It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor of Wyoming orders violation of Posse Comitatus...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is an illegal procedure and violates the Posse Comitatus Act. I submitted this story to Alex Jones and he did a write up about it here: www.infowars.com... THIS ACTION IS NOT LEGAL!!!!!

Read more: trib.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Your source is kinda, and by kinda I mean COMPLETELY vague and lacking in details... How are they working together? Is the Air Force going to position Predators around the state armed with Hellfire missiles that can snif out booze breath???

Get back to me when you have some ACTUAL facts on this...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
CHEYENNE — In a first-of-its-kind collaboration, F.E. Warren Air Force Base will collaborate with state and local governments and law enforcement to cut down on underage and irresponsible drinking, officials announced Tuesday.

The $300,000-per-year program, funded with federal dollars, will step up education and enforcement efforts to combat alcohol use among minors and abuse among adults, Gov. Matt Mead said at a State Capitol press conference alongside Cheyenne Police Chief Brian Kozak and Col. Christopher Coffelt, commander of the 90th Missile Wing at F.E. Warren.

Alcohol was involved in 79 percent of the 19,000 arrests Wyoming law officers made in 2010, and it’s the leading cause of vehicle crashes and deaths of young people in the state, according to Kozak.

“Wyoming has a problem with arrests and alcohol-related arrests,” Mead said. “We have too many kids who are underage who are using alcohol, and we frankly have too many adults who are not responsible using alcohol. And that is a detriment to the state of Wyoming.”

The program, which is an expansion of a similar effort at F.E. Warren, will look to find the best ways to educate people about the dangers of drunken driving, underage drinking and drinking to excess.

State, local and military police will also work together under the program to crack down on drunk people who disobey the law.

On Halloween, a “huge contingent” of police officers will patrol looking for drunk drivers and underage drinking, Coffelt said. In addition, “party posses” composed of volunteer residents will attend parties, along with other places where underage drinking is likely to take place, to spot and report offenders.

“We want the message out there: zero tolerance,” Coffelt said. “We’re not going to put up with people driving on our streets impaired by alcohol or drugs.”

While initially limited to Cheyenne, the program if successful would serve as a model for similar efforts elsewhere in Wyoming, Mead said.

The Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs provided funding for the three-year project.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
WTF!

This is a HUGE violation of the Constitution!

Wyoming is using the military to police it's streets and do a drunk-driving crackdown.

This guy should be ejected from office IMMEDIATELY - I can't believe this, and this guy is a republican? This is the party that has been paying lip service to defending the constitution, and this is what we get?

I thought it was bad enough when the state police began running drunk-driving checkpoints in most states, but now we can look forward to military units doing the same.

This is seriously bad news, no matter WHAT your political affiliations are.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
sounds like prohibition all over again...i think this time it will work because people will just lay down and show their bellies just like a submissive dog.......

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
is it like that other thread when the governor of North Carolina ordered a suspension of elections?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Every single one of those pieces of # that call themselves soldiers are traitors to their oaths of enlistment. Each and every person involved in this needs to be tried for treason. This sort of thing will continue as long as the majority of the American public continue to be such cowards when it comes to standing up for the principals that founded this nation.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they are involving the military to crack down on underage drinking by soldiers. The military takes underage drinking very seriously nowadays. It's not like it was back in the 80's when the mindset was, "if you're old enough to die in a war, you're old enough to have a drink."

The military is also cracking down on DUIs and other alcohol incidents because it's a problem that can be fixed.

I don't read this as a violation of the Constitution but the state and local authorities involving the military to police their own.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The M.P.'s will be responsible for enforcement among military personnel not the general public.

Wyoming News

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What do you guys think of the "Party Posses" that from the sounds of it will be used to infiltrate parties, which how it is worded could be private house parties? I find it to be an abomination that we could have paid infromants infiltrating private property in order to supposedly bust those buying alcohol for minors. UGH if this isn't what a police state looks like than what is it?
edit on 28-9-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GeistMelange

State, local and military police will also work together under the program to crack down on DRUNK PEOPLE who disobey the law.

