It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens 'responsible' for ancient knowledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dunno...

I'm still on the fence about this possibility. I spent the last three nights watching the "Ancient Aliens" series and I'm still not convinced. I'll admit it's a possibility but so far I've not seen any concrete proof. I know many here are though. So I thought I'd post this for their reading pleasure.

Aliens 'responsible' for ancient knowledge

Cape Town - Ancient traditions of contact with extraterrestrials are reflected in continued class inequalities today, an author has said.

"All the way through ancient civilisations, the primary thing that I found was that [in] every single tradition from around the world, people were visited by these 'people from the sky'," Wayne Herschel, author of The Hidden Records and the Cosmic Tree told News24.

He said that ancient aliens travelled to Earth and passed on knowledge to civilisations that enabled the construction of megalithic structures.

"They made contact with the kings - their leaders - and gave a whole lot of information on what they can do with their lives. And it seems every single one chose to make these teachings and writing sacred for their elite people only, whereas the commoner and poor and the enslaved were restricted from it."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It always struck me as lazy by these researchers, much like the god of the gaps that people of faith get blamed with , these guys see things that they cant explain and would inspire many more years of real archaeology to discover so they jump on the Aliens did it band wagon.

It would be harder to prove and take years of work to look for a long lost civilization of man, one that maybe was just as advance as us and got destroyed by themselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There is a rather interesting audio link to a radio interview provided by the link. I think however this guys is just rehashing what he has seen on the History channel

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
On the Island of Malta there exists a 3 story deep underground structure called The Hypogeum all completely and smoothly carved out of rock that dates back to the pre bronze age.

It is also acoustically designed in that a whisper vocalized in the auditorium can be heard throughout the entire 3 story structure as a Public Announcement system using acoustic resonance to propagate the sound.

Resonance of waves is something that we technically have only relatively recently began to understand and is the foundation of the MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) utilizing magnets and radio waves to create images of the internals of the body used in the medical industry worldwide today.

PEACE

www.sanandrea.edu.mt...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Building an chamber that channels sound is a long way from MRI, in grand central in new york there is an alcove that does the same thing.

Bit of a leap to connect one to the other.
edit on 28-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

that whole show drives me nuts (my wife is constantly asking me why I watch it) they are constantly presenting things without digging any deeper into their sources or explanation.

The whole show seems to be around discounting the ingenuity of man, and saying nope we are toooooo dumb to do that, it must be aliens.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Not sure yet what I believe, but I have always wondered why so many cultures, from every corner of the world seem to have the same stories of "Sky People". I guess if your religious, you could say angels, but I'm not buying that.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Aliens of one sort or another may well have been visiting the Earth for thousands of years but to attribute these wonders of the past to them does our ancestors a disservice .
I think its evidence that as a species we've peeked and were more intelligent and resourceful back then , we should celebrate our ancestors ingenuity and give them the credit they deserve .

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Let my post a theory.

Asume there is a higher being. Asume that all that exist is him/her/it. One day this being devides himself and all souls are created and the reality we live in gets born also in this big bang. Life is created by evolution that is the "All" masterplan. He even make evolution his goal of the souls. The souls get to be animals first and learn from the experiance. Asume that evolution in the end reaches conciousness on planets a long time ago. This life evolved and some soul reached enlightment. These souls are what we call angels. Wether the "All" is concious or the Angels with perfect communication is the thing we call god makes no differance. Say that these enlightened being changed the dna och animals so we could reach conciousness and sometimes came back to help us in our social, spiritual evolution. The reason for life is to evolve to a higher more harmonic being. And there is a need for planets where more enlightened people can evolve in peace. There is also a need for planet where the souls that havent evolved enough to be harmonic can evolve. See the differance in the humans around you. Some people are more animal that human and some are increadbly nice. Some are honest and some are very controling and manipulative. There is no race to be the souls that evolves first. All souls will need to be evolved and the ones that are further on will have to help the stragglers. And if we look at the animals there is a lot of stragglers left
. Maybe the religous are right and there is a change comming and some will be in an enlightened place and some will be in the other place where the people around them is not so evolved because they need to be able to behave before they can join the enlightend.

I am not really 100% sure of anything in this post beacuse it is a theory. But I like it because it explains all that is going on in the universe.

But I do know the law of one. The only law in the universe that I belive to 100%. All is One and One is All.

Forgive my rant if you tink it's a bit off topic.
edit on 28-9-2011 by apushforenlightment because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by apushforenlightment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've been watching this stuff for the past few weeks. My question is, if Aliens were really participating with human development, why didn't they teach us how to make their advanced technologies actually advanced? And not made of stone or pottery or even be questionable in the least as to their function.

