It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Iranian hikers prove Ron Paul is right about blowback

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

He added that he believes that reports of abuses and poor conditions in CIA-run prisons, prisons inside the United States and at the military detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, "provide an excuse for other governments, including the government of Iran, to act in kind."

"The only explanation for our prolonged detention is the 32 years of mutual hostility between America and Iran," Bauer said. "The irony is that (fellow once-detained hikers) Sarah (Shourd), Josh (Fattal) and I oppose U.S. policies towards Iran, which perpetuate this hostility."

Bauer said he and Fattal were detained by Iranian authorities not because they'd crossed an unmarked border between Iran and Iraq, but "because of our nationality."

While not siding with Iran, these hikers are saying their mistreatment in Iran was a direct result of mutual hostility between America and Iran, and added that Guantanamo military prisons give Iran an excuse to treat their political prisoners with an equal hostility.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If the hikers knew all of this going in....then why did they go there in the first place? Going there was a stupid thing to do...so foolish.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
LIAR!!! Dear Leader Obama is a PEACE PRIZE WINNER! They are lying! Iran is evil and trying to kill us ALL. They hate the USA! They are jealous of our amazing country and government that is why they are soooooo evil.

Obama, and Bush before him are peace loving and patient individuals. They are men of peace. And Iran is evil. Iran is full of caveman who worship the devil and kill babies. These hikers have been tortured and brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You mean the two jewish spies right? They may as well have had cia/mossad agents written on placards around their necks
Who the hell goes hiking on the border of Iran/Iraq?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
LIAR!!! Dear Leader Obama is a PEACE PRIZE WINNER! They are lying! Iran is evil and trying to kill us ALL. They hate the USA! They are jealous of our amazing country and government that is why they are soooooo evil.

Obama, and Bush before him are peace loving and patient individuals. They are men of peace. And Iran is evil. Iran is full of caveman who worship the devil and kill babies. These hikers have been tortured and brainwashed.

your sarcasm is unneeded and just getting out of hand....this isnt the only thread you've done it in...if your not going to be constructive go do something else.

now....as for these hikers...first off who the hell goes to a war zone for a vacation and doesnt expect for them to try and grab you on ANYTHING they can......your white...your dressed like an north american....and you talk like one...you look nothing like the native people...and you we're just expecting everything to go perfect....they should of stayed caught and been a lesson to all....you go into a war zone be ready for war rules...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I know right. They should be thanking their lucky stars they weren't beheaded or something. Imagine if the US found some Iranian Hikers on a lovely stroll on the mexican boarder. lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Atzil321

I know right. They should be thanking their lucky stars they weren't beheaded or something. Imagine if the US found some Iranian Hikers on a lovely stroll on the mexican boarder. lol

if it was in texas and perry had anything to say it would be a cheap education with free citizenship....true story

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Two things. How do hikers accidentally wander into Iran, and why would you want to even be in that area? Secondly, we call them hikers duh..Iran calls them spies. What did we call those Russians living in the United States??? Spies right? Wonder what they called them.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Authenticated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
You mean the two jewish spies right? They may as well have had cia/mossad agents written on placards around their necks
Who the hell goes hiking on the border of Iran/Iraq?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure if they are spies or not, it's just a hunch, but maybe this could be a hint that the story they are saying is exaggerated or made up.

edit on 26-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It's called Stockholm Syndrome.

Link to Wiki Article

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.

It's not at all surprising. Notice they mentioned hearing the prisoners around them being tortured while not being tortured themselves. That is classic in fact.

What they did not realize is that being American is what actually saved them. The Press attention kept them safe unlike what would have happened to them had they not been American.

They also seemed oblivious to the fact they were released because of Ahmadinejad's trip here so he could say see what a wonderful country we are, we released these CIA Agents and let them come home.

Note also they parrot the lie about the how the Terrorists are treated by us. Even the Red Cross could not find anything wrong with the conditions at Guantanamo Bay where the prisoners are housed in better conditions than the Soldiers. Unlike the Iranians who torture and beat their prisoners.

There still is no explanation of why these kids were hiking on that border. They were obviously up to something all along and it backfired on them. What their saying now is likely part of their original agenda. You simply don't wake up one day and say I think I'll take a hike on the Iranian Border it's a nice day out. They were up to something.

I also noted their loyalty to their Attorney. Also a classic tactic used very effectively by the Iranians. Make them think he was a good person on their side which of course he was not.

