It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We won't track you anymore....honest!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just like Google didn't mean their street view car to snoop on wifi spots.
Google apologises for using Street View car to snoop on Wi-Fi browsing for four years.

Now that they are apologising, they must have what they want. It will all be part of a bigger plan, of that I have no doubt.

st.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

reply to post by Manhater

Anon will be exposing the consumers and private details about the consumer

Can you show proof that this is how Anon is going to do this?
I was under the impression that they were simply going to hack into Facebook and render it useless.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

That has been the pattern lately, So what makes facebook any different.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

It hasn't stopped me yet. As an infowarrior, it is my duty to battle ignorance. If people hadn't taken their eye off the ball, I wouldn't have to do this.

I can only show them the door, they are the ones who have to walk through it.

[Thanks Morpheus]

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DanteMustDie

Hasn't stopped me either, one day they will read at one, then maybe that will make them look deeper.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Ellis1234 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
By attacking facebook, Anon does nothing but hurt the consumer.
How is that fair to the consumer?

Sometimes People need a Reality Check
and someone who take their Hand away from the Com.!

Look, Facebook or World of Warcraft for example is created by People
who spend Millions of USD to keep the User online, non-stop 24/7!

Many People fall for this, incl. Thousands of Children!
The last EU-Drug Report (2011) spoke about ca. 2,5 Million People
who are manifest addicted to the Net!
(This People get a real Withdrawal when they cant be online)

I think it is more than Okay to stop FB. for a few Hours,
i doubt that they are strong enough to block FB for longer!

@ Tacking;
can i remove the cookie by a Long Time Cookie Remover?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

We won't track you anymore

Or any less. So glad I never got wrapped up in the whole ridiculous Facebook fad. Mark Zuckerberg is a little too "chummy" with TPTB for my comfort level.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why is all this tracking being done in the first place? Is it so the Government can keep tabs on its people? NO. It is just like the posts previous to this one in this thread stated, instead of using "people" they used "Consumers". This is the problem. Business has been given the ability, almost unregulated, to shove their products down our throats. I see it in my minds eye like walking into a market and being pulled in every direction by "hey look at me","hey look at my shinnies", "You cant live without one or two of these".

Everywhere we go today(in populated areas) it is nothing but advertising. Billboards, signs, storefronts, heck even skywriting and flying banners. Its on the radio, its on TV, its in your mail box, coming across your phone screen(regardless if it comes to you free or not ie that $0.20/text), they call you and if you don't answer they keep calling, anywhere and everywhere on the net, and they are not even happy stopping there. You find advertising in the products you do buy as if it still was not enough and it is not even limited to upgrades but even includes other products and sister company products.

It has gone beyond the "I/we can offer you this" idea, as they are no longer offering but more like inundating society like a plague all in the name of free marketing. We are not even without advertising in our minds, with the jingles running through them and "semi-legal" subliminal messaging. But really that is all it is, is a mind game. Placing their products in the forefront of our minds, telling us which brand is the one to buy by the more financially sound companies that can afford bigger advertising budgets leaving the Mom and Pop businesses to fail and falter.

These big businesses are all owned by those that already have money designed to sap everyone else of theirs. We have a faltering economy because these businesses have become hoarders of money. The money, for the most part, is not put back into society but traded within their own holdings, ie; A manufacturer selling to a companies product facility using its sister advertising company. Money changes on the books but in actuality never removed from the Bank account.

The making of Monopolies illegal in this country has done nothing, as they are just formed outside of it and outsourcing has only helped with this. Smaller companies are being bought out by the bigger ones who in turn bought out by bigger ones putting all the money going into one account. the free market has been swallowed up beyond return unless the planet of "Consumers" stands up together and says enough to the global monopolies, and I don't see that as happening.

The general public is stuck in what I call the "maze of amazement". This maze that society is caught up in is thus, Every time one turns a corner they are amazed by some new product or evolutionary new, must have, technology based on the desire to be with the "in crowed" or the "mine is cooler than yours" mentality which is fed by the advertising companies. People caught in this maze forget to see what really matters in Life.

I am not against new technology or the new cool thing out. What I am against is the constant bombardment of advertising. Constantly seeing products I do not want. I would like to decide for myself to look for the products I want. This instigates better research on my part for the better and sometimes less expensive product than the one being shoved down my throat through advertising, but if everyone used this process would it bring the competition back under control or fuel the already intense big business competition?

The Mom and Pop Shop is a thing of the past except for the rural areas. Small business is fading quickly and the ability of the little guy to control their future through there own hard work is almost no longer possible without the backing of the bigger companies which in turn takes the freedom of working for ones self away leaving the owner in no better shape than working for someone else.

This brings us back to the illusion of having a choice, as the money is ultimately going to the same place, The Banks. It is not going back into the system as it was meant to, it is being collect and hoarded instead of feeding the economy forcing the printing and borrowing of more money putting more and more of a strain on the little guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I just performed an internet search for "companies accused of tracking customers".

This is what I found:

Microsoft (in general)
www.nationalpost.com...

Microsoft (Windows Phone 7)
wmpoweruser.com...

Apple (iPad & iPhone)
www.bloomberg.com...

comScore (collecting social security numbers)
www.computerworlduk.com...

Telekom (tracking journalists' cell signals)
www.spiegel.de...

Hulu, Spotify, and Etsy (shadow tracking)
au.ibtimes.com...

Aaron's/PC Rental Agent (spying with PC webcam)
abcnews.go.com...

Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro ("reconveyance tracking" services)
www.prnewswire.com... tml

What a list!

I bet there are many more companies that are tracking that have yet to be discovered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join