Also, why couldn't ancient humans have thought up advanced technologies? We today don't seem to have much problem coming up with all sorts of inventions. It's been going on for thousands of years, really. Why couldn't John Doe in the year 5000 BC not be content with living a normal work eat and sleep life style and decide to start poking around nature out of curiosity? As the case has been through out history when inventors did their thing, sometimes never seeing their ideas come to life because they didn't understand how things worked, and sometimes totally seeing their ideas come to life. Trial and error paved the way for new technologies to better our lives.

What about the pieces of art? Drawings and paintings and statues. People were too stupid to draw or paint or carve exactly what they saw? So instead they just thought up of some Earthly representation. Like, the typical UFO. They didn't recreate it as the typical UFO. They created a flying turtle man. They didn't paint UFO machines battling it out in the sky. They painted it as individual beings in chariots or whatnot. They make the case of tribes today treating us as gods when we visit them from above with airplanes. They didn't draw weird questionable content or create statues of turtle men. They built an exact replica of the bloody airplane.

I could go on for hours with my problems with the logic that's being used on this ancient aliens show. The guys there make it sound like they are only questioning this stuff but it's obvious in their hearts they believe in it. So my question to them is why do humans today who live in the middle of nowhere who are living like humans in general did countless thousands of years ago, can make an exact replica of a plane they saw while humans from 10,000 years ago were not? My answer: Because humans from 10,000 years ago weren't recreating what they saw, they were creating works of art to express their beliefs of gods that were not of this Earth. These pieces of art have a fantasy tone going on for them because those people never actually saw anything with their own eyes except for the occasion thingy in the sky which was nothing more than Universe related things like comets and stars and supernovas and the like.

But when it comes to the subject of men walking with dinosaurs thereby destroying the belief that they existed 64+ million years ago, oh that's just their imagination. They must have saw the bones, and then recreated them in art form. Yeah, that's it. There's no way we walked with dinosaurs. Our science is fool proof. But we were definitely visited by Aliens. The proof is in the art work. Wait, what?

Am I making any sense here?

Now, there is a few examples out there that are truly questionable. I think these examples are the only reason some people are on a wild goose chase to view all ancient art as something more than works of fantasy beliefs. But that's all it is, questionable art. Just like the dinosaur art. We may never know for certain. But I'll tell you what, I'm more inclined to believe the dinosaur art long before the alien art because I know for a fact that dinosaurs existed. People see all kinds of events in the sky but until an Alien plops down in a craft, walks out and says "I come in peace, my homies" in front of cameras for the entire world to see, or we find skeleton remains that are unquestionably alien to us, they will not be a cold hard fact of existing in this universe.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There have been a few authors who have suggested that the system of government specifically relating to kings and leadership progression through blood lines was initiated in humanity via ET intervention. The families who still had the most ET genetics in them (or who were educated directly by the ETs) were seen as more suited to rule. But it's difficult to justify.

Most of the earlier human forms of government apparently had more to do with a council of elders who would make decisions and handle legal matters. Nobody's genetics gave them an advantage in government, but rather their experience and wisdom. There are an equal number of examples of great kings being followed on the throne by either equally great kings, or by complete idiots. So if ET introduced this form of government to humanity, it doesn't show them to be all that wise when it comes to genetics.

As for other kinds of ancient knowledge being attributed to ETs, the basic flaw in trying to determine this is that we can only use our own perspective as a guide. We can say, "ETs flew jet planes, just like is illustrated by this little trinket." But that's only because we ourselves are familiar with jet planes. And it goes that way with any other kind of image or description of sophisticated knowledge or technology. It only counts if it's similar to what we're familiar with. So Nazca lines become "runways," because we're too dopey to imagine that alien flying machines would use vertical take-offs and not need runways. Big rocks must have been moved by aliens with big machines, because we use big machines to move our rocks.

If there was an ancient ET technology that had to do with using crystals or spiral shapes to allow consciousnesses to jump between dimensions, for instance, we wouldn't recognize it because we aren't familiar with it ourselves. So what we end up with is a very skewed review of the data that relies too much on folklore and what constitutes advanced technology from our own very limited perspective. And the knowledge that the ETs have supposedly passed onto us really turns out to be pretty mundane.

Still, we can possibly use the idea to test a theory. Is there an ancient civilization that has some recognizable and specific information about any planet in orbit around Proxima Centauri? Or maybe some other nearby star? It might be in the form of a legend or prophesy that we can decode. If they did, could we clearly find out that such-and-such a people say that there is an Earthlike planet four out from that star? Then when we get the new planetary data, we can compare it to see if it was accurate or not. Find something that would be an indicator of advanced knowledge that even WE don't have yet, and then test it when we get that new data. We need to do it ahead of time, not try to fit it after the fact like with the Dogon.

If somebody can show me ahead of time how some ancient knowledge, possibly encoded in a fable or myth or construction, correlates with something we discover but don't know about ourselves right now, I'd be a lot more likely to buy that there was some kind of advanced knowledge tucked away there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

that whole show drives me nuts (my wife is constantly asking me why I watch it) they are constantly presenting things without digging any deeper into their sources or explanation.

