It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events in Illinois, ELF/VLF, and a theory/concept

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have been reluctant to post anything that I have found on this subject- until now.

Something is happening, but I do not know what it is. On Sept. 22, approximately between 2:50PM and 3:20PM, I received a call from my wife that she was hearing "the strange sound" at our home. It was extremely powerful, and she told me it felt like vibration or pressure was present as well. She immediately found one of the files we have saved of this sound, which has been reported in many places around the world.

I'm not going to upload it, but of all the files we have saved of this, there was one that was an exact match. On Youtube, search "strange sound Kiev"- it should be the first listing in the results. This is exactly what she heard since she played the file WHILE the sound was occurring as to directly compare. We do not have any audio recording equipment, otherwise I would have sampled it myself.

When I arrived home after work, I had an idea that would help me verify just how powerful the sound waves were. What I found was both interesting and confusing. The first image is the seismograph from that day and that time- take a look:

9-22 Hopedale,IL seismograph

This is from the Hopedale,IL station, which is approximately 60 miles away from us. We are located on the same geographic plate as that station, so I knew it would be the one to check. I can honestly say I do not know what happened by looking at the graph, but it was significant. A few hours later, as you can see and have no doubt heard about, there was an earthquake at 6:32PM almost centered on New Madrid. Was what we heard a few hours before the cause of this event?

Continuing my search for an answer, I decided to check the induction magnetometer in Gakona, Alaska. This is what I found for that day and time period-

9-22 Induction Magnetometer

The quake was at 23:32 UTC, but significant ELF/VLF was picked up starting almost the same time as my wife initially heard the strange sound a few hours earlier. Obviously I do not know the source of the sound or the ELF/VLF on the magnetometer graph, but there seems to be a direct correlation between the two.

I am currently working on a theory/experiment that, with luck, will shed some light on this phenomenon. I am taking the 3 frequencies picked up by the magnetometer and raising them full octaves until they are audible to the human ear. These are only approximations, but the closest I can get is 55.2HZ, 50.4HZ, and 27.2HZ. These are 4 octaves above the ELF/VLF frequencies, but the same notes. I'm trying to keep them low as to reproduce what I believe to be a harmonic resonance effect that may have rather destructive side effects- like a standing wave in a speaker enclosure.

As I said earlier, I do not know the source of the sound, but what I am starting to contemplate is if astronomical alignments create a "chord" of harmonic ELF/VLF. There would be many affecting variables, such as mass, composition, and distance- everyone knows that. But what if each objects georesonant frequency(on Earth-the Schuuman Resonance) somehow affects the others? The alignments of such objects could effectively produce a ELF/VLF chord, which depending on the frequency mismatch, could produce either a standing wave that could greatly affect the geophysical structure of the Earth(or other planets/object), or a null frequency that may directly affect the Schuuman Resonance frequency.

I know this sounds really out there, but there's something about it that makes sense. I don't have all the answers, just more questions. So I come to you, fellow ATS members, and ask for your assistance in this endeavor to prove or disprove my theory. What would help right now is seeing if the induction magnetometer readings show frequencies occurring at the same time as the other "strange sound" events, then crossreferencing quake data as well. I don't have a lot of time for research due to my job, so I hope this will speed up the process.

Please post any correlating data here so I can have a centralized location for the data. I will comment and respond when time allows, which will be in the evenings normally after 6PM CDT.

This thread is about the scientific process to prove or disprove a theory. It is not about ridiculous weapons, aliens, shadow governments, or the like. So if all of you would be so kind as to stay on topic and work together, we should all be able to learn much from this.

Thank you everyone

Mods- I really don't know where this thread belongs, so please feel free to move it. Thanks!
edit on 25-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: wrong category

edit on 25-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: wrong time conversion UTC to CDT

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

You seem to really know what you're talking about with all the scientific details....so forgive me if my input isn't exactly scientific

I am from a small city in British Columbia, Canada, and there is a spot near the city I live in called Vidette Lake. In 1980 Buddhist monks started visiting the area and claimed it was the "Center of the Universe". It's in a very old volcanic area, and when seismic activity is going on it also emits very loud tones (kind of like a tuning fork). I don't know if it is relevant to what you're talking about in your post but I just thought I would mention it and perhaps it would help?

I'm going to try to post some links of the location if you would like to look into it yourself....it's actually a very interesting and beautiful spot.

www.videttelake.com...

hallicino.hubpages.com...

www.tourismkamloops.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm in Aurora, Illinois. Where are you central, south or north Illinois. I was up for a while last night, tell me. I think I would have caught that one. I want to hear more what else happened ?
edit on 25-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Many people have mentioned the sounds that have been heard, but there is also some that mention what my husband and I are experiencing.

A year ago we were both playing an online video game when our ears started ringing and humming, both at the same time. How can tinnitus happen in two people starting the very same moment.
It never went away. This last few months the sound has intensified getting steadily louder, my husband has tried several types of ear drops this week that only made his ears totally plugged. The sound is so loud now it is hard to go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.
There are a few threads on here about those sounds
I also notified a few from the quake page to take a look at that seismograph who are way more qualified then me to read those things.
Good luck with your research !

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignoranceisnotbliss2011

This is an extremely interesting location. From the story told, it might be an intersection point of various tones/frequencies emitted throughout the universe, possibly due to unknown astronomical alignments.