It's sad that these young people may never understand how they are being used. Even sadder they are now acting as apologists for the same evil men who held them.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Guess you never saw all the pictures that were leaked from Guantanimo Bay.

link   
We came out to the world and told them we are going to Torture people.

Congress even came out and gave the President authority to kill Americans without a trial.

Your Federal Government scared the American people more than the rest of the world.

And there was NO blowback....no American people coming out and saying Torturing is bad or the President authorizing Americans to be killed by the US Military....as being bad.

NO blowback. Just a lot of scared sheeple.

link   

Other than showing loyalty to their lawyer (whom they said was not given a fair opportunity to represent them) how are they showing empathy towards Iran?

"We lived in a world of lies and false hope,"

"the worst experience of our lives."

How do you get Stockholm Syndrome out of "this was the worst experience of our lives?"

If that is your idea of empathy, what is your idea of hatred?
edit on 26-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Even the Red Cross could not find anything wrong with the conditions at Guantanamo Bay

ha ha, you're joking right? i guess they thought those pics of soldiers abusing the prisoners were run of the mill conditions and were just fine???

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Guess you never saw all the pictures that were leaked from Guantanimo Bay.

It's Guantanamo. Terrorist Apologists love to ignore the fact that the Red Cross investigated and has a presence there. They also ignore the fact only the most dangerous remain there and that many who were released have already killed more people. Siding with Terrorists is a pretty sick position to take.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They weren't just hiking IMO....I believe in gut instincts and my gut instinct by looking into their eyes tells me they are hardened CIA operatives or some other letter agency...I don't believe a word of the conditions of release, it all seems Fabricated.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

your sarcasm is unneeded and just getting out of hand....this isnt the only thread you've done it in...if your not going to be constructive go do something else.

constructive? this is an internet forum...
I say his sarcasm is extremely welcome and is as much, if not more "constructive" than anything else we can "accomplish" on this website

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

now....as for these hikers...first off who the hell goes to a war zone for a vacation and doesnt expect for them to try and grab you on ANYTHING they can......your white...your dressed like an north american....and you talk like one...you look nothing like the native people...and you we're just expecting everything to go perfect....they should of stayed caught and been a lesson to all....you go into a war zone be ready for war rules...

I like sarcasm. It's funny. You stay at home and hide under your covers if you want. Some people believe so strongly in the power of Truth and Justice that they are literally blind to the corruption and sickness in the world. You know Iran is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL country and i'm sure they were having an amazing time hiking before they were caught. These guys did an amazing thing. They failed to acknowledge evil corruption between these two countries and went out and attempted to have a good time to SPITE them. I say good for them and THANKS for telling the truth. AWESOME.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So how many people see the complete lack of thinking in this? Why not go for a picnic in the DMZ in Korea. Stop off in Haiti dor a sabbatical and while you're there you can learn how to speak French from all the non white people there. Picnic in Pakistan? Kite flying in Korea? Smells like undercover work to me, but I'm just a rodeo clown hater

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
So how many people see the complete lack of thinking in this? Why not go for a picnic in the DMZ in Korea. Stop off in Haiti dor a sabbatical and while you're there you can learn how to speak French from all the non white people there. Picnic in Pakistan? Kite flying in Korea? Smells like undercover work to me, but I'm just a rodeo clown hater

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

All of these things would be absolutely BRILLIANT if they were done by a person(s) that were pure and truly ignorant of the hate that would make these things scary things to do.

Can you imagine a bunch of kids getting past the barbed wire fence far enough into the DMZ to have a picnic? I can't think of a more absolutely amazingly poignant vision. Of course it can never happen because everyone is efficiently trained to be afraid of all these things.. we are taught to pay respect, kneel and cower in fear of the powerful hate filled control centers. Forgetting how powerful love and truth is.

That said, did you know that Port au Prince in Haiti is a HIGHLY trafficked cruise ship stop? Check for yourself. Major Cruise Lines stopping there everyday. Hard to believe i know. There are picnic's in Pakistan EVERYDAY. You will have no problem getting a visa to go visit there. North Korea.. i'm sure they have kites.. as long as Kim Jong Il's face is on them.

There is evil in the world.. no doubt. It's rare that Love and truth enters the front lines here. But when innocent and peaceful love does, sometimes the results are amazing.

I am not suggesting these hikers were truth incarnate.. Just saying that it is not so impossible to believe that trusting, naive individuals who are having a good time could literally be unable to imagine that 2 evil powers would attempt to use THEM in some game of hate.. How could they think anyone would believe any of it?

<<   2 >>

join