It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its HOT! Summer seems to be back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So its reading 28 degrees outside which lets be honest is way above normal for this time of year, don't think its ever been this hot in well lets call it October... here in the UK

Not that im complaining tho the BBQ is back out

But im just guessing this has alot to do with recent solar activity ?

Where are you and whats the weather like ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Texas. The hottest year I have ever experienced. Severe drought, and extreme heat. Holding out for a supposed cold front in 2 days.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
im actually in kelowna and surprisingly we still have pretty warm weather... 23 and 24 in highs in the next couple days. hope it lasts

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here in the Pacific Northwest of the US, it has been much colder than normal. We didn't get a typical HOT summer, usually it is way over 100 degrees (F). I'm afraid we are going to have a really bad winter with LOTS of snow, which is NOT normal for here! (A typical winter here is 1 week of light snow). I am in the Eastern part of the state which is pretty much a desert.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
its damn hot here fella (west london)... like a proper summers day, blue skies and everything.

definitely unusual for this time of year.. i had the same thoughts about the solar flares, im no expert on the subject and was actually thinking to myself... could that be the cause of this unusual weather?

either way.. im not knocking it.. im gonna make the bloody most of it.. looks like its gonna be a beer garden afternoon!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree, it's hot! I'm in east anglia and it's swimming pool weather!
Not complaining though.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

101F yesterday
96F forcast for today.
Never had such an uncomfortable summer here in South Central TX.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
So its reading 28 degrees outside which lets be honest is way above normal for this time of year, don't think its ever been this hot in well lets call it October... here in the UK

Not that im complaining tho the BBQ is back out

But im just guessing this has alot to do with recent solar activity ?

Where are you and whats the weather like ?

Well yesterday we got the start of our indian summer, I was walking around in jeans and a t-shirt, wishing I had opted for shorts instead since it was hotter than it's been since July and I'm in Scotland, no, that wasn't a typo, I said SCOTLAND, in all of my 34 years in this, most beautiful of countries have I ever seen it this hot in thelast few days of September. I, like my friend south of the border (the OP), wonder if this is due to recent solar activity. Even the clouds yesterday were that wispy way we have them in mid-summer.

I am wondering if anyone else thinks that cloud formations seem somewhat different in recent times and that the sun appears much paler? The sun from my childhood was a much deeper yellow.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hahaha, yes! Win thread!

I'm from Brum, & I've got it clocked up as high as 26/27 degrees Celsius...for then next FIVE days!

O joy!

Normally in the UK, if there is a day of sunshine, you better expect for 2 or 3 days of torrential down-pour to follow.

This kick-*ss weather in the middle of Autumn!

Summer IS back! (until next week)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Here in the Pacific Northwest of the US, it has been much colder than normal. We didn't get a typical HOT summer, usually it is way over 100 degrees (F). I'm afraid we are going to have a really bad winter with LOTS of snow, which is NOT normal for here! (A typical winter here is 1 week of light snow). I am in the Eastern part of the state which is pretty much a desert.

Yeah i heard while reading up on some long forecast predictions for the UK, most of the people was predicting heavy snow & below average temps for October November & December because of a La Niña in the Pacific

Bar one guy who basses his models on space weather, he said about a week ago now of a very late summer so thanks to sun spot 1300 or what ever it is

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
its pretty darn cold in southern california

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'm in central Kentucky, USA, and it's getting colder. One of my friends who lives in Kansas commented last night that it was below freezing where shel lives. And that weather is heading my way.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am ROASTING in South Wales, its bizarrely hot, yet i believe theyve forcast snow for October, its crazy. I would love to take the dogs for a walk on the beach, but it not allowed, bah.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Warm here in NC - 80's when ~75 is normal, so not too bad. There's a huge low pressure system swirling over the eastern US, so it's pushing up a lot of tropical, humid weather our way. A cold front is supposed to hit us this weekend, so things will be back to normal. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
East coast of the U.S., Pennsylvania, and it has been much warmer than usual and very humid as it has been all summer....we're all beginning to sprout mold! We've broken records here for rainfall. The last couple days we've had several more inches of rain and the rivers are bursting at the seams.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1

Fraser Valley has almost same climate. And same winters. We had a cold summer, but August was very warm. September had spells like August in it where we had to have the fans going to get sleep. That wasn't normal. It cooled down with a few days of rain.

By the way, our solar system is going through an interstellar cloud of millions of degrees, nicknamed Fluffy. There are magnetic ribbons associated with this, so it could be a super nova, those ribbons are something stars have. And could have penetrated the solar system and be the strip of magnetism a scientist saw Elenin on, in which we would get some consequences. We're also getting X class and other types of CME's. In the end, I believe the sun will expand but not sue how many years all of this going to take.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yeah warm as hell here in Oxfordshire too.. about 26-27... just been doing heavy lifting work.. sweating aint the word for it... more like melting... looking forward to a few beers tonight though.. cool down a bit
not sure if it's the sun spot or not but I have noticed the misty mornings followed by the sun burning it all off leaving us with a hot humid day the last few days..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Could you post a link about the Fluffy thing? I am big into the global changes theories.... Here is a link you may be interested in.....

iceagenow.info...

iceagenow.info...
edit on 29-9-2011 by freespirit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
North east Scotland here!

Brisk southerly wind,but temp still in low 20's!
Gotta say,that The Sun seems especially glarey also,perhaps the current solar activity making it seem so?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here in North Carolina, USA... the weather is pleasant for September, but by no means a record setter...checking the past.. it seems the records for this week and high temps were 1999, 1998 and 1948... high today about 83, which is a little high but not unusual...but cold weather is on the way and it will feel like fall this weekend.

So, is it global warming? And if it is, I want Al Gore to tell me where my water front property is in Central NC? I have a boat dock in my back yard and no ocean as of yet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join