Great find! I will have to plug in some star charts with current locations to see if they correspond with that location. It's too bad someone we know doesn't live near there. If we had exact times the sounds were heard, we could compare to induction magnetometer data to link to that time.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'm about 40 miles south of Joliet, just off I55. I'm not sure if you would have heard it, especially if it affected a specific fault or geographic plate. You are located to the east of the Lasalle fault, whereas I am to the west. That particular fault is rather isolated when it comes to the ability to transmit vibration/tones. I also checked the Olney Illinois seismograph, which is on a different plate. It showed virtually no movement at all.

Did you hear anything on Sept. 22 in the afternoon?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum Logic

I'm about 40 miles south of Joliet, just off I55. I'm not sure if you would have heard it, especially if it affected a specific fault or geographic plate. You are located to the east of the Lasalle fault, whereas I am to the west. That particular fault is rather isolated when it comes to the ability to transmit vibration/tones. I also checked the Olney Illinois seismograph, which is on a different plate. It showed virtually no movement at all.

Did you hear anything on Sept. 22 in the afternoon?

No, I didn't hear anything

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

What you are experiencing sounds to me like a HF or VHF reaction. Has this only persisted since the original instance of hearing the high frequency tone? Do you feel an abnormal pressure in your ears that seems to emanate
from an external source, or an interior pressure(like an ear infection)?

There is another set of frequencies involved in this theory, but I have not mentioned them as I am afraid it will derail the purpose of this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi....myself and another member are creating a map of "the sound" reports and earthquakes to see how they match up ....as soon as it's done I'll post it on my thread about the sounds here....I have all the videos there too.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That is what I thought. This leads me to believe the sound is possibly tectonic in nature.

Thanks for your input

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Something else I wanted to add was we were experiencing a strong solar flare about that time.

Space Weather Message Code: SUMX01 Serial Number: 73 Issue Time: 2011 Sep 22 1145 UTC SUMMARY: X-ray Event exceeded X1 Begin Time: 2011 Sep 22 1029 UTC Maximum Time: 2011 Sep 22 1101 UTC End Time: 2011 Sep 22 1144 UTC X-ray Class: X1.4 Location: N15E90 NOAA Scale: R3 - Strong

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thank you for your input. We need to find a way to coordinate and crossmatch our data, as I personally believe we individually have a picture of what's happening, and we just need to put the pieces together.

I look forward to reading what you post. Thanks again

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm assuming you live in the Dwight area. I live west of there a little but was in the Coal City neighborhood at Cinder Ridge about 3:00PM. I didn't nothing any sounds like that except for the 2 holes by 55, but I'm pretty sure that was just the trucks humming along the pavement.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Are you aware of any data that shows a correlation of strong solar flares and the frequency emitted during such events? The reason I ask is, at the most basic level, all energy emitted or released is a sound wave, whether it is within the range of human hearing or not. If we can figure out the frequencies of these energetic releases, we could attempt to step up or down the octaves and reproduce them to see if it creates a standing wave or a null frequency.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum Logic

What you are experiencing sounds to me like a HF or VHF reaction. Has this only persisted since the original instance of hearing the high frequency tone? Do you feel an abnormal pressure in your ears that seems to emanate
from an external source, or an interior pressure(like an ear infection)?

There is another set of frequencies involved in this theory, but I have not mentioned them as I am afraid it will derail the purpose of this thread.

We didn't hear any external sounds except the computers which we all know are not silent, but at on moment I said my ears are ringing and he was holding his and said mine too.

No other symptom just noise... no pressure, sounds like hum with crickets and now after a year is like a steady squeal that has steadily increased month after month. We have asked others at work and they are not having this problem so it is just us as far as we know.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I listened to the Strange sound in Kiev and It made me think about meditation videoes that I use from youtube www.youtube.com... to open chakra. I kinda get that buddist would be intrested in the other spot if this happened natuarly. My guess is that it is a natural occurance of earth changing that is brought on by the solar activity. What I belive is happening will not be included in this post because it has to do with faith and religion.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Very interesting. Since it was an online video game, there is the possibility that an interlaced frequency within the game was transmitted and had a physiological effect on you. I have often wondered if this was happening, but is a completely different topic I will create a thread on in the future.

Thanks, and sorry I don't have an explanation for you.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here is something about solar flares and seismic noise in the range of 10-20 Hz.

The work continues the study of interrelations between strong flare-induced magnetic storms and variations of seismicity. Using data on the time dependences of the parameters of seismic noise (average level and root mean squared (RMS)), recorded by stations of the KNET seismic network during monitoring of the territory of Bishkek geodynamic site (North Tien Shan). The presented results indicate the high sensitivity of the seismic noise in the frequency range of 10–20 Hz to external and, in particular, electromagnetic effects in comparison to the seismic activity. We noted the manifestations of the effects of magnetic storms that occurred after strong and super-strong solar flares in 2000–2006. These were short-term increases in the RMS of seismic noise, preceding changes in the accumulation rate of the number of events. The obtained results agree with conclusions about the interrelation between seismicity and magnetic storms. A model is suggested to describe one of the possible mechanisms by which the electromagnetic pulses and the currents induced by them in a medium devoid of piezoelectric properties influence the seismic process.

www.springerlink.com...

But that is all I could get off that,you have to buy the book.

edit on 25-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Thanks for your response. I wonder as well about it being the monk's "om" frequency. We will definitely have to create another thread specifically on this topic. Thanks, for withholding so as not to derail the thread. It is much appreciated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join