It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Protesters to Occupy Wall Street on Oct 5th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

WE are not looking for someone to blame. Where did that huuuge bailout go? Any takers? It wasn't my home address. It wasn't even the mall in Washington. It was the thieves who literally CONTROL the governments movements using the money leash!

We KNOW who to blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

No only DC and to show the congress whores that we are tired of their sell of America for interest money, but also the most corrupted entity in the nation the Fedeal Researve

The Fed's $16 Trillion Bailouts Under-reported

The media’s inscrutable brush-off of the Government Accounting Office’s recently released audit of the Federal Reserve has raised many questions about the Fed’s goings-on since the financial crisis began in 2008.

The audit of the Fed’s emergency lending programs was scarcely reported by mainstream media – albeit the results are undoubtedly newsworthy. It is the first audit of the Fed in United States history since its beginnings in 1913. The findings verify that over $16 trillion was allocated to corporations and banks internationally, purportedly for “financial assistance” during and after the 2008 fiscal crisis.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) amended the Wall Street Reform law to audit the Fed, pushing the GAO to step in and take a look around. Upon hearing the announcement that the first-ever audit would take place in July, the media was bowled over and nearly every broadcast network and newspaper covered the story. However, the audit’s findings were almost completely overlooked, even with a number as high as $16 trillion staring all of us in the face.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Are they just protesting wealth? Wall street activities? Investors? Investments? Banking? Bankers? IRA's?

Seriously, what's the deal here.

Come on Beezer, you're brighter than the average bunny.
It's easy enough to see they are protesting the exploitation of and influence over our government and economy by the financially powerful.

I don't think it's about "protesting people who take advantage of the laws that the pols write." as you stated above, but that they influence how the laws get written, as well as un-written.
edit on 9/30/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's a symbiotic relationship.

But the corperations that everybody vilifies would not be where they are, without the laws that allow them to do what they do. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac come to mind.

Look at much Congresspeople make annually. The top 20 didn't get that rich on a Congressperson's salary.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The Fed is owned by Goldman Sach and they have their minions working in the most important positions in governemnt from the Fed governor to the treasury secretary and cental banks, back a few years ago, I posted a thread on capitalism how Congress was open for business everyday and it was not for the people's business but big interest business, it was pretty good, I know exactly whats going on with our corporate own Government and the more you learn about it, the angry you can get, because the way politics are run in this nation we the people mean nothing to them, when you learn about the lies they tell, how they can campaign and blatantly take the people for dump and stupid the more angry you get, you learn that no politician in this nation is going to help the people at all, we the people will have to help ourselves united we can win.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People are SICK TO DEATH of being SCREWED and feeling HOPELESS. Many are now starting to voice their concern over the this before their FUTURE is TAKEN completely away from them and their CHILDREN.

Congratulations to them for getting off their rears and doing this, and SHAME on those here who say anything negative about it. Apparently some folks here want things to go as normal... WHY is that???

When great masses of people assemble in unity to voice their concerns, it is heard LOUDER than you can imagine. Their is POWER in NUMBERS folks. The corrupt dirt-bags whom are RUINING the average American families lives and futures MUST be forced to hear the peoples voices whom constantly go UNHEARD otherwise!!!

And to those stubborn ignorant fools here who criticize them, you all can go hell because most of the population is IN HELL AND TIRED OF IT!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

NO, there does not need to be blood spilt, rage is not the tool we need to utilize right now. We have to do this with care because in future generations you do not want to have this remembered as the violence that led to something better. It should be the peace and honor, that has been in short supply these past few decades, that led do a new era of understanding and justice.

I agree that protesting wall street without protesting the government is lopsided we need to protest both but the abstract idea of protesting greed will not accomplish anything.

Is it so hard to collectively create a list of needs that need to be met? I do not like the idea of protesting greed and letting policy makers decide how best to fix the system. We should tell them what policies we want to see and they would have to enforce them before the protests end.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

You are right no blood shed, that is not needed let the corrupted entities behind our government be the first ones to draw blood to show that they are nothing but corporate whores working for private interest.

The more people gets up and protest the more danger this will pose to the status quo, the rats will get scare, oh yes is nothing more terrifying that having the slaves retaliating oppression.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by beezzer

WE are not looking for someone to blame. Where did that huuuge bailout go? Any takers? It wasn't my home address. It wasn't even the mall in Washington. It was the thieves who literally CONTROL the governments movements using the money leash!

We KNOW who to blame.

THIS... I want you people to sit back and think this over... WHERE did the money come from... and WHERE did the money go?

