It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America's new app update wants access to your contacts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was just going to press the update button on my BOA app for my smart phone and I glanced down to the comments section and saw the comments. The new permissions ask for access to "Read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people"
I can't take a screen shot of my phone, but I'm sure some of you can look it up if you have this app.
They don't need access to my contacts nor do they need their addresses, I don't know what they are trying to do here. Please let the people you know that bank with them about this, thanks.

Edit: I added the photo a few posts down.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Elieser because: info added

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You know, no offence to you or anyone else who uses apps & such.
Why is there a need for them?
I know they're cool and stuff, but of course its just going to be one more way to trace us, track us, do whatever it is "they" do.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Only if BofA give me unlimited access to their vaults.....

Sounds like a fair trade huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I was going to leave BOA and I was procrastinating, now I have more reasons to leave them and go with a local bank. I will also check what permissions I have allowed on my other apps and I will not allow automatic updates on any of them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
you can take a pic of the screenwith the phone its self, press the home button and the power button at the same time might take a couple of tries to get the timing right, itll save it in the normal place

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here is the comments part of the update page, people are not happy about this. Does anyone have an idea of why would they want this information?

top topics

join