It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Landing and the Earth's Magnetotail

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have never, and I mean never, questioned whether or not NASA astronauts landed on the moon. As much as I love conspiracies, this one has just never held any water with me.

Well, I just so happened across this old story about the Earth's magnetotail and how astronauts would need to be aware of it before a walk on the moon's surface as it would have unknown consequences to them. (This was when we were still hoping to go to the moon again in 2020....sigh).

In the video in the above link it states that no astronaut has walked on the moon while the moon is passing through the earth's magnetotail.

Now this from NASA: (source)

No one can say for sure what happens on the moon when the magnetotail hits, because no one has been there at the crucial time. “Apollo astronauts never landed on a full moon and they never experienced the magnetotail.”

The page from the above quote speculates on what effects would be experienced on the moon's surface while it was in our magnetotail. It also states that, "the moon enters the magnetotail three days before it is full and takes about six days to cross and exit on the other side.”

Okay, so let's forget about the famous Neil Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins and move on to Apollo 12.

The Apollo 12 lunar module made a precision landing on the lunar surface on November 19, 1969, in Oceanus Procellarum at 3°11'51" south latitude and 23°23'8" west longitude.

This I was lazy and snipped from Wikipedia:

EVA 2 start: November 20, 1969, 03:54:45 UTC
Conrad — EVA 2
Stepped onto Moon: 03:59:00 UTC
LM ingress: 07:42:00 UTC
Bean — EVA 2
Stepped onto Moon: 04:06:00 UTC
LM ingress: 07:30:00 UTC

(Bean and Conrad were the astronauts stepping onto the moon, fyi)

This second EVA was on November 20, 1969. Three days before the full moon of November 23, 1969.

Now, according to the information provided above, the moon ought to have been in the Earth's magnetotail (albeit just entering it) at this time. Why does NASA state that no astronaut has been on the moon when this has occurred?

Just another question for this conspiracy I considered quite dead.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I find this interesting, but have nothing to say about it, because I am ignorant on the subject. I did a quick search to see if Jarrah White, the Aussie kid who is doing the "Moonfaker" YouTube series, to see if I could find anywhere that he may have addressed this issue, to no avail.

You may onto something new there. We'll see.........

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Also an interesting side note, Apollo 12 was struck by lightning 36 seconds after launch. There was at least some electricity going on for that mission, if not on the moon itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The OS of the Apollo missions is like holding up a CD full of holes to a light. The Earth's magnetosphere protects us all from the sun massive solar magnetic activity.
If we were really out there in an empty soda can, would we really be protected against all that radiation?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

No one can say for sure what happens on the moon when the magnetotail hits, because no one has been there at the crucial time. “Apollo astronauts never landed on a full moon and they never experienced the magnetotail.”

This second EVA was on November 20, 1969. Three days before the full moon of November 23, 1969.

Why does NASA state that no astronaut has been on the moon when this has occurred?

because it was 3 days before ?

maybe I'm not following your post, just throwing it out there

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Why does NASA state that no astronaut has been on the moon when this has occurred?

because it was 3 days before ?

maybe I'm not following your post, just throwing it out there

Note this from earlier in post:

"the moon enters the magnetotail three days before it is full and takes about six days to cross and exit on the other side.”

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Note this from earlier in post:

"the moon enters the magnetotail three days before it is full and takes about six days to cross and exit on the other side.”

txs !

that's what I get for having like 4 windows open at once

in that case, good question and good find !

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
found a big hole on that date the 19th of Sept. the moon was 6 days before full moon. that's three days before the magnetotail hits.

SEP 25 1969 20:21:34 = Full moon here is a moon phase calendar. observatory.tamu.edu:8080...

just a thought. they had to be off by the 22nd to completely miss it.

from the OP

Note this from earlier in post: "the moon enters the magnetotail three days before it is full and takes about six days to cross and exit on the other side.”

edit on 30-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe the interaction the moon has with the Earth as it is in the magnetotail is noticeable.
Arnt there stories dating back many centuries stating that during the full moon, werid things happen. Its already been shown that the magnetosphere can effect us mentaly.

Could the story of the man turning into an animal during a full moon, just be a way someone explained how people were feeling?

We're calm for most of the month, and during those few days, we feel animalistic for some reason.

Me thinks nasa could know more than they're saying (as usual) about the signifigance to the moon passing through our magnetotail.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
found a big hole on that date the 19th of Sept. the moon was 6 days before full moon. that's three days before the magnetotail hits.

SEP 25 1969 20:21:34 = Full moon here is a moon phase calendar. observatory.tamu.edu:8080...

just a thought. they had to be off by the 22nd to completely miss it.

from the OP

Note this from earlier in post: "the moon enters the magnetotail three days before it is full and takes about six days to cross and exit on the other side.”

edit on 30-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

Not sure I'm getting you. The date Apollo 12 landed was November 19, they walked on the 19th and the 20th. Not September.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

It is interesting to think about. Full moon and increased crime, those types of correlations.

What initially caught my attention with this story was that I had read somewhere previously how humanity on the earth is "food" for the moon. But that is another topic entirely.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
lol damn i need glasses your right the full moon is NOV 23 1969 23:54:27 they had to be off by the 20th to completely miss it...my bad

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
According to the chart you linked, the full Moon occurred on the 23rd at 23:54. The 2nd EVA ended on the 20th at 07:44. I make that to be about 16 hours before the "crossing".

The ascent module lifted off at 14:25; 8.5 hours before the "crossing".

Sorry. They weren't there at the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
According to the chart you linked, the full Moon occurred on the 23rd at 23:54. The 2nd EVA ended on the 20th at 07:44. I make that to be about 16 hours before the "crossing".

Never heard of this Magnetotail before but would it not effect them on their 3 day flight back??

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Cutting that slice pretty dang thin, I'd say.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

humanity on the earth is "food" for the moon. But that is another topic entirely.

Wow, Ive never heard that one.
Thats wild for even ATS topics.
If they bring a bucket full of proof than I'll listen.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Never the less it means this statement is accurate:

“Apollo astronauts never landed on a full moon and they never experienced the magnetotail.”

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
reply to post by kalunom

humanity on the earth is "food" for the moon. But that is another topic entirely.

Wow, Ive never heard that one.
Thats wild for even ATS topics.
If they bring a bucket full of proof than I'll listen.

It's from a 'science fiction' novel. The little quotations are because it has philosophical underpinnings. But this is off-topic, so enough of the food-for-the-moon...no matter how tasty!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If accurate, it begs the question...how can they say they "never experienced the magnetotail", when, without ever having landed on a full-moon within the given time frame (3 days prior, 6 after), they can have no idea what it would be like to experience the magnetotail from the moon's surface?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Because they never experienced the magnetotail while they were on the Moon's surface?

Isn't that the point of the statement?

And, it's three days before and three days after for a total of six days in the tail.
edit on 9/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join