The money was made to create interest income from you the people... they printed money to replace money that was lost, through you. What a brilliant laundering scheme... and then you sit there and bitch about your government?
How about you start looking for the right guys to blame... banks and corporations. The companies you slave for so you can earn money to pay back the interest you owe the FED for borrowing... money.

Now imagine a world without the FED and without banks.

Now that's a world I want to live in.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

"Is it so hard to collectively create a list of needs that need to be met? I do not like the idea of protesting greed and letting policy makers decide how best to fix the system. We should tell them what policies we want to see and they would have to enforce them before the protests end."

You've hit the nail on the head. There is no concerted message. And what is being said at times is often at odds with what a previous protester says.

Right now it is a genuine movement, but those involved only have anger at the system to unite them.

It's only a matter of time before this turns into a astroturf movement with a short life span once the unions get involved.

Unless violence is initiated by someone, and with the unions now involved, that will be likely, this protest will be history by winter.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

that's exactly what i said....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Call me naive, but I hold those in DC responsible. Are the clowns on Wall Street taking advantage? Sure. Is a healthy person cashing welfare checks taking advantage? Yes.

Do I think those on Wall Street are in control?
No.

I guess I just haven't been convinced yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Call me naive, but I hold those in DC responsible. Are the clowns on Wall Street taking advantage? Sure. Is a healthy person cashing welfare checks taking advantage? Yes.

Do I think those on Wall Street are in control?
No.

I guess I just haven't been convinced yet.

Well I certainly don't suggest those in DC don't have responsible. Are you suggesting that big money does not influence the policies they write and support? I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest, without any proof whatsoever lol, that there is a great deal more power wielded by the advantage wall street/banks/corporations have than the few who defraud public welfare. Just call me naive.

edit on 9/30/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You are not naive by any measure, you know exactly what goes on with the corporats and the whores in congress, that includes financial institutions.

All those millions from profits needs to keep flowing within the pimp lobbyist to keep buying the whores in congress

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You're correct. There is influence from Wall Street.

But do we blame those that peddle influence?

Or the spineless #%@$! that populate DC and aren't strong enough to do what's right?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

No my friends, nothing will change until blood is spilled. Until then, "they" are going to continue to stand on their balconies drinking champagne and laughing at the protests below. I'm not advocating violence in any way - it's my worst nightmare, citizens killing citizens - I'm just stating a fact.

It is inevitable. The financial system has been rigged to rob us. The government does not serve our interests or hear us, and on top of that they supported free trade agreements that have decimated our workforce. The well fed elites continue to take food off of our collective plates.

The writing is on the wall, and sadly, it is written in blood.

I welcome the flames of hell. I'm not afraid of death, or afraid of what will happen when the other shoe drops.

edit on 30-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
One million people would be impressive.

So far the protests have been quite modest.

Where will these million people come from?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by beezzer

We KNOW who to blame.

Yep. The public sector unions. The same people who are promoting this. A large chunk of the stimulus money went to finance the pension funds of the public sector unions. How do you think that the unions can afford to give millions to the DNC. Wake up and see how you are being used!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
“Let them march all they want, so long as they pay their taxes.” -Alexander Haig

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A big part of the reason that the Government is where it is today is because of Wall Street and the people who control and stand behind Wall Street. Who do you think caused so many of these laws to pass, and fly through Congress like they are made of gold, obviously a good chunk of political figures are funded by Wall Street administrations.

Money makes the World go round, it's as simple as that and it always will be. What's going on right now at Wall Street is amazing, it's an obvious change, and a welcome change to how the average US citizen has been reacting to the events of late. However, it is my belief that this will do nothing to benefit the average citizen, the right people will get bribed, and then the right people will stand against this, and crush it.

I mean, in all honesty those guys sitting up there on the balcony, drinking, laughing, smoking, do you honestly think they give a rat's ass about the mob of people hundreds of feet below them, if anything they are entertained by it. They enjoy watching us struggle and fight, gives them a kick, it's really sick, but you can't blame them, that mind state has existed among the Elite for generations.

In the end the only thing that brings me comfort is that I can beat the living hell out of every one of them, if it really came down to it (and I really wish I could one day), but in all honesty violence is not the answer, that's just frustration talking. There really is no true comfort, it's just a faint glimmer of hope in the distance that someone, somewhere, who actually matters, and can truly make their voice heard and make a change for the best.

GOOD LUCK to everyone at Wal lStreet right now, I respect you, and what you stand for, and I hope for the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join