It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul & Civil Liberties Groups Decry Killing Of American Militant Without Trial (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
Old Corps, I liked your vid and Semper Fi brother. Awlaki (in whom Im not so familiar with as I was with "others") seems to have been killed not because of his what he was saying but probably because of what he knows. It is wrong to allow the murder of a citizen without due process you and I can agree on that and other issues. My opinion is that he was killed because he was seen as an enemy combatant or that is the dribble the trigger puller was lead to believe. I agree an osprey could and should have been deployed to apprehend this guy if he was all so important. My opinion is that he was murdered because of something he knows and that he has an audience of people that his info could create an unfavorable situation for someone powerful, it was an operation to silence and send a message.

OOH RAH Brotherman. Semper Fi.

I have to leave for work now, ya'll keep the thread going and spread the word by sharing the link with your friends. Maybe someone can start a FB page calling for an investigation. I think there is even a site on the Internet where you can start an online petition; we can petition New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez and/or Attorney General Gary King to launch an investigation into the legality of the killing.

Or we can start making phone calls Monday morning.
Gov. Martinez: (505) 476-2200
Atty. Gen King: (505) 222-9000

We can also contact New Mexico's legislators:

New Mexico Senators:
Senator Tom Udall tomudall.senate.gov...
Senator Jeff Bingaman bingaman.senate.gov...

New Mexico Congressmen:
Congressman Ben Ray Lujan Jr. lujan.house.gov...
Congressman Martin Heinrich heinrich.house.gov...
Congressman Steve Pearce pearce.house.gov...

Surely somebody at the state level will take exception to the Federal government putting out a contract on one of its citizens.

*In a shameless bit of self promotion, anyone interested in watching this old Jarhead rock a night club should check out my Livestream channel tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern. I will be taking requests from all over the world and I'd love to see you there. This is my first go at streaming a gig over the internet, so wish me luck (and be gentle if I screw it up.
)

WARNING: I WILL be getting my funk on, so if you don't like dance music and Rock 'N' Roll from the 70's to today you might not want to tune in.

edit on 10/1/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am starting to think this whole thing is CIA disinformation.

So this guy from New Mexico (not known as a terrorist hotbed) does what crime exactly?

Why wouldn't the CIA want all this editor's (Kahn 25) information?

For gods sake they were in Yemen. They could of easily got them.

What a great cover story. Oh yeah, don't forget we got that extra guy too.

This story stinks. Because if it went down like they say. It was a illegal killing.

Shave this guy's beard and he's undercover in south America.

I'll bet if we gave them an hour...They would even have pictures.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

yeh sounds like a facist dictatorship , with the mega corps helping the top dogs ,and the country unified through war and the pursuit of an empire.

they killed osama without trial ! however let nazis in to work for the us

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ted Bundy confessed to raping and killing 30 women, he got a trial....

Manson started a cult and had his followers kill 9 people, he got a trial....

Juan Corona killed 25 people, got a trial....

Charles Cullen killed over 40, got a trial....

Albert Fish ATE several kids, killed more than a few, and molested over 100 children, got a trial.....

Gerald and Charlene Gallego killed 10 teenage girls, who they kept as sex slaves until they were done with them, got a trial.....

Donald Henry Gaskins beat his own niece and her friend to death while he tried to rape them, then he picked up hitchhikers at random, murdering them by means of beatings, mutilations, even cannibalism while the victim was alive, he admitted to 89 such atrocities, and guess what? He got a %^&*ing trial.

After world war two the men responsive for murdering millions of Jews, killing hundreds of thousands of allied soldiers, bombing civilian targets in Britain, slaughtering the people of Stalingrad at random, and turning the entire European continent into a despotic !@#$hole, GOT A TRIAL.........

There is no debate here, whether American or not, whether bat!@#$ insane or not, Americans DO NOT !@#$ing execute combatants of ANY kind, by presidential order, period.

edit on 1-10-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
After thinking and re-thinking this through... as much as I'm a big Ron Paul supporter, I'm a bit ok with this if they had sound complete evidence for this. I don't think Obama would give them the O.K. if there weren't 100% sure this guy was dog $#!%.

The Federal law for Treason is defined as: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Who's to say that they didn't get their two witnesses? This may well be within the law here folks.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

He was a defector...who cares about that piece of trash.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
reply to post by OldCorp

He was a defector...who cares about that piece of trash.

Amen to that! This isn't the 1700s anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
He was tried the moment he was part of Al Quaeda

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

What really gets me is about two days before this news broke I saw a story on Fox that said these guys had warned Iran that they risked attack if they continued to say the CIA had a hand in 911!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now they are dead, or were they dead already?

edit on 2-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

Except if you're the govt, then it's called "foreign policy"..

No trail, no challenged evidence.. no problem... as Nazi as it gets.

History repeating..

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
He was tried the moment he was part of Al Quaeda

When exactly was this magic moment?

During some super secret Afghan cave swearing in ceremony?.. when they laminated his "official" ID card? when he got that "I heart al k-duh" tattoo?

Simplethink at it's finest.. strangers on the talking box said it, read it on der internet.. and some guy who calls himself president speechifyed!.. definitely true beyond a reasonable doubt.

During high school programming, I couldn't fathom how & why 1930s Germans stood fast as their "leaders", so called, killed people, broke stuff and implemented fascism.. based on a series of transparent canards no less.

Now I'm watching it happen... yes, killing people is ok when strangers secretly agree on it... who could have a problem with such just justice?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

History repeating..

