It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Animals Going Crazy on Extreem New Madrid Area

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

I am open to all possibilities and will certainly take a look at your thread: I wish to explore everything related or even remotely related. It is a very bizarre thing to have happen right now. thanks for the heads up
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I used to live in a more EQ prone area and both our cat and dog used to get restless, wanting to go outside suddenly before an EQ.

The only time I ever heard of a cat sleeping in a tub was when we the cat was ill with bladder stones. The ver believed it gave him some relief from the pain. Hope yours is fine.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thank You : I will keep that in mind. Will watch to be sure he is using the box at appropriate intervals.
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Have to say I disagree, we had some tremors here about 3 years ago and my 2 dogs who never act agitated, suddenly became that way, but only after the very first one struck. I think they learned when they get a certain 'feeling' that the tremor is coming, because after that every time they would become agitated whining at me. Within 10 minutes a tremor would start. We haven't had anymore in some time now and they are just fine again.
So the next time they act up, I'll be paying attention to my dogs for a warning since I too live within the New Madrid zone.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

What are you getting all excited about? He is just explaining how animasl react to a changing of seasons, nothing about doom and gloom. In fact nobody on this thread i have not seen anyone has added to the fear mongering. Each reply i have seen from you on this thread, you seem to be jumping down peoples throats for things they are not even saying, so calm down and drink some tea.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Been around ATS for a long time but this is my first thread despite 100+ posts.
I am aware there are threads on problems with animals going crazy off and on. However in the 50+ years I have owned cats; Specifically Siamese I have never, ever experienced odd behavior. I have never had a mean Siamese though have had a few alley cats that were very unpredictable.
We own three cats. Two Siamese that are little more than slugs on the floor looking for constant attention, and an alley cat that really doesn't care much about anything but food, water and a clean box. The cats never, ever go outside.
All are very loving, never mean, and just want to be loved. But in the last two days there has been a very serious change in behavior. Not mean type, but rather they have become very very restless and not wanting to be out of the sight of a human at any time. If I go to the basement they sit at the door and scream, following me around the house everywhere I go. Odd for one cat but not unusual. But for all three this is very strange.
We are north of St Louis about 80 miles which puts us at the northern edge of the New Madrid Zone.
My question is has anyone else in this area or the area of New Madrid noticed any changes in their animals or even animals outside recently in this area.
My wife feeds humming birds which usually migrate at the middle of October, but they have been gone from here now for two weeks. Squirrels are eating the nuts off our Oak tree at a rush filling my entire front yard with shells. They seem not to be storing anything up. My yard must be raked before mowing. This has never happened here in the 30 years we have owned the house.
So the purpose for this post is to ask anyone who sees this: Has there been any unusual animal activity in your area around New Madrid. This is very concerning as our animals have never ever acted this way before.

Watch your animals, period. It's easy for people to dismiss what you've seen as just a minor oddity in your personal animals and the local wildlife. Yes there has been quite a few threads created on this site about predictions concerning The New Madrid Fault and earthquakes in particular. Don't think just because there are numerous threads on the subject that yielded nothing that this will always be, pay attention to your animals they may be your early warning system.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Dude, I will be honest with you. Animals will always act up, no matter how long you've had them, something might have agitated them. It does not have to be a fault line ready to blow and kill us all. I live in the technical Madrid myself and nothing ever comes out of this.
If I told you how many of these threads i've heard about somebody's dog barking, cat pawing their legs........etc. and they're sitting in the NW fault, oh #, I can just scream. Animals cannot tell you what their problem is but humans can.

We know, we know, we live on a fault line, we know. Just because your cat acts up doesn't mean, we're going to die tomorrow.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I was so excited to find a website to replace the MSM, and the reason I began following this one was due to the fact that it was full of information from fellow Americans and others from around the world that otherwise would never be reported. I joined and have been amazed and disappointed for the past few weeks.
Why is it that within 2-3 replies of the original OP does someone utterly insult in the most rude way whatever idea, question or information that is posted?
What is the personal need of some people to reply with such condescending comments? It is as if this proves their higher intelligence and these members find their comments so amusing and clever they cannot help but put it out there as if everyone will be equally as impressed and amused as they are with themselves? I feel bad for anyone that actually contributes to the website at this point, because the possibility of receiving a little mutual respect and constructive response is like playing russian roullette. I have only posted a few times and luckily have been responded to by some of those folks on here that are intelligent and respectful and who obviously do not find it necessary to cut the legs out from under anyone else who has anything to say. For the record this is in no way an attack on this particular posters reply, simply found it to actually be an excellent example of the point I am trying to make.

edit on 1-10-2011 by shell69 because: No reason

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

That's scary. The world is ending soon!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

That's scary. The world is ending soon!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Hi DavidsHope!

I hope your cats are doing better. When I read your OP it reminded me of a thread started by StealthyKat a few months ago. Kat is one of the members here that have been tracking the "sound in the sky". The thread is here. She lives near New Orleans & experienced her animals freaking out (her words). Then in a few days of that happening, one of her dogs passed away.

As for EQs. You could visit the Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas thread here. ((Warning, it is a very large thread!)) Many members on that thread that live near the New Madrid & reported weird animal behavior.