The whole show seems to be around discounting the ingenuity of man, and saying nope we are toooooo dumb to do that, it must be aliens.

Nope.

It says "We should quit assuming that we are the pinnacle of the universe and the most intelligent species that ever existed, and recognized that monkeys did not turn into apes 'overnight' and started building pyramids".

edit on 28-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voldster
I've been watching this stuff for the past few weeks. My question is, if Aliens were really participating with human development, why didn't they teach us how to make their advanced technologies actually advanced? And not made of stone or pottery or even be questionable in the least as to their function.

It's a reasonable question. You know what would be a nice thing for them to have done? Put a satellite in geostationary orbit (no, not the Moon) that would plainly and clearly indicate to all of us lowly hominids that they exist, or existed, and what our place is here. It would be a lot more obvious than the Pyramids.

Anyway, I'm with you. Considering all the things these Ancient Aliens COULD have done, they sure picked some things that are pretty paltry and obtuse.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

It's a reasonable question. You know what would be a nice thing for them to have done? Put a satellite in geostationary orbit (no, not the Moon) that would plainly and clearly indicate to all of us lowly hominids that they exist, or existed, and what our place is here. It would be a lot more obvious than the Pyramids.

Anyway, I'm with you. Considering all the things these Ancient Aliens COULD have done, they sure picked some things that are pretty paltry and obtuse.

My theory is that the ET's that were here and made us were not interested in teaching advanced technology to ' the help'.

Also, they couldn't have cared less if we would have 'proof' of them being here or not....it was not about that. They were not wondering, 'Gee, how are we going to prove to the future generations that we exist and were here".

They came on a mission. Mission accomplished. They are gone.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Aliens of one sort or another may well have been visiting the Earth for thousands of years but to attribute these wonders of the past to them does our ancestors a disservice .
I think its evidence that as a species we've peeked and were more intelligent and resourceful back then , we should celebrate our ancestors ingenuity and give them the credit they deserve .

I have to disagree there, what higher attribute can we praise them for, than having contact with an ETI? It is something most of humanity has sought, hoped for, feared or wondered about for ages. Is it any less of a feat if our ancestors LEARNED advanced tech so early in our development? I think it's a greater feat actually, in my opinion, coming face to face with a "god" and not cowering in fear and a much greater disservice to at least not look at the possibilities that our current answers are wrong and to try and find the truth, not continue to pretend that something is not amiss.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Are we so sure they didn't? Would we know about it if such a satellite was discovered? I think not.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with the idea also but you lost me when you mentioned Wayne Herschel. He had a part in a hoax brought to ATS and was busted. Found out he researches from his home on the computer and has a self published book that is taken in a large part from another author.

google his name. He also made a hoax prediction with Blossom Goodchild a couple of years back and the recent alien signal hoax with James van Gruenen aka...Judy falkstog, an infamous hoaxer from the Kalahari crash days with many articles from UFO researchers stating he was a fraud. BTW, James was from South Africa also.

Idea good, Wayne bad.
edit on 28-9-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You know, there probably is just as much chance as Humans, from the future with time machine technology, going back and giving tech, changing the whole timeline, as there is Aliens coming in our past.

Maybe a little sci-fi, but like Slayer said, the evidence is not really evidence of aliens.

Personally, I see evidence of outside (the village or area of kingship) help, but that could be:

-humans from the future (?) possible, but not probable
-Aliens
-human civilizations of the era (just more advanced than others) that thought up all the tech, but now forgotten and lost to time.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Blue Shift

My theory is that the ET's that were here and made us were not interested in teaching advanced technology to ' the help'.

Also, they couldn't have cared less if we would have 'proof' of them being here or not....it was not about that. They were not wondering, 'Gee, how are we going to prove to the future generations that we exist and were here".

They came on a mission. Mission accomplished. They are gone.

What mission is that? The one I believe you are referring too is the mining of Gold... If so, done? Gone?

We've been going through great lengths finding all the gold we possibly can around the globe... seems to me like we've been performing for them quite well. Some might say it's the basis of our current civilization (moolah booyah!) and "makes the world go round". Postulating they do want gold and they do have very advanced technology, why would they leave? We've been working our butts off for them for millenniums, very well I might add. Just because you see no owl in the dark, do not mistake the hoot as a force of nature.

Hell, they probably run the Cash for Gold mail in business ^^)

All joking aside, just because you and the masses do not know where they dwell, that does not mean they do not dwell.

Why would they make themselves known and possibly toss their nice little gold machine into total chaos and instability or revolution? Ever hear the phrase "what you don't know can't hurt you?" Humanity is descent at solving problems, but one most know there is a problem first.

peace peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not One ancient lightbulb has been found. i suspect the answers to ancient knowledge lie under the sea rather than in the Stars

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join