There was no "Malice" with this kill. He needed to be killed for public, OUR public, safety. I don't have a law degree, but I think if you categorize his actions as "Treason", then this would be a lawful assassination. He has his right to free speech BECAUSE he's a citizen of the United States... so while none of that would be considered treasonous, his ties to terrorist organizations and the evidence we'll probably never see would be enough to put him in that category.

There's nothing Nazi about this. I'm going to give our president the benefit of the doubt here and agree that this was the right, lawful thing to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Even "Innocent" people can be considered as a "Person of interest" to investigators. This wasn't some idea that stemmed from an old, angry guy with names taped over a dart board, I'm willing to bet that there is a lot that the government knows about him that we never will.

He was a vocal supporter of terrorist groups with financial ties to those that were either confirmed or suspected terrorists. My theory is they were watching him for a while and while the information was piling up, they saw he was making a "treasonous" type of move and decided it was time to do what we do to those that threaten our national security.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
After thinking and re-thinking this through... as much as I'm a big Ron Paul supporter, I'm a bit ok with this if they had sound complete evidence for this. I don't think Obama would give them the O.K. if there weren't 100% sure this guy was dog $#!%.

The Federal law for Treason is defined as: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Who's to say that they didn't get their two witnesses? This may well be within the law here folks.

Who found him guilty of any of this?..

We don't even really know who this guy is. This is why COURTS and DUE PROCESS exist.. he isn't who he says he is, until both sides and the judge agree.. based on public information the unwashed masses can triple check for accuracy.

Courts & due process are supposed to be credibility & relevance filters.. to separate media she_it, from political shine-ola..

Allowing unchallenged politicians to kill who they want is unadulterated insanity.. and exceptionally stupid.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
When you leave the country and declare war on it, actively recruit others in that war, just how American are you?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Anyone with eyes and ears perhaps?

Anwar al-Awlaki in his own words

Odd all the sympathy these terrorists are starting to get these days. I do not recall any of that from about oh september 2001 up until about January 2008. I cannot imagine why that is. But hey, he was probably just kidding in his youtube videos calling for jihad against America, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

History repeating..

There was no "Malice" with this kill. He needed to be killed for public, OUR public, safety. I don't have a law degree, but I think if you categorize his actions as "Treason", then this would be a lawful assassination. He has his right to free speech BECAUSE he's a citizen of the United States... so while none of that would be considered treasonous, his ties to terrorist organizations and the evidence we'll probably never see would be enough to put him in that category.

There's nothing Nazi about this. I'm going to give our president the benefit of the doubt here and agree that this was the right, lawful thing to do.

For our safety?.. bahaha!! please name those specifically at immediate risk?.. I wasn't. Along with the exigent circumstances present for using deadly force?

Being "categorized" as whatever is far from guilt beyond a reasonable doubt... and secret unchallenged "evidence", is no evidence at all... just "allegations".

Did not the Nazi party leader assassinate German citizens outside the law?.. yes they did. Did they give der fuhrer " the benefit of the doubt".. yup. It's Nazi Nazi Nazi.. even card carrying Nazis got a trial. Japanese troops were hung for doing what Americans have thus far got away with.

btw.. there isn't ONE terrorist alive with a body count higher than post 9/11 DNC & GOP party leaders.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

This kind of stuff SHOULDN'T be handled in our court system. Maybe in a military court with a military judge. Because I don't think our laws have jurisdiction to where he's at.

If he really was planning something dangerous as we've been told, then it won't be as simple as sending him a letter telling him to arrive in court or even send soldiers to arrest him. He declared war on the US government.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

For our safety?.. bahaha!! please name those specifically at immediate risk?.. I wasn't. Along with the exigent circumstances present for using deadly force?

Being "categorized" as whatever is far from guilt beyond a reasonable doubt... and secret unchallenged "evidence", is no evidence at all... just "allegations".

Did not the Nazi party leader assassinate German citizens outside the law?.. yes they did. Did they give der fuhrer " the benefit of the doubt".. yup. It's Nazi Nazi Nazi.. even card carrying Nazis got a trial. Japanese troops were hung for doing what Americans have thus far got away with.

btw.. there isn't ONE terrorist alive with a body count higher than post 9/11 DNC & GOP party leaders.

Potentially any American citizen living within the borders of the United States of Americas borders were/still are at risk. I've heard enough of him to assume he's became a pretty big player in the whole scheme of things.

He doesn't get that right anymore. As soon as he ran off to the middle east and started doing whatever it was he was doing to become the threat we've been hearing about, he became treasonous. This is what happens.

As of everything I know of right now, I disagree with you and think that this was well within our constitutional law.

What is this about DNC and GOP? Which people have they murdered? Please name specific names with murder weapon and when and where each of these murders took place.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

Anyone with eyes and ears perhaps?

Anwar al-Awlaki in his own words

Odd all the sympathy these terrorists are starting to get these days. I do not recall any of that from about oh september 2001 up until about January 2008. I cannot imagine why that is. But hey, he was probably just kidding in his youtube videos calling for jihad against America, right?

Ah, no credible process.. confirmed, good job.

Who found him guilty of being a so called "terrorist"..lol.. he's just some dude to me, I don't watch TV.. don't know what strangers had to say about him. I'd read court transcripts.. if there were any. If he's really that bad with gobs of evidence.. he could easily have been tried in absentia, or charged via a grand jury indictment.. govt has lots of justice avenues and followed none of them.

Heck.. the system is largely a facade anyway, obtaining "legal" authority is trivial to power.. yet they didn't even bother... conditioning the sheeple to accept politicians deciding who to kill in secret.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join