No where does it state that it is just MP's going after people on base. IT EVEN SAYS: "While initially limited to Cheyenne, the program if successful would serve as a model for similar efforts elsewhere in Wyoming, Mead said."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The program is called "0-0-1-3".

This new initiative is based off the "0-0-1-3" program, which was developed at F.E. Warren. That program stresses zero drinks for those under 21, zero DUIs, one drink per hour and just three drinks total.

Coffelt said that program was implemented on the base around 2004 and was very successful.

No mention of military being utilized off-base for law enforcement, which would break the Posse Comitatus Act, but there will be a representative from the Cheyenne Police Dept. permanently assigned to the base.

Part of the grant allows the Cheyenne Police Department to have a full-time officer to oversee the coordination and alliance with the military, according to Kozak.

"That officer has a space on the base, which I believe is the first of its kind in the country. He also will be acting as the full-time alcohol compliance officer for Cheyenne, in addition to being a liaison between us," Kozak said. "In the short time we have had someone in that role, it has proved to be a great benefit, not only in situations with alcohol, but also in homeland security measures and general coordination as well.

Source

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If I'm driving down the highway and a military MP pulls me over, it better be to tell me ET's have landed or martial law has been declared. If he tells me to blow into a breathalyzer I'm punching him right in the chops and going about my business.

I was stationed on one of the larger military bases in the US (Norfolk, VA) and we had a base police department, military MPs, and even a federal version of police, the NIS (Naval Investigative Service). No need to add civilian police to that. The military already has things like MP's and Shore Patrol for tending to the military when mixing with civilians.

Mixing military with civilian drunk-driving check points or stops is just crossing the line, it's violating the Posse Comitatus, and if they get away with this, they'll continue pushing the boundary until we're living in a full blown police state.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
This is an illegal procedure and violates the Posse Comitatus Act.

Didn't Bush basically disable the PC Act some time ago?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
If I'm driving down the highway and a military MP pulls me over, it better be to tell me ETs have landed or martial law has been declared. If he tells me to blow into a breathalyzer I'm punching him right in the chops and going about my business.

I love the way you think! Do us a favor and run for president when we take back our republic.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I don't think they'll have Cheyenne Police pulling people over on base at F. E. Warren AFB, or AF Security Police pulling people over off base either. The only civilian law enforcement with any power on military bases is the sheriff of the county the base resides in.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

State, local and military police will also work together under the program to crack down on drunk people who disobey the law.

On Halloween, a “huge contingent” of police officers will patrol looking for drunk drivers and underage drinking, Coffelt said. In addition, “PARTY POSSES” composed of volunteer RESIDENTS will attend parties, along with other places where underage drinking is likely to take place, to spot and report offenders.

“We want the message out there: zero tolerance,” Coffelt said. “We’re not going to put up with people driving on our streets impaired by alcohol or drugs.”

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

"...which is why we'll be implanting tracking devices into the skin of adolescents and cameras into their cars... we need to make sure they're safe and secure. Oh, that Constitution thing? It's old. We don't need it anymore."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Having read the article that the Op mentioned, there are a few things that can be stated:

While having the US military operate with in the confines of the US, is against the law, however, there are loopholes that exist and it deals around the military police. When the military police are involved in the affairs of the interior of the US, while they are still a part of the US military, they are then under the jurisdiction of the US Federal marshals, with full powers given to them as deputies. IN short, they may wear a US military uniform, but they are considered federal officers, and that is very much legal, and have to act within the rules and constraints of the federal marshals, not the US military, until they are returned back to the base and their commanding officers. So it is not a violation of the US Law, in short it is one department borrowing personell from another department.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

None of that breaks the Posse Comitatus Act, as the title of this thread accuses.

The Act prohibits members of the Army from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

The statute prohibits Army and Air Force personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Navy and Marine Corps are prohibited by a Department of Defense directive, not by the Act itself. The Coast Guard, under the Department of Homeland Security, is exempt from the Act.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join