Here is a link I use almost everyday to check quakes. It is what I like to call "quick & dirty". It's not fancy or full of graphics, but it gives a list of quakes in the Central US, even tiny lil 1.4 quakes. Recent Earthquakes in Central US

I hope your cats return to normal soon!
OiO

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Very strange! I live up in ct. I have a Persian cat a once stray and a mini dog (-: they haven't been howling as yours do but I noticed the Persian is being extremely "talkative" latley with out good reason ( check up was clear, food, play time, petting nothing works) as for my wild cat I've had visitors comment on how she always has to gaurd the entrance to a room, just figured cats were pissed at me for having them shaved at beginning of summer....as for dog, if something is happening I am sure she's clueless..

I do remember at the beginning of summer staying up in Massachusetts near Boston and hearing the wild birds chirp and waking up at midnight for 2 or 3 nights running.......

I am going to DC soon and plan on going to zoo
....will get back To ya on how those critters are :-3

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You should pay attention to the people too. If that thing is making animals going crazy, the effects in humans could be noticeable. Unexplainable depression, irratibility, anxiety and insomnia for example.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver

Very strange! I live up in ct. I have a Persian cat a once stray and a mini dog (-: they haven't been howling as yours do but I noticed the Persian is being extremely "talkative" latley with out good reason ( check up was clear, food, play time, petting nothing works) as for my wild cat I've had visitors comment on how she always has to gaurd the entrance to a room, just figured cats were pissed at me for having them shaved at beginning of summer....as for dog, if something is happening I am sure she's clueless..

I do remember at the beginning of summer staying up in Massachusetts near Boston and hearing the wild birds chirp and waking up at midnight for 2 or 3 nights running.......

I am going to DC soon and plan on going to zoo
....will get back To ya on how those critters are :-3

If you notice anything out of the ordinary I would app. it. I believe looking at animals may not be the only thing to consider but our total surroundings. Thanks for the heads up
DH

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Very good observation: We look at the trees, birds, cats dogs, worms, and even the grass. We overlook ourselves even under the most dire conditions. My wife and I are both Nurses. I am retired now, but she still works part time. I will ask here to think back a few days. I used to work at a facility for the mentally challenged. More often than not we could tell by watching their behavior if it was going to storm or there were going to be unusual weather changes. Everyone I worked with was in total agreement: We could indeed tell by watching the patients.
I had forgotten this over time. I will keep an eye out.
Thanks
DH

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
hello OP and welcome to ATS ... wow, after reading all these posts, i am amazed no one suggested or connected the possibility here ... KY rumbling

the correlation between animal behavior and Earth changes is well known, exampled, studied and encouraged as a precursor to many types of events.
i won't suggest this particular behavior is an example of anything specific, that is for you to discover.

If you understand the relationship of the entire NM zone (not just the fault line), the above makes perfect sense to me. whether they feel the ground move or the audibles really shouldn't matter, they clearly sense something.
good for you for noticing

how you interpret their behavior is entirely questionable (as is proven on many a thread here)
it is in your best interest to not ignore it.
it would be prudent for you to spend some time learning about the potential in your region so you can better understand that which they are trying to relay.
best wishes and plenty of good links have already been posted as a great place to start, the rest is up to you

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Other than the possibility of high frequency noises, I might suggest getting a carbon monoxide detector if you gas in any of your appliances and keep it near your bedroom about chest high so it will wake you up if levels increase. You can't smell carbon monoxide and it can kill. Then I was wondering if you ever had your house checked for radon. I read it was best to check it when you were not running your air or heat. I either ordered a kit from online or picked one up at the store and then sent it off following the instructions to a lab, label already included. My radon levels were safe. If your house is not safe, it can cause lung cancer given enough time. I'm not sure if animals can detect radon or not. Anyway these are things people can do to improve their safety and peace of mind especially if they have some animals acting up bothering them.
edit on 1/10/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My daughter lives on the San Andreas, near Palm Springs, CA. She called me last night to say one of her dogs ran away and the other dogs and cats were acting up. She has never had this problem with her animals before.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

We do have the carbon monoxide detector: I will get online and check for radon.
thanks for the heads up
DH

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello once more- there is just one more thing that I thought that I'd relate to you & all of the nice people here; at least it can't hurt- sometimes, the energy in my area is so bad that my kitty can't stand it; he practically bounces off the walls sometimes for what seems to be no reason (I live in a big city). What I do is to burn frankincense, a tree resin that has been used in Christian homes, churches, synagogues & mosques for thousands of years. God the One put it on Earth to deal with times like these. When I use it, my cat calms down immediately! He'll be agitated, but when he sees me get the frankincense out, he starts to calm down right away!

Frankincense is available at Roman Catholic stores, New Age stores, & sometimes even health food stores ( it is used in herbal medicine). It looks like little yellow kernels. You need to buy charcoal cakes to burn it on. The best charcoal is sold in rolls of ten by Swift- Light of Great Britain, which is sold all over the United States.

Use a pair of pliers to hold the charcoal cake over the flame of a lighted candle for a while; the cake will throw sparks for a bit- this is normal. Put the cake upon a brass incense burner or onto an ashtray. Blow upon it gently until it is glowing red, then place 6 to 10 kernels of frankincense upon it. Sweet, lemony scented smoke will rise.

Carry the burning incense into every room of your home & say a prayer, asking God to remove all of the bad energy in your home. I may be a scientist, but I am a spiritual person & my eyes are wide open! Anyone can do this; no matter what religious background they may have. One of the three Wise Kings brought an offering of frankincense to Christ for a very good reason- he was sent by God with this gift so that this incense would help to protect the infant Jesus from many things, especially Herod's persecution & murder of the infants of the time.

Once again, good luck to you & yours. Stay positive!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

thanks for the heads up. I will also look into this
dh

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join