so if you wonder where the MSM coverage is, well, there you go.

I'll stick with the alternative news sites that are covering the story, and not just trying to spin is like Fox.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
the reason that this movement is not on TV is because of the fear it may spread or get strengthened with more supporters the elite know the mob mentality and know all to well that if you start to cover movements like this on prime time television more and more protest will pop up we cannot have a full fledged revolution now can we this would be against the elites best interest.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Forgive me for expecting to be able to turn on the T.V. and see coverage of this on every channel.
I sure as hell have no problem seeing the face of this God Damned Dr. who killed that child molester.
When do I get to turn on the radio and hear never ending news coverage the way I heard about
CaseymotherfrigginAnthony?????

I agree with the poster who said
they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they are hiding the facts!!!!
They are that arrogant now!
They think that , uneless it comes from them, it isn't happening or worth mentioning.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sure, had wondered why it wasn't on BBC news (TV) but it was last night. It seems blocking the Brooklyn Bridge got the MSM's attention
They also interviewed someone who explained the case of the women who got mace sprayed in their face, but his call was quickly ended after that! Didn't see anything on Sky News.

A little OT - but a reason to not necessarily worry about if it's in MSM: I noticed BBC and Sky show reports on that plane that hit the ferris wheel, but the footage was described differently (creating a whole new story effectively).

BBC's report ended with "They got out safely, and just in time too, when THIS happened..." showing some debris falling from the ferris wheel. Where as that shot was used at the START of the Sky news segment with "This is the moment a plane hit the ferris wheel". So, WHICH one was fabricating the story/footage?

Anyway, good luck OWS.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Screwed

you aren't missing anything but lame attempts at ridicule portraying the entire effort as a "disorganized hippie pow-wow"..

yep my take on it is when they go to take interviews,

theres hardly anyone with an actual opinion on who they're protesting against

the fact that these protests and revolutions are being spawned on places like Facebook all over the world, and people are complaining about a world economy, goes to show wall st is not to blame and again new yorkers expressing this SORT of outrage is the dumbest since they live in highest cost of living in the world on par with i think Paris? yet they're complaining about something the REST of average america should be complaining about. i'm not trying to be biases im just pointing out it doesnt make sense WHAT they are protesting considering who they generally are as group though there are some visitors/non residents in the crowd.

no way no how will their protests bring down their cost of living, increase their q of l, nor give them a bigger piece of the pie they claim wall st is takin, so there.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
RT is about the only news channel I watch -

A Russian-Government mouthpiece is your only source of news??

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Reminds me of those dirty, stinking hippies who pretty much stopped a war once....

No. Hippies did not 'pretty much' or otherwise 'stop a war'. the Vietnam war's end had very, very little to do with hippies protesting. And, if you'll notice, Capitalism seems alive and well in that country now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Unfortunately “we” are the minority………….The sheep do watch those channels………The OP's concern is a good one………as mine.

edit on 2-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Sure, had wondered why it wasn't on BBC news (TV) but it was last night. It seems blocking the Brooklyn Bridge got the MSM's attention
They also interviewed someone who explained the case of the women who got mace sprayed in their face, but his call was quickly ended after that! Didn't see anything on Sky News.

Anyway, good luck OWS.

It has been on BBC news. Sometimes you have to watch all day BBC news to get all the stories. By 6pm they have to narrow down the days news to the key items. Subjective selection, quite possibly, but they can't show everything in 30 minutes so somebody somewhere is bound to complain.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are two new kids in town in American mass-media. They are so hip that you probably never heard of them.

Huffingtonpost is really a lot of blogs put together into one entity. This blog has grown from a small site, to a billion dollars in not many years. These blogs are actually so valuable that the sale of this page really raised some eyebrows even in the financial world. You can find it at huffingtonpost.com...

Current TV has actually managed to get Keith Olbermann to go from a prime-time TV-show to a small web-show. That is an achievement that says something about this show. Watch it yourself at youtube.com...

There you go, the alternative news are all over this, and it might be smart to listen to them. The mainstream media is really putting on some heavy censorship at the moment. And by the way: This might be a left point of view, but they are the ones who is covering this piece of news.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Are you kidding me? The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, FoxNews, Bloomberg, and the BBC have all covered the protests in Manhattan since the DAY THEY STARTED. I am sick and tired of people jumping to conclusions based on their own personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Are you kidding me? The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, FoxNews, Bloomberg, and the BBC have all covered the protests in Manhattan since the DAY THEY STARTED. I am sick and tired of people jumping to conclusions based on their own personal beliefs.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Everyone across the board is now reporting on this.

The media cannot ignore the movement anymore!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join